Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Police intervene in Melbourne to prevent clashes as rival, anti-racism protesters hold event at same location.

    'A series of anti-Islam rallies have been held across Australia, with police forced to intervene to separate protesters from rival, anti-racism demonstrators in the city of Melbourne.
    The events by a group called Reclaim Australia drew hundreds of supporters but also triggered counter-rallies from other groups who criticised them as racist and called for greater tolerance.
    Between 500-800 people gathered in the pouring rain in Martin Place in Sydney's central business district on Saturday for one of the largest demonstrations, which were held in a number of state capitals and regional centres.'

    Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia - Al Jazeera English




    Great...another 'my life sucks so since I am either flat-out stupid and/or emotionally disturbed, I am going to blame my misery on whichever group of people is currently number one on the bigot hit list'.


    Good luck finding a sane/intelligent person in this bunch.

  2. #2
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    09-10-17 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Police intervene in Melbourne to prevent clashes as rival, anti-racism protesters hold event at same location.

    'A series of anti-Islam rallies have been held across Australia, with police forced to intervene to separate protesters from rival, anti-racism demonstrators in the city of Melbourne.
    The events by a group called Reclaim Australia drew hundreds of supporters but also triggered counter-rallies from other groups who criticised them as racist and called for greater tolerance.
    Between 500-800 people gathered in the pouring rain in Martin Place in Sydney's central business district on Saturday for one of the largest demonstrations, which were held in a number of state capitals and regional centres.'

    Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia - Al Jazeera English




    Great...another 'my life sucks so since I am either flat-out stupid and/or emotionally disturbed, I am going to blame my misery on whichever group of people is currently number one on the bigot hit list'.


    Good luck finding a sane/intelligent person in this bunch.
    You mean like those ignorant and emotionally disturbed gays who protest Catholics (in your logic)?

    There are MANY reasons to protest Islam - discrimination against gays, against women, opposition to free speech, to name a few.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You mean like those ignorant and emotionally disturbed gays who protest Catholics (in your logic)?

    There are MANY reasons to protest Islam - discrimination against gays, against women, opposition to free speech, to name a few.
    I have no idea what you are blathering about.

    There are over a billion Muslims...a VERY tiny fraction of them are extremists. Not all Muslims are against gays, women or free speech; only an ignoramus would think otherwise.

    When you protest against Muslims, then you are protesting against all of them...which is being a bigot.

    And to condemn a gigantic group of people - almost all of whom one has never met - is moronic and pathetic.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-05-15 at 03:36 AM.

  4. #4
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,698
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I have no idea what you are blathering about.

    There are over a billion Muslims...a VERY tiny fraction of them are extremists. Not all Muslims are against gays, women or free speech; only an ignoramus would think otherwise.

    When you protest against Muslims, then you are protesting against all of them...which is being a bigot.

    And to condemn a gigantic group of people - almost all of whom one has never met - is moronic and pathetic.
    I can understand why Australians don't want Muslims in their country.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    That's not good......
    Islam is a peaceful religion,with every aspects of life. Muslim respects every religon

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Oh no, bigots being bigoted. Most of these people protesting are those who are unemployed and blame immigrants for "taking their jobs", because they can't get hired turning up for a job interview in a singlet and shorts.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #7
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,325

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You mean like those ignorant and emotionally disturbed gays who protest Catholics (in your logic)?

    There are MANY reasons to protest Islam - discrimination against gays, against women, opposition to free speech, to name a few.
    Who exactly is "protesting Catholics" simply for existing?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #8
    Advisor youngturk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Last Seen
    03-19-16 @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    430

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I have no idea what you are blathering about.

    There are over a billion Muslims...a VERY tiny fraction of them are extremists. Not all Muslims are against gays, women or free speech; only an ignoramus would think otherwise.

    When you protest against Muslims, then you are protesting against all of them...which is being a bigot.

    And to condemn a gigantic group of people - almost all of whom one has never met - is moronic and pathetic.
    In fact a very tiny fraction of them are peaceful.

  9. #9
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,325

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by youngturk View Post
    In fact a very tiny fraction of them are peaceful.
    Evidence?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    10-15-17 @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,747

    Re: Hundreds attend anti-Islam rallies across Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by youngturk View Post
    In fact a very tiny fraction of them are peaceful.
    you are always ignorant as a youngturk .islam is not an ideology so it cant have fractions.but its sects and members can be categorized as different fractions ( from radicals to panentheists )because they have stances as supporters of political islam
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •