Page 78 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #771
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,479

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I didn't say anything of the sort.
    Yes you did

    Just said that legitimate government force serves to protect and proliferate the rights and the liberties of the individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #772
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,187

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Why would it have to be the same price or less?
    Choice and competition.

    Call me frugal, but I'm not paying a higher price for an item or a service if I can find the same thing at a cheaper price. It's why should always be willing to shop around whenever possible.

    Now, if you add a few amenities I might be willing to pay alittle more.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  3. #773
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    52,530

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes you did
    No, I didn't. I in fact said that government can act illegitimately. Also, you are free to champion such uses of government, never said you cannot. Such uses of government can go into effect by evidence that government does act illegitimately. You're free to endorse all the illegitimate and dangerous uses of government force you want. Never said you couldn't.

    So how about you just return to the topic on hand instead of engaging in these intellectually dishonest spats against things I never said.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #774
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71,450

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I didn't. I in fact said that government can act illegitimately. Also, you are free to champion such uses of government, never said you cannot. Such uses of government can go into effect by evidence that government does act illegitimately. You're free to endorse all the illegitimate and dangerous uses of government force you want. Never said you couldn't.

    So how about you just return to the topic on hand instead of engaging in these intellectually dishonest spats against things I never said.

    Good luck with that. lmao
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  5. #775
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,954

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The market would be based on how good their pizza is. None of us know how good it is.

    The lemmings are predictably lining up to give them money, not for any market based reason but because they're the RW heroes of the week.
    FTR: Memories Pizza has never served any wedding. Period.

    In all the years they were open, they only had two Yelp reviews.

    My thoughts are they probably didn't make the best pizza.

    Oh, and the tally for their GoFundME page? Up close to $700,000.00.

    They'll be millionaires by midnight.

  6. #776
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,479

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I didn't. I in fact said that government can act illegitimately. Also, you are free to champion such uses of government, never said you cannot. Such uses of government can go into effect by evidence that government does act illegitimately. You're free to endorse all the illegitimate and dangerous uses of government force you want. Never said you couldn't.

    So how about you just return to the topic on hand instead of engaging in these intellectually dishonest spats against things I never said.
    The only illegitimate power being described is when you say that people can not agree to delegate certain powers to the govt.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #777
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-02-17 @ 05:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,185

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    What makes you think the woman's political lean was Liberal? I read the entire article and nowhere does it state the woman's political lean.

    As the abortion argument goes, liberals, being abortion advocates, general don't interfere with the choice of others to patron or protest abortion clinics. Typically, it's the those who are pro-life/anti-abortion advocates who attempt to disrupt civil protests of this sort.
    You're right, she was probably one of those conservative right wingers. We all know how much they love abortion clinics and hate pro-lifers.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #778
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-02-17 @ 05:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,185

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    FTR: Memories Pizza has never served any wedding. Period.

    In all the years they were open, they only had two Yelp reviews.

    My thoughts are they probably didn't make the best pizza.

    Oh, and the tally for their GoFundME page? Up close to $700,000.00.

    They'll be millionaires by midnight.
    Nobody ever said they did. FTR.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #779
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    05-24-17 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,406

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post

    They'll be millionaires by midnight.
    Pretty cool.
    Beats making pizza.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  10. #780
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    52,530

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The only illegitimate power being described is when you say that people can not agree to delegate certain powers to the govt.
    People can delegate powers to government, never said they couldn't. But just because the government wields its power or a majority of people support that power being wielded doesn't make that power legitimate. Government for the sake of government is authoritarian. Government by majority is mob rule. Both are susceptible to terrible abuse and illegitimate uses of government.

    Government needs to be restrained to the rights and liberties of the individual to ensure legitimate use of power. The guns of government are very dangerous and we need to be exceptionally careful with how we call them down. But, again, I'm not saying you cannot call for illegitimate use of government, nor am I saying it cannot be executed; champion anything you want. But I choose to argue on the sides of rights and liberties.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •