Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 122

Thread: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

  1. #111
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,070

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    To late now.....Corker will push the bill. Shumer will vote for it.....and he just gave BO the message. You will come before Congress with any deal over Iran.
    Hi MMC,

    There is no deal with Iran or framework. Obama lied to the American people once again with his BS of a framework of a deal with Iran. We lean now that Iran insist on sanctions be removed immediately once a deal is signed. Obama told the American people they wold be lifted over time.

    Second, inspections according to Iran will be on their terms. Period. A deal without free and immediate inspections anytime anywhere is a useless piece of paper.

    Framework my ass. There is no framework. Obama might as well tell Iran he will lift all the sanctions and go build all the nukes you want.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #112
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Ha ha, yeah, it's all Obama.

    European companies are champing at the bit to get back into Iran, and they are not waiting for the sanctions to be lifted to get the ball rolling.

    Big business most likely played a major role in clinching Thursday’s historic nuclear framework agreement with Iran. Heavy lobbying by thirsty European companies hoping to reenter the Iranian marketplace may have even forced the United States to give in on some key issues in the negotiations.

    Iran's nuclear deal: Europe is racing to get back to business - Fortune
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ha ha, yeah, it's all Obama.

    European companies are champing at the bit to get back into Iran, and they are not waiting for the sanctions to be lifted to get the ball rolling.

    Big business most likely played a major role in clinching Thursday’s historic nuclear framework agreement with Iran. Heavy lobbying by thirsty European companies hoping to reenter the Iranian marketplace may have even forced the United States to give in on some key issues in the negotiations.

    Iran's nuclear deal: Europe is racing to get back to business - Fortune


    Yes Europeans are desperate to keep their economies afloat.....nothing new there. Other than that they wear desperation very well.

    Oh and All that BS about being Historic Framework agreement.....it wasn't and BO lied again. Can't be Historic when the Idea came from another, who BO peep was looking to steal from. BO must be really lame and stupid to think none would have figured out, that he couldn't come up with any originality thru all that dense grey matter he carries.

    But then you wouldn't know about Bilbos Clintons Frame Work Understanding.....which is all BO peep and his lost sheep came up with. As there is no Framework Agreement.

  4. #114
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    03-27-17 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    The Camp David Accord?

    Yeah that worked.

    And I guess Iran is no longer in the middle east. You may have heard that there was this issue with American diplomats being tortured and ****? It was in all the papers.

    There was something less than "peace" there, in fact some Democrats at the time said it was the worst the middle east had been since 1963...

    but then they were there...what could they possibly know?
    Agreed. Any good that may have been done at the Camp David Accord was undone many times over when Carter allowed Iran to get out of hand. Hezbollah and Hamas probably would not exist as viable terrorist organizations today, and Iran would not be close to getting nukes today.

  5. #115
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    03-27-17 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Walk out now, just walk away and say the injunctions stay. Bye!

    See what happens.

    I suspect we will then have a justified military option
    Agreed. Terrorist regimes are like bullies. They only understand getting their asses kicked.

  6. #116
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    03-27-17 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Jimmy is "a cowardly spineless appeasing weasel just like Obama."

    Is, the man is still alive, or so they say.

    He still wears sweaters in the winter and, just like Obama, brags about himself all day.
    Actually he left office with an inferiority complex after Iran...which lasted until he received that phony Nobel Peace prize. Since then, he considers himself a seasoned statesman.

  7. #117
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,571

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Actually he left office with an inferiority complex after Iran...which lasted until he received that phony Nobel Peace prize. Since then, he considers himself a seasoned statesman.

    I interviewed him near the end of the Reagan administration when he was here on a secret fishing trip. I always doubted that cover an have wondered what the hell he really was doing here.

    In any event, I found a petty man, obsessed with what had been said about him years before and severely antagonistic toward Reagan personally. I was cheap and childish and unbecoming a former president.

    The "Peace Prize" has become a sham.

    We have now three US politicians with the title "lauriat", Carter who questionably qualified for a nomination, Al Gore who made it into a joke, and Obama who made it into a circus.

    Anymore I see a peace prize recipient as a privileged puke with too much money and political horsepower. The peace prize can now be bought. Even Swedes are disgusted
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  8. #118
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    03-27-17 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I interviewed him near the end of the Reagan administration when he was here on a secret fishing trip. I always doubted that cover an have wondered what the hell he really was doing here.

    In any event, I found a petty man, obsessed with what had been said about him years before and severely antagonistic toward Reagan personally. I was cheap and childish and unbecoming a former president.

    The "Peace Prize" has become a sham.

    We have now three US politicians with the title "lauriat", Carter who questionably qualified for a nomination, Al Gore who made it into a joke, and Obama who made it into a circus.

    Anymore I see a peace prize recipient as a privileged puke with too much money and political horsepower. The peace prize can now be bought. Even Swedes are disgusted
    I was a young man when Carter was president and did not have political leanings one way or the other. Yet I saw him as incompetent, sort of like the Robert Redford character in the "The Candidate" where after he wins the election he says: "OK, what do I do now?" to his chief of staff. The embassy hostage ordeal pretty much finished him off, politically. In regards to the Nobel Peace prize, he was not savvy enough to work out that it was just the Nobel committee tweaking Bush. The Nobel Peace priced committee has long been politicized to the point where nobody takes it seriously anymore. Fast forward to the committee awarding the prize to Obama, despite the fact that he was nominated only two weeks into his first term.

  9. #119
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,571

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I was a young man when Carter was president and did not have political leanings one way or the other. Yet I saw him as incompetent, sort of like the Robert Redford character in the "The Candidate" where after he wins the election he says: "OK, what do I do now?" to his chief of staff. The embassy hostage ordeal pretty much finished him off, politically. In regards to the Nobel Peace prize, he was not savvy enough to work out that it was just the Nobel committee tweaking Bush. The Nobel Peace priced committee has long been politicized to the point where nobody takes it seriously anymore. Fast forward to the committee awarding the prize to Obama, despite the fact that he was nominated only two weeks into his first term.
    He was awarded the prize for being black and getting elected in America as though it had not happened in South Africa. I laughed out loud at the irony. Here's a community organizer who has been paid to help people all his life and he is awarded the "cherished" Nobel Peace Prize.

    Go back to the late 1930's to the late 1940's and look at the work of a lawyer in India who was never paid for anything and embarrassed the British Empire right the hell out of India, nominated three times Mahatmus Ghandi was dismissed as a "silly little man in pajamas.' In the year he died he was in the running and at the last minute the committee changed policy and refused to award if posthumously knowing he had the support of the world.

    One colored guy who freed millions without a word unkind, who did no more than speak and walk and be arrested and tortured is ignored, and another colored guy who has been pampered all his life manages to buy one.

    I have not held the peace prize in any more esteem that WWF or the Miss America pageant ever since
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,977

    Re: Schumer: Let Congress decide on Iran deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ha ha, yeah, it's all Obama.
    Correct. A competent negotiator would not base an outcome on the benefit to European companies. He would base it on the best interests of his country. There is no such thing as an agreement with an untrustworthy enemy that can benefit our country. You either let them finish up with their bomb development or you take them out. Since taking them out is not a viable option the only thing left to do is accept their possession of nuclear weapons and double up on the sanctions as a sort of punishment. At least an enemy with a bad economy is a weaker enemy.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •