Page 57 of 214 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #561
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,035

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I must be an idiot (I know I am from time to time but no need to agree with me, I know some people see me in that manner ) but why on earth would someone not want to sell a pizza to a gay person just because they got married?

    Just because the religious right have claimed sole custody to the process of marriage is wrong. Just split it up to a civil union that is the "real marriage" and a seperate religious one that is open only to members of that religion and for which that religion has the sole right to decide who they marry and who not.

    That would make it be possible for gays to marry and for religious organizations to decide who they marry and who not. Problem solved IMHO.

    What gives someone a religious right to not sell food to someone? They are not approving of the life style of others just because they sell pizza's to a gay wedding ceremony IMHO. Sorry, but I do not see the problem in selling a pizza to someone who is gay, black, white, muslim, jewish, christian or whatever. Because if you have a pizzeria what is the problem with selling them to anyone who needs one and wants to pay? What does a person have to do in order to order a pizza? Do they ask

    I would sell pizza to everyone who needed one, even if that person was a mormon or for crying out loud a scientologist. Pizza sales do not make you approve of someone's life style, religion or points of view. You are doing your job (but I still reserve the right never to watch/pay for a movie starring Tom Cruise but if he came to order a pizza I would even sell him one) when you are a pizza owning kind of a person you do what is necessary for the prosperity of you, your staff and your loved ones.

    Sorry, but I am intolerant of intolerance when it comes to discrimination. I would hever discriminate someone religious and that is how it should be, why would religious people be allowed to then to that to other? Respect and love other like you love yourself is what religious should be about.
    Again, it's not about selling pizzas.... it's about catering (and therefore, participating) in the wedding. Why should anyone be forced to participate in an event?

  2. #562
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,035

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Screw them. They made their bed, now they can lie in it.
    Well, the bed is made with lots of money now... so....

  3. #563
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yeah, but then again Jefferson had a black slave girl he took to bed every night.
    That's what we call a non sequitur

  4. #564
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Apparently freedom of religion now includes the right to decline to serve pizzas to people you don't like. Bet Jefferson never thought of that one.
    I highly doubt he would have a problem with it.... he was a massive proponent for property rights.

  5. #565
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I highly doubt he would have a problem with it.... he was a massive proponent for property rights.
    Especially Sally Hemmings.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #566
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    That's what we call a non sequitur
    No, it's what we call hypocrisy.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #567
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Well, the bed is made with lots of money now... so....
    Good for them. Good to know that the right wing is always ready to support bigotry, even if it involves pizzas.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #568
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,035

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Good for them. Good to know that the right wing is always ready to support bigotry, even if it involves pizzas.
    You misspelled freedom of speech and religion.

    Why do you think people should be forced to participate in an event they aren't comfortable with?

  9. #569
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,196

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Again, it's not about selling pizzas.... it's about catering (and therefore, participating) in the wedding. Why should anyone be forced to participate in an event?
    Participating? With pizzas? No. They would deliver them and leave. If they actually catered a dinner, and had to stay to serve the food, then that would be a whole different story. I would still think they would be wrong not to cater it just because the couple was gay, BUT I would understand their argument more. But with pizzas? This is just a scam and BS. There's no participation. It's no different if they sold the pizzas to a gays at their store, which they said they have no problems with.
    "The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize."~F.D.R.
    "Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other."~Mark Twain

  10. #570
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    It's not about the people. They said they would never and have never refused to serve anyone who is gay or of a different religion. It's when they were asked to participate in what they believe is a sinful act. They cannot participate in good conscience. They aren't hurting anyone, they aren't discriminating against people --- it's the act of participating in an event that goes against their beliefs that bothers them.
    personally, I disagree with their take on the matter .... but i don't disagree with your point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •