Page 29 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #281
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,843

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Catholicism, Orthodox churches, and Protestant denominations.
    So every Christian on the earth is opposed to gay marriage in your opinion?

    There is ONE voice and you know what it is....?


    figures
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  2. #282
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,758

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Statistically, though (and depending on the region you live in, of course), if you're a white hetero Christian you've probably never encountered discrimination from a minority. Okay fine, yes, a lot of us might have encountered that one taco vendor who had a bug up his ass one day and refused to sell us a taco, but it's not an endemic problem for the majority.
    careful, to him 99% likelihood is considered a bigoted conclusion

  3. #283
    Be My Beavertine
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,335
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post

    Basically by providing their services for something that is supposed to be (in their eyes) just be between a man and a woman it is showing that they are accepting sin. That they are promoting sin by "helping" it along. By providing a means to contribute to it.
    Really??? You believe that???

    So if they serve pizza to a woman who's had an abortion, then they've committed a sin? WOW.
    Putin has certainly grabbed Trump by the pussy. Payback is a bitch.

  4. #284
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,758

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Actually, what the Qur'an doesn't forbid is the use of science. It's seen as something that comes from god to them. As such, Islam ironically embraces sex changes.



    Yes, I've read the reports from the "New Civil Rights Movement" too. However, it's based on nothing but allegations of there being a report. The actual issue however is far more complex than your one liners and silly allegations.
    That is not where i got this notion. I saw a documentary filmed in iran in which an actual iranian teenager was warned that homosexuality is illegal and was steered into a sex change, "because the koran doesn't forbid it." I then looked into it further and i see nothing that contradicts that example.

    If the koran wasn't anti science, it and its adherents wouldn't be anti gay

  5. #285
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,582

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    So every Christian on the earth is opposed to gay marriage in your opinion?
    This is the 3rd time where you've proven yourself to be completely unable to understand a simple sentence.

    No one claimed the Christian world was obsessed with it. However, there is very little doubt that there is a sizeable Christian population in the US that is obsessed with regulating morality and whitewashing their hatred of homosexuals.
    What part of that says anything about every Christian being opposed to gay marriage? Please, embarrass yourself for all of DP to see.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #286
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,270

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The whole "protected class" thing has to do with Affirmative Action laws. Laws are not Rights and they do not confer any Rights. And the 14th Amendment talks about equal protection under the law. It does not state or even imply that private businesses or even private individuals are not able to discriminate. If it did then you would not have the Right to boycott any business that held a view opposite of yours. You would HAVE to give them your money.
    Right. Almost nothing in the Constitution, aside from the Thirteenth Amendment, restricts what private persons may do. That's why Congress had to use the Commerce Clause, that catchall source of authority so much beloved by statists, as the basis for public accommodations provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The argument behind cases like Katzenbach v. McClung, which upheld this public accommodations law, was that because blacks could not be sure of getting rooms, meals, etc. on the road, they were less likely to travel between states than they otherwise would be.

    The proponents of the homosexual agenda have had to turn to state public accommodations laws to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual preference. They have also tried to expand "public accommodation" far beyond its traditional meaning. This has brought these state laws into conflict was various parts of First Amendment. But there is no reason to think a concern about being forced to serve homosexuals has prompted the twenty-plus state RFRA's, including Indiana's. What prompted them was City of Bourne v. Flores, a 1997 decision in which the Supreme Court held that a part of the federal RFRA intended to apply it to states exceeded Congress authority under the fifth section of the Fourteenth Amendment.

  7. #287
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,582

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    That is not where i got this notion. I saw a documentary filmed in iran in which an actual iranian teenager was warned that homosexuality is illegal and was steered into a sex change, "because the koran doesn't forbid it." I then looked into it further and i see nothing that contradicts that example.
    That's great, I've been to Iran and have spoken to homosexuals in the country. The situation is far more complex than being forced to do something.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,052

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    tol∑er∑ance
    /ˈtšl(ə)rəns/
    noun
    noun: tolerance

    1. the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with

    please see the bolded part. you evidently don't know the definition of tolerance either.
    you don't get to pick and choose which part of the word you like.
    you don't get to re-write the definition of a word to justify your argument.

    what does their spiritual life matter? sounds like a strawman to me.

    the fact is people that say they are tolerant really aren't but it makes a good sound bite.
    I just want to make one more point about that. Quite a few of our founders were religious men, and being religious were pretty sure their belief system was THE right one. Yet they wrote the 1st Amendment which demands that the government TOLERATE people of all or no religion at all. So to describe that to normal adults conversant in the English language, all I'd need to do is state that the U.S. is a religiously tolerant country. Saudi Arabia/ISIS/AQ are, conversely, religiously intolerant.

    But according to your interpretation, as stated those statements are meaningless unless we qualify what our government will tolerate (and what ISIS doesn't) - could be the Constitution tolerates establishing a theocracy and the death penalty for non-believers, or, equally plausible, the Constitution requires government to tolerate people of any religion or no religion.

    Again, that's insane.

  9. #289
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,843

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This is the 3rd time where you've proven yourself to be completely unable to understand a simple sentence.



    What part of that says anything about every Christian being opposed to gay marriage? Please, embarrass yourself for all of DP to see.


    Not the quote thanks.

    Be honest at least.

    You as usual posted a generalized statement about the "Christian world" and then said to you it meant every major religion.

    And then presumed to speak for it.

    And save the personal; insults...it may make you feel smarter, but it's boring..
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  10. #290
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,582

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Not the quote thanks.
    Ah, not the quote, so what made you think I thought that? I can wait. Hell, I explicitly stated that most of Christianity isn't obsessed with homosexuality. You don't know what explicit means don't you?

    Be honest at least.

    You as usual posted a generalized statement about the "Christian world" and then said to you it meant every major religion.
    A generalized statement? LOL. POST IT. Hell, I'll make a donation to DP if you can show where I discussed all Christians. You down?

    And then presumed to speak for it.

    And save the personal; insults...it may make you feel smarter, but it's boring..
    Personal insults? You have demonstrated you have a reading comprehension problem. That is evident in this thread. Continue to make yourself look foolish though. It's fun to watch you dig yourself out of your lack of reading comprehension.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •