Page 63 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #621
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    no that is just cultural symbol. They weren't doing wedding cakes in 1st century jerusalem and they weren't delivering crappy pizza either
    Actually wedding cakes have been a part of weddings since at least the Roman Empire.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    handing out bibles to unwitting minors trying to indoctrinate them is a lot more a direct endorsement of religion than what you're whining about is an endorsement of gay weddings. Now if the pizza bigots were forced to preside over the vows or consummate the marriage themselves, that would be a more accurate analogy.
    What is it that sangha says? "the seller of a bat isn't endorsing violence if someone uses a bat to bash someone's skull in." You can't have it both ways.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #622
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,861

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Thank you for admitting that no one is being oppressed by a business refusing to cater to a wedding event that they do not approve of. After all, how can it be oppressed when its "gonna happen whether the diarrhea inducing pizza caters to them or not"?
    The fact they may be able marry despite the efforts of the religious right to prevent it (thus 'enabling' is not even in the equation) does not mean there is not also oppression/attempts to oppress too

    I mean hell, if up to indiana and these pizza ****s, gay weddings would be completely illegal. In fact it was until the courts intervened. Remember that is who you're defending here

  3. #623
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,861

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually wedding cakes have been a part of weddings since at least the Roman Empire.



    What is it that sangha says? "the seller of a bat isn't endorsing violence if someone uses a bat to bash someone's skull in." You can't have it both ways.
    yeah the roman pagans, i'm sure that's what most christians think of when they slice the cake

    when it comes to indoctrinating children i can. Give a bat to a 5 year old without supervision and he attacks the neighbor's dog, we blame the kid? I wouldn't. Give a bat to a 25 year old and he attacks the dog and it's a diff matter.

  4. #624
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    The fact they may be able marry despite the efforts of the religious right to prevent it (thus 'enabling' is not even in the equation) does not mean there is not also oppression/attempts to oppress too

    I mean hell, if up to indiana and these pizza ****s, gay weddings would be completely illegal. In fact it was until the courts intervened. Remember that is who you're defending here
    And I spoke out against the state governments banning SSM. And yes, I'm now defending these religious folks. Why? Because Rights are there to protect those things that everyone else finds distasteful. Rights are not there to protect things that everyone agrees with.

    And no. You are either being oppressed or you are not. One of the few things in which there is no grey area.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #625
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    yeah the roman pagans, i'm sure that's what most christians think of when they slice the cake
    First, your claim had to do with how long the wedding cake had been around. Not the symbolism of the wedding cake. As for the symbolism read post #618.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    when it comes to indoctrinating children i can. Give a bat to a 5 year old without supervision and he attacks the neighbor's dog, we blame the kid? I wouldn't. Give a bat to a 25 year old and he attacks the dog and it's a diff matter.
    Either your not very good with analogies or you are purposely taking it literal when you want and ignoring what the analogy is meant to represent. I doubt I have to actually wonder which one it is.....
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #626
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,861

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And I spoke out against the state governments banning SSM. And yes, I'm now defending these religious folks. Why? Because Rights are there to protect those things that everyone else finds distasteful. Rights are not there to protect things that everyone agrees with.

    And no. You are either being oppressed or you are not. One of the few things in which there is no grey area.
    Well let me clarify with an example then. There was a big deal made when the funeral of a gay guy had to be moved *on the same day* from a church that seated 400, to a building with about 100. The other mourners who had gathered were screwed. This is because some in the church decided to blackmail the priest at the last minute.

    Now, i'm sure you can see the extreme inconvenience this caused, even though the funeral did take place in the end. This is still oppression - "the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control."

    Let's say a gay couple actually wanted this **** pizza place to cater their wedding and were refused. That is unjust treatment, regardless what else happens with the wedding

  7. #627
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,463

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    They closed due to threats made against them. Not due to money troubles.
    I hope a police report was made.

  8. #628
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Well let me clarify with an example then. There was a big deal made when the funeral of a gay guy had to be moved *on the same day* from a church that seated 400, to a building with about 100. The other mourners who had gathered were screwed. This is because some in the church decided to blackmail the priest at the last minute.

    Now, i'm sure you can see the extreme inconvenience this caused, even though the funeral did take place in the end. This is still oppression - "the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control."
    I'd need to know more to decide if it was actually unjust or not. Why did the church "blackmail" (if that's truly what happened) the priest? What was the reason for moving the funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Let's say a gay couple actually wanted this **** pizza place to cater their wedding and were refused. That is unjust treatment, regardless what else happens with the wedding
    What is more unjust? Forcing people who own a business (which is their right) into servitude or a slight inconvenience of having to find another caterer that would probably give better service than someone that is being forced?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #629
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I hope a police report was made.
    Me to.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #630
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,861

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I'd need to know more to decide if it was actually unjust or not. Why did the church "blackmail" (if that's truly what happened) the priest? What was the reason for moving the funeral?
    dude you have to be kidding. If you think it's somehow debatable that cancelling a funeral at the last minute is unjust...we really are never going to see eye to eye on this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •