Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 280

Thread: Rand Paul announces presidential run

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ...and start the clock on how long it will be before he is the officially out of the race (he currently is unofficially out of it). Republicans love the idea of playing around with a libertarian, but they really can't actually marry one.
    Libertarians are only 20-25% of the Republican voters. Even most Republicans don't want to eliminate Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, which is what libertarians want to do. As for Rand Paul's deficit reduction goal, what is he going to cut?
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    05-26-17 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,267

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Do they really want to be associated to the Republican Party? I would be more interested in seeing the Demos be broken up from the inside out.
    I think this country would be better off with 10-15 parties sharing power instead of 2.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    ~eye roll
    Oh, I shouldn't have used the word force, huh. How about give them incentive to follow thru with what I have just got done telling you. Or were you letting that one word confuse you over all that was said.

    Then again, I wouldn't be against forcing them out if giving up the 2 party system. Then yeah, and we would try real hard like. Because we can.

  4. #174
    Dungeon Master
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,943

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Looks like he will start off with some flak too.

    No, not from the left or the MS Media either. Just Republicans.
    Face it, brother. With the stable of "also rans", suckers, dummies and fools declaring or about to declare their GOP candidacy it is going to be a made for television election like no other. None, I sincerely mean none, of the GOP candidates or assumed candidates represent the wishes and needs of most Americans, not even most of the wishes and needs of the GOP! Most people don't want any of these crazies anywhere near the Oval Office.

    Now contrast that with Hillary, O'Malley and Webb. Webb is a serious contender, is damned qualified, a Vietnam Veteran, and is a no nonsense guy who is not a political whore. O'Malley, I don't know yet. But none of that matters because it seems that at this point liberals and progressive are all misty-eyed and dreamy over a Clinton presidency. That scares the hell out of me.

    I don't even want to imagine the United States being lead by any GOP candidate, I can't imagine the nation being lead by Clinton. I get dry heaves thinking about it. Clinton is NOT the better choice over the any of the GOP bozos and none of the GOP bozos are the better choice over Clinton. Short of some kind of political deus ex machina we are all sweet and fairly ****ed.

    Just like everyone else everyday, I walk around and talk to people, people I know well, friends, people I don't know well, family. I listen, I observe. Most people are fed the hell up with Congress and the White House and the condition of the nation. With the exception of Tea Baggers most people wouldn't think twice about supporting any of the above. Even Tea Baggers are leery of the presidential lunatics running out from under the rocks.

    What bothers me most is that most Americans have given the hell up. They are willing to accept this even though they don't like it. "What can I do?" they say, and then they turn around and vote the party line - "because 3rd party candidates don't have a chance" - or they don't vote.

    Washington, Congress, the machine is what has ****ed up this nation. Not Republican, not Democrats, but rather both parties. They are the problem, they cannot be the solution. And Americans keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. Democracy is dead in the United States.

    So Ron Paul? More good media sound bites in the TeeVee nation. Another lunatic on the crazy train. And America will listen and watch and it'll all be like one big reality show where America gets to cheer among choices chosen for them and everyone loses. Toss Wolf Blitzer and Chris Matthews over the side. Let Jerry Springer do the election night Tee Vee commentary.
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 04-08-15 at 12:26 PM.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



  5. #175
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh, I shouldn't have used the word force, huh. How about give them incentive to follow thru with what I have just got done telling you. Or were you letting that one word confuse you over all that was said.

    Then again, I wouldn't be against forcing them out if giving up the 2 party system. Then yeah, and we would try real hard like. Because we can.
    you also shouldn't of lied when you said it was just the democrats you were talking about.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Face it, brother. With the stable of "also rans", suckers, dummies and fools declaring or about to declare their GOP candidacy it is going to be a made for television election like no other. None, I sincerely mean none, of the GOP candidates or assumed candidates represent the wishes and needs of most Americans, not even most of the wishes and needs of the GOP! Most people don't want any of these crazies anywhere near the Oval Office.

    Now contrast that with Hillary, O'Malley and Webb. Webb is a serious contender, is damned qualified, a Vietnam Veteran, and is a no nonsense guy who is not a political whore. O'Malley, I don't know yet. But none of that matters because it seems that at this point liberals and progressive are all misty-eyed and dreamy over a Clinton presidency. That scares the hell out of me.

    I don't even want to imagine the United States being lead by any GOP candidate, I can't imagine the nation being lead by Clinton. I get dry heaves thinking about it. Clinton is NOT the better choice over the any of the GOP bozos and none of the GOP bozos are the better choice over Clinton. Short of some kind of political deus ex machina we are all sweet and fairly ****ed.

    Just like everyone else everyday, I walk around and talk to people, people I know well, friends, people I don't know well, family. I listen, I observe. Most people are fed the hell up with Congress and the White House and the condition of the nation. With the exception of Tea Baggers most people wouldn't think twice about supporting any of the above. Even Tea Baggers are leery of the presidential lunatics running out from under the rocks.

    What bothers me most is that most Americans have given the hell up. They are willing to accept this even though they don't like it. "What can I do?" they say, and then they turn around and vote the party line - "because 3rd party candidates don't have a chance" - or they don't vote.

    Washington, Congress, the machine is what has ****ed up this nation. Not Republican, not Democrats, but rather both parties. They are the problem, they cannot be the solution. And Americans keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. Democracy is dead in the United States.

    So Ron Paul? More good media sound bites in the TeeVee nation. Another lunatic on the crazy train. And America will listen and watch and it'll all be like one pick reality show where America gets to cheer among choices chosen for them and everyone loses.


    Heya RT. Paul is already taking flak over his flip flop on Foreign Policy......This very day.

    Webb would be a serious Contender. Former Marine and Undersecretary of the Navy. Very Serious. Now the rest the left has to offer is nothing more than some good time feeling. Hillary is a waste of space. Seriously this nation would look like a bunch of fools to elect such an Incompetent and mediocre NY politician all just based on she is a Woman. As there is nothing else when it comes to her.....nothing but deception and a fake leader who wouldn't give a damn about the people she leaves to die.

    Like mentioned.....it wont change until they get rid of the 2 party system. Which I am all for that. Also I think its high time we took away those life-terms for Judges. Also any over 65 need to be psychologically tested every 3 years.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you also shouldn't of lied when you said it was just the democrats you were talking about.
    Well I did just come back with I would still force them to.....Hopefully you would be leading the way as the obstruction.

    Show me how Libertarians can win an election without Republicans voting for them?
    Last edited by MMC; 04-08-15 at 12:48 PM.

  8. #178
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Face it, brother. With the stable of "also rans", suckers, dummies and fools declaring or about to declare their GOP candidacy it is going to be a made for television election like no other. None, I sincerely mean none, of the GOP candidates or assumed candidates represent the wishes and needs of most Americans, not even most of the wishes and needs of the GOP! Most people don't want any of these crazies anywhere near the Oval Office.

    Now contrast that with Hillary, O'Malley and Webb. Webb is a serious contender, is damned qualified, a Vietnam Veteran, and is a no nonsense guy who is not a political whore. O'Malley, I don't know yet. But none of that matters because it seems that at this point liberals and progressive are all misty-eyed and dreamy over a Clinton presidency. That scares the hell out of me.

    I don't even want to imagine the United States being lead by any GOP candidate, I can't imagine the nation being lead by Clinton. I get dry heaves thinking about it. Clinton is NOT the better choice over the any of the GOP bozos and none of the GOP bozos are the better choice over Clinton. Short of some kind of political deus ex machina we are all sweet and fairly ****ed.

    Just like everyone else everyday, I walk around and talk to people, people I know well, friends, people I don't know well, family. I listen, I observe. Most people are fed the hell up with Congress and the White House and the condition of the nation. With the exception of Tea Baggers most people wouldn't think twice about supporting any of the above. Even Tea Baggers are leery of the presidential lunatics running out from under the rocks.

    What bothers me most is that most Americans have given the hell up. They are willing to accept this even though they don't like it. "What can I do?" they say, and then they turn around and vote the party line - "because 3rd party candidates don't have a chance" - or they don't vote.

    Washington, Congress, the machine is what has ****ed up this nation. Not Republican, not Democrats, but rather both parties. They are the problem, they cannot be the solution. And Americans keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. Democracy is dead in the United States.

    So Ron Paul? More good media sound bites in the TeeVee nation. Another lunatic on the crazy train. And America will listen and watch and it'll all be like one big reality show where America gets to cheer among choices chosen for them and everyone loses. Toss Wolf Blitzer and Chris Matthews over the side. Let Jerry Springer do the election night Tee Vee commentary.


    I wonder who you talk to?

    The mention of "Tea baggers" has me doubting your sincerity in not seeing Clinton as viable, and from your 'meme theme' non-specific comments about the GOP and it's "also rans", suckers, dummies and fools" the post reads like White House boiler plate with the exception of dumping on the real "also ran"
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  9. #179
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    it is a two party system.

    each party votes on what color their spots are, where the spots are placed, and what the spots mean over and over and over.

    but It doesn't surprise me you see the solution as forcing people to act according to your wishes. "force them out" is your rally cry.


    Oh please, this is tiresome.

    Your posts are cleverly disguised excuses to insult people and this is the most disingenous of the day so far.

    MMC did NOT any time make a 'war cry', nor even suggest what you claim. You know that as well as anyone reading this thread.

    Also, you clearly know little about politics; it shows
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I wonder who you talk to?

    The mention of "Tea baggers" has me doubting your sincerity in not seeing Clinton as viable, and from your 'meme theme' non-specific comments about the GOP and it's "also rans", suckers, dummies and fools" the post reads like White House boiler plate with the exception of dumping on the real "also ran"


    What do you think F&L.....can Libertarians win an election without Republicans voting for them?

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •