Page 27 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #261
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,278

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What makes you think those people in that picture were Muslim?
    Oh, nothing except for the crescent in the middle of their pride shirt.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #262
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,426

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No one claimed the Christian world was obsessed with it. However, there is very little doubt that there is a sizeable Christian population in the US that is obsessed with regulating morality and whitewashing their hatred of homosexuals. To disagree with that is to go against: Elections run solely on the issue of restricting gay marriage, governors pandering to the evangelical right, legislative bodies creating laws to restrict homosexual couples etc.
    No doubt. And surely you realize that with a few changes in particular words above, it would be an equally apt description of issues on the political left and a lack of tolerance there, as well, as this particular episode highlights. It just could be that both are wrong, but I wouldn't want to be the fellow that points such a thing out. I have better things to do.




  3. #263
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,641

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    When will people understand that the written word on Twitter is easily shared documentation, not just idle chatter.

    Given today's society, they should not have been surprised by the flashback.

    If they were surprised, they are fools.
    Actually, I think I may be wrong about them tweeting
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #264
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,969

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Pandering to the media sources doesn't change reality. The Iranian regime is pretty accepting of transgender issues. As a matter of fact, Iran is second only to Thailand when it comes to gender change operations. Ironically, they believe it to be a cure for homosexual tendencies.



    You want to go through examples of some countries being too radical in their hatred for homosexuality?
    And you know why that is? Because the koran doesn't forbid sex changes. Seriously. The 7th century book doesn't forbid sex changes, which didn't exist back then. It's like giving credit to the culprit

    It is still monstrous to force homosexuals into sex changes on threat of death

  5. #265
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,213
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Eh it's probably easy to support discrimination when you've probably never really had to deal with it. Must be nice!
    Must be easy to claim that just because one isn't <insert whatever commonly associated with discrimination class you want here> doesn't mean that one has never been discriminated against.

    When I was a single white male aged 21. I attempted to get some help with health insurance via our local welfare office. I was declined. And the person that declined me told me WHY I was declined and that she thought it was bogus also. I was declined BECAUSE I was a single white male aged 21. She told me straight up that if I had been female or a black male/female then I would have received assistance.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #266
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,262

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually, it is almost entirely exposure. Those who know or are related to someone gay are several times more likely to support same-sex marriage regardless of where they live or their religion. Of cpuse, where they live and their religion do play some part in whether they are likely to meet and get to know gay people.
    Yes, that is absolutely a factor as well, and one is that is my personal pet peeve. You shouldn't have to wait for the object of your bigotry to be a family member before realizing they're human.

  7. #267
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,641

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What makes you think those people in that picture were Muslim?
    Take a close look at their shirts. See the crescent moon and star in the middle of the rainbow?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,845

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    tol∑er∑ance
    /ˈtšl(ə)rəns/
    noun
    noun: tolerance

    1. the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with

    please see the bolded part. you evidently don't know the definition of tolerance either.
    you don't get to pick and choose which part of the word you like.
    you don't get to re-write the definition of a word to justify your argument.

    what does their spiritual life matter? sounds like a strawman to me.

    the fact is people that say they are tolerant really aren't but it makes a good sound bite.
    Orwell would be proud of how the right wing has redefined "tolerance" and "bigotry." In this era of newspeak, George Wallace was an intolerant bigot, and so were those on the ground working for civil rights for blacks in the South. The murdered civil rights workers were intolerant of white supremacists and enforced second class status for blacks, and so bigots same as their murderers. Etc.

    Of course, that's insane. In this Orwellian era, this sentence would in fact have no meaning - "My boss is a bigot" and this would be a perfectly normal sentence - "I just love my boss because he's such a kind, understanding, intolerant, bigoted man." In reality, of course, intolerant and bigot have accepted meanings, and any literate person reading the first sentence KNOWS what kind of person it describes (in short, an a$$hole who does NOT preside over a rainbow workforce or welcome anyone who doesn't believe as he does), and would be scratching their head over the second because it makes no sense at all.

  9. #269
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,574

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Must be easy to claim that just because one isn't <insert whatever commonly associated with discrimination class you want here> doesn't mean that one has never been discriminated against.

    When I was a single white male aged 21. I attempted to get some help with health insurance via our local welfare office. I was declined. And the person that declined me told me WHY I was declined and that she thought it was bogus also. I was declined BECAUSE I was a single white male aged 21. She told me straight up that if I had been female or a black male/female then I would have received assistance.
    That's just what the caseworkers said. As a Hispanic female, I was declined multiple times when I was younger and I tried to get medicaid when I was out of work and had no health insurance. I don't know about your state requirements but yeah from what I know it's very rare when a single person with no children or disability gets medicaid, it's actually kind of hard to get it - no matter the color.

    Now let's say it was true that it was BECAUSE you are a white male, don't you find that wrong?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  10. #270
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,969

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Must be easy to claim that just because one isn't <insert whatever commonly associated with discrimination class you want here> doesn't mean that one has never been discriminated against.

    When I was a single white male aged 21. I attempted to get some help with health insurance via our local welfare office. I was declined. And the person that declined me told me WHY I was declined and that she thought it was bogus also. I was declined BECAUSE I was a single white male aged 21. She told me straight up that if I had been female or a black male/female then I would have received assistance.
    Well now the mystery starts to unravel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •