Page 55 of 214 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #541
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I'm going to guess a Muslim shop wouldn't cater a gay wedding either. I'm going to keep guessing that that would be perfectly fine to people who are calling Memories Pizza hateful.
    Don't expect journalists or homosexual couples to set up a Muslim baker the way they've done with Christians

  2. #542
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,684
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Much easier to defend oneself at home than at a open place of business. Duh.


    They're forted up at home and the right-wing evangelical money is pouring into GoFundMe for them.

    I believe that I'll save my sympathy for others.

  3. #543
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I'm going to guess a Muslim shop wouldn't cater a gay wedding either. I'm going to keep guessing that that would be perfectly fine to people who are calling Memories Pizza hateful.
    that's probably not a bad guess.... the haters around here traditionally hate on Christianity/Christians exclusively and are pretty tolerant of whatever Muslims do.

  4. #544
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,736

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    It's a possibility, I suppose... but there's been no evidence of such collusion.

    it's a bit odd that so many lefties started bringing up this theory .. nearly in unison.
    that's usually indicative of talking points being thrown out by some ideologically bent outlet.
    Yeah, liberals can't think for themselves. They're a dumb bunch. It's really difficult to figure out that a business, any business might look for a way to get little free publicity.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  5. #545
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,754

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    They're forted up at home and the right-wing evangelical money is pouring into GoFundMe for them.

    I believe that I'll save my sympathy for others.
    What emotional response do you hold for people that have threatened them?

  6. #546
    Lady Libertarian

    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,500

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    There's this...


  7. #547
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    They're forted up at home and the right-wing evangelical money is pouring into GoFundMe for them.

    I believe that I'll save my sympathy for others.
    so you too support them being terrorized and bullied?... come on man... you're better than that.

  8. #548
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    They're forted up at home and the right-wing evangelical money is pouring into GoFundMe for them.

    I believe that I'll save my sympathy for others.
    $415,000 so far

  9. #549
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,050

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    This is a perfect example of what is wrong with America.

    Everyone seems to be focused on this stupid little pizzeria and it's apparently bigoted owner.

    Yet there is a stagnating economy, U.S. troops all over the world (under orders to) try and desperately to tell everyone else what to do, one massive budget deficit after one massive budget deficit, a stock market propped up by a Fed that seems clueless, global warming (to whatever extent people wish to argue about it's existence), California running out of water, Congress completely deadlocked in partisan politics, Gitmo, 40+ million Americans on food stamps and on and on...and this stupid little story is what everyone chooses to focus on?

    It's like passengers on the Titanic arguing about deckchair layouts while the ship is sinking.

    Sad.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  10. #550
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,736

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    This is a perfect example of what is wrong with America.

    Everyone seems to be focused on this stupid little pizzeria and it's apparently bigoted owner.

    Yet there is a stagnating economy, U.S. troops all over the world (under orders to) try and desperately to tell everyone else what to do, one massive budget deficit after one massive budget deficit, a stock market propped up by a Fed that seems clueless, global warming (to whatever extent people wish to argue about it's existence), California running out of water, Congress completely deadlocked in partisan politics, Gitmo, 40+ million Americans on food stamps and on and on...and this stupid little story is what everyone chooses to focus on?

    It's like passengers on the Titanic arguing about deckchair layouts while the ship is sinking.

    Sad.
    According to some cons here this Indiana/Pizzeria story is a conspiracy by the left to take the heat off of Obama about all the bad news out there. So mission accomplished. /sarcasm/
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •