Page 1 of 214 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #1
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,959
    Blog Entries
    2

    Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    An Indiana pizzeria remained closed on Wednesday, embroiled in a national debate after its owners said that they would not cater gay marriages due to their religious beliefs.

    Read the article here: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    I don't claim to be an expert on this, but how many gay weddings are followed up by pizza parties?

    My guess is that these people are declining to serve people who would never be their customers.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 04-02-15 at 05:42 AM.

  2. #2
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,087

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    A name like O’Connor? Owner of a Pizzeria?

    They deserve to close.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,645
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    An Indiana pizzeria remained closed on Wednesday, embroiled in a national debate after its owners said that they would not cater gay marriages due to their religious beliefs.

    Read the article here: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    I don't claim to be an expert on this, but how many gay weddings are followed up by pizza parties?

    My guess is that these people are declining to serve people who would never be their customers.
    What? Do you think that gay's don't like pizza or something? Yeah, you are definitely not an expert. So why say something so lacking in knowledge?

    Personally I'm all for gays having a pizza party on their wedding day. To any business that wants to cater it. But I don't believe in forcing anyone to serve anyone else either. This is not the 1200's. We don't live a serf life.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,019

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Maybe those calling for tolerance should be more tolerant themselves of others' viewpoints.

  5. #5
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,046

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What? Do you think that gay's don't like pizza or something? Yeah, you are definitely not an expert. So why say something so lacking in knowledge?

    Personally I'm all for gays having a pizza party on their wedding day. To any business that wants to cater it. But I don't believe in forcing anyone to serve anyone else either. This is not the 1200's. We don't live a serf life.
    Not a damn thing about gays at all.

    I have never heard of anybody having a wedding catered with pizza.

    The words 'pizza' and 'catering' are mutually exclusive.

    It was a pathetic attempt by moronic pizza shop owners to pander to Christians to increase their business, which blew up in their face.

    I'll bet that they even set up their own GoFundMe page, or had a friend do it.

    Lying, hypocritical morons.
    Last edited by SMTA; 04-02-15 at 06:10 AM.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,645
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Not a damn thing about gays at all.

    I have never heard of anybody having a wedding catered with pizza.

    The words 'pizza' and 'catering' are mutually exclusive.

    It was a pathetic attempt by moronic pizza shop owners to pander to Christians to increase their business, which blew up in their face.

    Morons.
    So just because you've never heard of it then it never happens right?

    Pizza Catering For Weddings
    Wedding Reception Food Ideas with Pizza.

    pizza-wedding-reception-funny-wedding-photos.jpg

    Wedding pizza.jpg

    Yeah, you are definitely not an expert. So why say something so lacking in knowledge?

    Oh wait...I think I know. You're perfectly fine with discrimination against those that you disagree with and forcing them to go against their beliefs in order to assert your own discriminatory beliefs.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,645
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Maybe those calling for tolerance should be more tolerant themselves of others' viewpoints.
    Very true. It is a double edged sword. Unfortunately many believe that it isn't so ignore it when it comes to their own viewpoints.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #8
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,087

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    The owner of this pizzeria even said they never catered a wedding. Pizza at weddings is few and far between. A pizzeria saying they won't cater gay weddings is like a McDonald's saying they won't cater a vegetarian's graduation party. So my guess is this was a publicity stunt. When they open back up they'll get a big boast in business from the anti-gay marriage crowd, like Chick-fil-A got a big boost in business after their controversy. There's no such thing as bad publicity. Also these pizzeria owners got donations pouring in?

    All in all they're not doing bad.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  9. #9
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,931

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Just because someone runs a pizza shop doesn't mean their catering business doesn't offer other selections. Libs make the lamest arguments.

    Combat discrimination, with discrimination!

  10. #10
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,577

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    If you make and sell pizzas, make the damn pizza regardless of who it is. If they want you to deliver to a dangerous neighborhood, then maybe you have a case. What happened to common sense? For some, a prostitute that won't do Asian men is a racist.

    If I'm a tattoo artist, I'm not inking your swastika.

Page 1 of 214 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •