Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

  1. #31
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    If other places didn't need the money, why not just cut directly from those places? I think because it's all political promises with no reality to back it up.
    It appears they aren't sure they will need to, but they know where to go if they do

  2. #32
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,183

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Only to be dwarfed by the intolerance in the Republican platform on display every day in the USA .

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    The concept of tolerance from our liberal friends continually amazes me
    Physics is Phun

  3. #33
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Only to be dwarfed by the intolerance in the Republican platform on display every day in the USA .
    The Republican platform leans toward liberty. The Democrat platform preaches tolerance but leans toward tyranny and the eradication of dissent aka intolerance

  4. #34
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,346

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    The concept of tolerance from our liberal friends continually amazes me
    Oh god, more of this crap. Calling you out for saying something stupid is apparently now "intolerant." New guy is really trying to make a name for himself.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #35
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    28,625

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    The Republican platform leans toward liberty.
    Since when?
    PeteEU

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,901

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Since when?
    I would say that it is fundamentally correct that in the American usage "liberal" leaning policies will stand against "liberty" by their tendency to support government's supplying more private goods and redistributive measures.

  7. #37
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    28,625

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I would say that it is fundamentally correct that in the American usage "liberal" leaning policies will stand against "liberty" by their tendency to support government's supplying more private goods and redistributive measures.
    The Republican fight against gay rights, women's rights, war on religion, denial of racism and so on.. all point to a clear problem with the word "liberty". Denying rights to minorities is not liberty.. quite the opposite.
    PeteEU

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,901

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The Republican fight against gay rights, women's rights, war on religion, denial of racism and so on.. all point to a clear problem with the word "liberty". Denying rights to minorities is not liberty.. quite the opposite.
    It only sounds as though you should revisit the arguments in broader perspective Instead of just from your point of view. Because in none of your examples are the Democrat policies at all focused on liberty, while the Republican ones do or at least try.

  9. #39
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh god, more of this crap. Calling you out for saying something stupid is apparently now "intolerant." New guy is really trying to make a name for himself.
    Calling out is one thing, but saying something like

    I am amazed you can type with your head in the sand.
    is an example of the intolerance we see from the Left quite regularly

  10. #40
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Scott Walker's budget cuts $5.7 million from runoff pollution remedies

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The Republican fight against gay rights, women's rights, war on religion, denial of racism and so on.. all point to a clear problem with the word "liberty". Denying rights to minorities is not liberty.. quite the opposite.
    You'd have a point, if any of that is true

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •