Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 186

Thread: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

  1. #151
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    And? Who spearheading this deal?

    I am fully aware that a year or two from now the Democrats will be blaming this disastrous deal on Bush.
    Germany, Russia, France, China and the UK are all a part of this negotiation. If a deal is reached, it will be a P5+1 deal, not an Obama deal. If the other five don't agree, then there is no deal. And if there is a deal reached that prevents Iran from becoming a nuclear weapons power, you can bet your ass that the democrats will NOT be giving the republicans the credit for it.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 04-06-15 at 09:19 AM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #152
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    How original and funny... not.
    The article I was referring to is an Ha'aretz article asserting that they have an email a CIA member sent to another talking about Israel having ties with Jundallah.
    Hence unreliable.

    Funny how you're more than enthusiastic to embrace baseless assertions such as this when they are carrying an anti-Western/American/Israeli agenda but when the only reasonable conclusion is that Iran wishes to produce nuclear weapons you go "there is no proof for that, they want it for peaceful reasons".
    Goes to show how hypocritical and disconnected you and those who share that evil agenda (because there's no better label for the support of pretty much every murderous agenda on this planet) of yours are.
    Those of us seeking a peaceful, diplomatic approach to the Iranian nuclear program "support every murderous agenda on the planet", lol. You just can't stand the thought of missing an opportunity for another Middle Eastern war on another Muslim country. Your bias and hatred out front.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #153
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,843

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Those of us seeking a peaceful, diplomatic approach to the Iranian nuclear program "support every murderous agenda on the planet", lol. You just can't stand the thought of missing an opportunity for another Middle Eastern war on another Muslim country. Your bias and hatred out front.
    Well let's see:

    - You support Iranian nukes; you've claimed Iran somehow has a right to hold nuclear weapons in one thread. In another, you've referred to a link claiming that if the murderous Iranian regime gets nuclear weapons it will do good to the region's stability.

    - You support the butcher from Syria; you've claimed that there is no evidence that al-Assad is targeting civilians or that he had targeted civilians with chemical weaponry.

    - You never waste an opportunity to show support for the homophobic tyrant, Putin, and the Russian regime he leads.

    Yet when it comes to America, Israel and the West in general it's always "these murderous crazies are targeting civilians". Right.

    Seems to me like I nailed it.
    Your dishonest approach here seems to be fooling like, what? One person? So not really effective.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #154
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Well let's see:

    - You support Iranian nukes; you've claimed Iran somehow has a right to hold nuclear weapons in one thread. In another, you've referred to a link claiming that if the murderous Iranian regime gets nuclear weapons it will do good to the region's stability.

    - You support the butcher from Syria; you've claimed that there is no evidence that al-Assad is targeting civilians or that he had targeted civilians with chemical weaponry.

    - You never waste an opportunity to show support for the homophobic tyrant, Putin, and the Russian regime he leads.

    Yet when it comes to America, Israel and the West in general it's always "these murderous crazies are targeting civilians". Right.

    Seems to me like I nailed it.
    Your dishonest approach here seems to be fooling like, what? One person? So not really effective.
    Wrong, I support global nuclear eradication. There's no such thing as a "right" for Iran or any other nation to have nuclear weapons. They are far too indiscriminate, and as such, illegitimate.

    As to Syria, I'm opposed to the US's long term ambition of regime change there as I was in Iraq, Egypt, Libya and Iran.

    I've only spoken about Putin with regards to the Middle East and Ukraine. That's a fraction of Russian FP, and speaks nothing to their DP.

    YOU PUT "these murderous crazies are targeting civilians". You'll need to dredge that quote up.

    I'm trying to fool nobody at DP. I'm expressing my opinion without regards to popularity. Do you think your blathering is a part in a contest here, lol.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #155
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,843

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Wrong, I support global nuclear eradication. There's no such thing as a "right" for Iran or any other nation to have nuclear weapons. They are far too indiscriminate, and as such, illegitimate.
    Quite weird then that you have stated in a previous thread that Iran actually has a right to hold nuclear weapons and had posted a link to an article claiming that Iranian nukes will have a positive influence on the world. Dishonesty.

    As to Syria, I'm opposed to the US's long term ambition of regime change there as I was in Iraq, Egypt, Libya and Iran.
    Why aren't you referring to your statements of support for Bashar al-Assad? Claiming that "there is no evidence" for his use of chemical weapons? For his targeting of his own civilian populations? Yet more dishonesty.

    I've only spoken about Putin with regards to the Middle East and Ukraine. That's a fraction of Russian FP, and speaks nothing to their DP.
    So you're opposed to Putin's tyrannical regime? Your posts strongly contradict that notion.

    YOU PUT "these murderous crazies are targeting civilians". You'll need to dredge that quote up.
    Really? Do I? Every second post of yours has "Israel/America/the West are targeting civilians" statement in it, or some reference to some guy who claims that the US constantly engages in terrorism or whatever. What makes you believe you can simply deny that?

    I'm trying to fool nobody at DP. I'm expressing my opinion without regards to popularity. Do you think your blathering is a part in a contest here, lol.
    It's not an issue with popularity, I seriously doubt anyone who can manage to operate an average computer is stupid enough to believe that events on these boards carry more meaning than simply existing on the virtual realm. It's an issue with not being honest about your actual opinions so you can continue to hold these deranged world view of yours, supporting medieval regimes and opposing Western democracies, while not being confronted.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #156
    Tavern Bartender
    #prouddeplorable
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    71,205

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So now the Iranians are the honest ones? I thought they couldn't be trusted?
    No there too much disagreement between both parties immediately after the meetings, so something is amiss.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country spoke, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #157
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,826

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    The US has done most of the "heavy-lifting", but all P5+1 nations and the EU must sign-off on it
    Which I never disputed. The Obama administration "heavy lifting" is for an agreement that Iran has no intention of following and is actively working against in public. Sorry for the spoilers, but Iran is simply following the North Korean model and will have a nuclear weapon well before the 10 year have elapsed and the feckless P5+1 will do nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if the Iranians are in testing phase by next fall while the P5+1 are still debating on whether or not Iranian non-compliance is sufficient to reinstate sanctions.

    That ... is sheer hyperbole and quite impossible.
    I would have thought so and yet the Democrats still manage to blame Bush for everything anyway.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #158
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    As bad as that was, it worked out a whole lot better then Reagan's backing of the Mujahideen and bin laden way back when.
    How can you compare the two? Over the course of time, Reagan's act has completely played out and the world knows the full result. Egypt, Syria and Libya as well of the entire ME, are just getting started down the highway to hell.

    And the Reagan support of the Muj to defeat the USSR should have taught Obama the US can't appease radical islam. Obama is enabling history to repeat itself.......this time with nukes.
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,753

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Which I never disputed. The Obama administration "heavy lifting" is for an agreement that Iran has no intention of following and is actively working against in public. Sorry for the spoilers, but Iran is simply following the North Korean model and will have a nuclear weapon well before the 10 year have elapsed and the feckless P5+1 will do nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if the Iranians are in testing phase by next fall while the P5+1 are still debating on whether or not Iranian non-compliance is sufficient to reinstate sanctions.



    I would have thought so and yet the Democrats still manage to blame Bush for everything anyway.
    Is your post an example of how Conservatives use facts to back up their views? I couldn't find a single one.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,753

    Re: What's in the Iran nuclear deal? 7 key points

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No there too much disagreement between both parties immediately after the meetings, so something is amiss.
    Then there will be no agreement so what are you worried about? It seems alot of the right wing are jumping to conclusions. It is almost like they want this to fail and Iran to go on developing nuclear weapons unabated. What is you reasoning for that since you claim it is not because you want a war with Iran.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •