Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 280

Thread: Rand Paul announces presidential run

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I disagree. **** the Republicans. They need to lose in order to wake up. And so do democrats.

    Say what.....the only ones that need to lose is the Democratic Party, and Right now they have never been this weak since the Civil War. Time to help them divide up. That game they know so well.

  2. #242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,308

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Rubio, Paul, and Cruz are all republicans that the neocons fought tooth and nail to not get elected.
    they are all possible presidential candidates. I have seen how this movie ends, and it does not end well for you.
    Yes, they all ran against establishment candidates in the primary.
    And yes, they have all tacked to the NeoCon in their own ways.

    McConnell didn't mind Paul's help to get reelected .
    You're Welcome .

  3. #243
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    If he was being promoted and supported by neoconservatives, which he was, you have no point.
    Crist was preferred by the national party apparatus...until he lost to Rubio.

    Rubio got support from Demint, but he fought an uphill money campaign because the neocons were not going to bankroll his efforts. but the tea party did.

    necons are always trying to rewrite history.

    this book is very good

    https://books.google.com/books?id=CW...0rubio&f=false

  4. #244
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    When did 'neoconservatives' fight Rubio? His foreign policy platform is one of the things I like about him. As far as I remember Paul is the only one who excited serious reservations. Furthermore, no one ever said that the odd candidate here and there wouldn't be able to win an election. Hell, Ron Paul was in office going back to the 80's. The point is that the majority, the levers of power, and the donor base are beyond the grasp of this fringe. As for being a Democrat, do you really think that? If you do it's emblematic of why the fire and brimstone 'conservatives' wont ever have true national success.
    in 2009. they bankrolled Charlie Crist. They flat out said Rubio was too extreme.

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    false.

    reason is not force. I am sad you think it is.
    Don't be sad, its you who has the constraint that cannot figure out how force works.

  6. #246
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    a fact that does not pertain to the argument is a strawman
    It does. The narrative of neoconservative opposition simply isn't accurate.

    Senator Rubio affiliates with the neoconservative school. He spoke with prominent neoconservative thinkers during his 2010 run. He even had the endorsement of Vice President Cheney.
    Cheney backs Rubio - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

    And as a separate matter, the Vice President was prescient in suggesting that Governor Crist couldn’t be “trusted to remain a Republican."
    Last edited by donsutherland1; 04-09-15 at 03:03 PM.

  7. #247
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,231

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    a fact that does not pertain to the argument is a strawman


    That is incorrect and you are the only one saying it is not relevant...perhaps because you have no argument.

    A straw man is a common reference argument and is an informal fallacy based on false representation of an opponent's argument.[1] To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.
    Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Typical misconception of the uninformed
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  8. #248
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,450

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    I thought he handled this question very well. About time candidates started pushing **** back in the faces of the democrat media shills.

  9. #249
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    That is incorrect and you are the only one saying it is not relevant...perhaps because you have no argument.
    yes, a false representation of my argument.

    I did not argue that Rubio is a neocon. I argued that in 2009, neocons fought to keep him out of office.

    PWNED


    YOU LOSE

    Quote Originally Posted by me and my argument
    Rubio, Paul, and Cruz are all republicans that the neocons fought tooth and nail to not get elected.

  10. #250
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,231

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Don't be sad, its you who has the constraint that cannot figure out how force works.
    I have covered politics since I was 19, that's 47 years.

    And we always referred to the losing incumbent as "forced out of office"

    Propositions force government to do what they they say.

    I think we are seeing deperation of argument as the battle has been lost, to save face we need argue the gritty details.,
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •