Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Um, if it wasn't a permit to discriminate, they wouldn't have to amend it, would they?
    .. it's called a clarification... it's been all over the news that they were adding in words to clarify what the bill does and doesn't do.


    if permitting discrimination was it's intent... why would they amend it to mean the exact opposite of the alleged intent?

    as stated, they clarified what the bill does.... they didn't change the substantive meaning whatsoever.

  2. #22
    Advisor catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Seen
    01-23-16 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    363

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    if it was intended to allow discrimination, they wouldn't have added a clarification that resulted in the exact opposite of it's intent.

    from day 1, they were saying it was not a permit to discriminate... now we know they were telling the truth.
    you admitting as much in inconsequential to the fact.
    They were back peddling away from the original intent because of the publish uproar. Do you seriously not understand this or are you trolling?

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    They were back peddling away from the original intent because of the publish uproar. Do you seriously not understand this or are you trolling?
    ahh... so you too believe they changed the law to the exact opposite of it's alleged original intent?

    I believe they clarified the bill along the lines of what they were saying since day 1

  4. #24
    Advisor catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Seen
    01-23-16 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    363

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    ahh... so you too believe they changed the law to the exact opposite of it's alleged original intent?

    I believe they clarified the bill along the lines of what they were saying since day 1
    Well it all turned out good in the end. No discrimination and everyone is happy.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Well it all turned out good in the end. No discrimination and everyone is happy.
    on that we can agree

  6. #26
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,826

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Well it all turned out good in the end. No discrimination and everyone is happy.
    the libertarians on this forum won't be happy that's for sure

    neither is this asshole apparently:

    But in an email update to supporters from the AFA's Micah Clark, he urged them to contact their state senators and to pray for legislators.

    "At this very moment, the Indiana Senate is considering 'water-down' language to the recently passed and pro-religious-liberty bill, Religious Freedom Restoration Act," the email says. "Homosexual activists are demanding Christian business owners in Indiana be forced to compromise their faith."

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    the libertarians on this forum won't be happy that's for sure

    neither is this asshole apparently:

    But in an email update to supporters from the AFA's Micah Clark, he urged them to contact their state senators and to pray for legislators.

    "At this very moment, the Indiana Senate is considering 'water-down' language to the recently passed and pro-religious-liberty bill, Religious Freedom Restoration Act," the email says. "Homosexual activists are demanding Christian business owners in Indiana be forced to compromise their faith."
    the AFA, seemingly, won't be happy with anything less than a theology..... they often go way off the reservation.


    edit to add... I'm a Libertarian.

  8. #28
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,741

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    the same exact thing it was intended to do from day 1.


    give the lefties a while to process this... it'll sink in one day.
    The original story featured the writers of the bill boasting that it would allow businesses to discriminate against lgbt's.

  9. #29
    #NeverHillary
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,735
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Looks like the backlash paid off, shanty pizza joints notwithstanding:

    "The compromise legislation specifies that the new religious freedom law cannot be used as a legal defense to discriminate against patrons based on their sexual orientation or gender identity."

    Indiana governor signs amended 'religious freedom' law

    Surely in response, michigan governor rick snyder did a very rare thing and revealed he would veto legislation ahead of time:

    "Given all the events that are happening in Indiana, I thought it would be good to clarify my position," he said. "I would veto RFRA legislation in Michigan if it is a standalone piece of legislation."

    Snyder: I would veto a religious freedom bill
    Fauxrage of what's not really there, and you are calling it a success?



    https://stream.org/gay-totalitariani...on-christians/

    LGBT bully mafia and Biased Lame Stream Media be not proud for the fauxrage and the fall out.
    Nancy Pelosi said: “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it.” A Doctor called to a radio show & said: "That's the definition of a stool sample"
    It's a global Jihad, stupid. Allowing that poison into the country is only going to increase the damage it inflicts on others.

  10. #30
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,479

    Re: indiana caves on "RFRA", michigan governor says he would veto any "RFRA"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    if it was intended to allow discrimination, they wouldn't have added a clarification that resulted in the exact opposite of it's intent.

    from day 1, they were saying it was not a permit to discriminate... now we know they were telling the truth.
    you admitting as much in inconsequential to the fact.
    If they were telling the truth.....why are all the right-wingers upset about the change in the law?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •