Page 59 of 214 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #581
    Teacher of All Things

    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    27,470

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I would love to see a same sex couple ask one then publicize it when they didn't.

    I wonder if the reaction would be the same, I mean try to put them out of business or burn them down.
    They wouldn't do that to Muslim establishments because it's Christians that are the #1 target in America on this issue. Plus... they might be afraid of getting their heads chopped off...

  2. #582
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,765

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    They wouldn't do that to Muslim establishments because it's Christians that are the #1 target in America on this issue. Plus... they might be afraid of getting their heads chopped off...
    Exactly

  3. #583
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Blame them? Nope...I celebrate it. Good for them. Just pointing out how regularly sanctioned discrimination occurs. Of course...it's always 'different'.

    "regularly sanctioned discrimination"??? You say that as if it's A Bad Thing.

    "regularly sanctioned discrimination" happens all the time. Today, I discriminated against chocolate ice by buying some strawberry ice cream. Sorry, chocolate!!

    But those sorts of choices do not harm commerce. The type of discrimination these christian bigots want to practice does.
    Last edited by sangha; 04-02-15 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #584
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Again, it's not about selling pizzas.... it's about catering (and therefore, participating) in the wedding. Why should anyone be forced to participate in an event?
    If catering is participating in the event, then the florist who delivered flowers to my GF participated in the one heck of a blowjob she gave me later that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #585
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I understand their take on the matter, but it's not a decision I would choose if I were them.

    I support freedom of religion -- if you're uncomfortable with it, if it's morally wrong to you - don't do it. And no one should be able to force you to violate your beliefs through threats OR laws.
    They are free to practice their religion

    Not selling a pizza is not a religious practice

    Though an argument could be made that bigotry is
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #586
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Good.

  7. #587
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,235
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I am sure you can agree that is not the rule with women. Your wife is an exception.
    47% of the people in the US are too poor to pay taxes. Roughly half that is women. You really think they're going to spend thousands of dollars being poor?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #588
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,235
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    In 18 years in a similar sized town, there was never a single visit from the media. The timing of everything that followed is too suspect also
    I do live in a similar sized town. I've seen news crews here several times.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #589
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,917

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Any time there's a gay cruise/frat/bar/whatever, it's for the same purpose as anything else - gathering people with common interest who might not otherwise find each other. If there's a 2nd purpose it's because of the difficulty of integrating into similar groups in the broader society. Never is the intent to exclude friendly heterosexuals. In fact, the nearest "gay bar" is about 50% hetero on a typical night
    That's been my experience, and I've had a good time at gay bars and gay street parties, never the slightest problem or any feeling I wasn't welcome - usually with my wife.

  10. #590
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,235
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    The pizza shop owners are

    Every anti gay marriage argument is paraphrased "i'm better than you"
    Only from a bigoted perspective.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •