Page 35 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #341
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,725

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Mathew Sheppard? really?



    Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claims In New Book

    Of course...the HuPO IS a conservative rag ranking right up there w/ Fox News (they wish)...so take it for what it is worth...
    Really? You are going to rely on a book based solely on an "anonymous letter" the author "allegedly just stumbled upon".....Jimenez has been widely discredited. Do some research next time. Doh!

  2. #342
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    As I said, bigots don't recognize what they do as bigotry. It's always referred to by a euphemism. The euphemism in this case just happens to be "religious freedom."
    refusing to buy pizza from someone because of their views about things not related to pizza is an act of bigotry

  3. #343
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,725

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    SHE was asked a question on a radio interview. Initially I thought it was pretty foolish of her to rush out there make such a claim. Then the facts came out. She was asked a question...she responded.

    I suppose you are right. She probably COULD have figured all the bitter angry hate filled little intolerant assholes would rain down on her establishment and she could close shop for a month and take a vacation off of the voluntary largess. OR it could be that people are tired of the incessant bull**** people like you spew on an every day basis and arent willing to shy away from their positions and beliefs any longer. And lord knows how THAT pisses people like you off. Its supposed to WORK, isnt it? You are supposed to be able to throw out a few empty headed insults and people are supposed to just hush up and be silent.
    Face it....they played you and the rest of the bigots like a fool. There was no reason that they had to close. They did it to play the Martyr card and profit off it. It worked to a T

  4. #344
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,140

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    bigotry is an overused word by class-warfare hacks.

    if I choose to only date women between the ages of 20-and 26, I'm practicing discrimination, and you could even argue I'm a bigot.

    like the pizza joints discrimination, my discrimination is my right.
    Unless your penis is a public accommodation, the two are not comparable in the slightest, and you demean our intelligence by uttering such nonsense.
    "We all of us know down here that politics is a tough game. And I don't think there's any point in being Irish if you don't know that the world is going to break your heart eventually."-Daniel Patrick Moynihan, December 5, 1963

  5. #345
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,636

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Hmmm. My I-phone has a camera and I want to hereby announce to the world that I refuse to photograph any gay weddings.

    Now, Ill just sit back and wait for the cash to roll in...
    It could work. First you have to film a few people losing their **** about you, making a steady catalogue of bitter angry hate filled rants on twitter and the like.

  6. #346
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,725

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    how you form the english language does matter, if you meant metaphorically, you don't use literally.. jus sayin.
    No I meant "literally" as in...whether by a tree or a fence post you are literally dead.

  7. #347
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,636

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Face it....they played you and the rest of the bigots like a fool. There was no reason that they had to close. They did it to play the Martyr card and profit off it. It worked to a T
    Perhaps. And perhaps it just makes your cause look as tired as the CHik Fil A protests did.

  8. #348
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Unless your penis is a public accommodation, the two are not comparable in the slightest, and you demean our intelligence by uttering such nonsense.
    blablabla.

    slave holders hid under a cloud of legality too.

    my moral compass is better then yours.

  9. #349
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,867

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    This has nothing to do with right wing or left wing (well left wing it does). that is a dictionary definition. I am sorry if you don't like what the DICTIONARY has to say about it.
    it has nothing to do with me or the right wing, but people like you attempting to change the definition of a word because you don't like it.
    I'm not really inclined to argue this much more. NO ONE would write that the civil rights workers murdered in Alabama were "bigots." Just isn't how the word is used in the English language. Sorry.

    It makes perfect sense if you adhere to grammar. if you say that you are tolerant yet spew hate and vile at those that have a different opinion than you then you are not the tolerant person you claim to be. please see the definition.
    It makes perfect sense if you are not fluent in the language and/or therefore ignore the accepted usage of a word.

    What you're arguing could apply to the term 'faggot.' It does have a meaning other than the slur, but in 2015 it has an accepted, common usage, and if you want to use it to describe something other than as a slur (e.g. a unit of measure of a bundle of sticks), then additional context is required.

    So if you're arguing it's possible to use "bigot" to refer to civil rights workers in Alabama, fine. But to use it in that context, you are obligated to provide that additional context - they were bigots because they were intolerant of stone cold racists in the South.

    I am sorry you don't like the definition of tolerance but that is what tolerance means according to the dictionary and you don't get to change the narrative because you don't like the fact you are not as tolerant as you claim to be.
    OK, so now someone who accepts people of all races, religions, sexual orientation and rejects white supremacy, racism, and homophobia isn't tolerant, we have to describe them as intolerant of intolerance. That's great. Yep, that's how the language is commonly used. Much better ...

    Orwell is smiling!

  10. #350
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,140

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    blablabla.

    slave holders hid under a cloud of legality too.
    It would help if you made a coherent argument once in a while.

    my moral compass is better then yours.
    I highly doubt that.
    "We all of us know down here that politics is a tough game. And I don't think there's any point in being Irish if you don't know that the world is going to break your heart eventually."-Daniel Patrick Moynihan, December 5, 1963

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •