Page 24 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #231
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Huh. How about that. So nothing has happened. I wonder if Muslim restaurant would cater a SSM.
    Actually, after looking around, I think I'm wrong about the tweet. I may be confusing it with another business that tweeted their intent to discriminate.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #232
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Sorry, I don't subscribe to your posts or follow your newsletter. And based on your expressed views, I think I'll pass.
    I wasn't trying to be mean when I said that. It was just a statement, that's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Actually, it does. Thank you. One thing's for sure, your ideal society would be the most segregated society on the planet. Without government intervention to protect gays and minorities from wanton discrimination, such people would be forced out of backwater conservative towns, even if they were born there. There would literally be 'No-Go Zones' sprinkled across the country for many people.

    I would ask why you overwhelmingly favor the rights of businesses over the rights of people, but I frankly don't care.
    People do not have a right to not be discriminated against. So yeah, I'm going to support Rights over wants.

    And in case you didn't notice, we already have segregated areas. Self imposed segregation but segregation none the less. Don't believe me? Go take a walk around China Town or The Hood etc etc etc.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #233
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,969

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I can't believe I should have to give the equivalent of the "not all Muslims are terrorists" speech. Look at a map of where the most states that oppose ssm are clustered and you'll see it's highly regional. I know many religious people and most of them don't oppose gay people in the slightest, and in fact do a lot of aide and charity work. Often they make me feel like an objectively terrible human by comparison. And the few religious people I know who do oppose gays are originally from that cluster I just mentioned. It's easy to forget in these topics that the majority of Liberals/Democrats are in fact religious. The ongoing culture war is defined by culture and region. Religion is only one part of it.
    I dunno what you're arguing. Dems were as worthless to gay rights for the longest time as repubs were. Religion is entirely it. Just look at any poll on the reason for opposing gay rights, it's always religion.

    Yeah, about half of christians, after finding out they have gay friends/relatives, have managed to extricate themselves from the pulpit's clutches. Doesn't change the fact that without religion, this wouldn't have been a problem to begin with.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,301

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Huh. How about that. So nothing has happened. I wonder if Muslim restaurant would cater a SSM.
    Well, considering all of the transgendered weddings in Iran, the recent gay weddings in Malaysia, and the gay wedding that took place during the OWS protest, one can only assume that "Muslim" food was had and they employed at least 1 "Muslim restaurant". Don't believe me? Well,



    The Muslim world isn't as obsessed with homosexuality as some people may think.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #235
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,969

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I wasn't trying to be mean when I said that. It was just a statement, that's all.



    People do not have a right to not be discriminated against. So yeah, I'm going to support Rights over wants.

    And in case you didn't notice, we already have segregated areas. Self imposed segregation but segregation none the less. Don't believe me? Go take a walk around China Town or The Hood etc etc etc.
    Yes, they do have those rights. There are anti discrimination ordinances, "protected class," the 14th amendment, roper v evans

    This is never going to change, so get over it. The only question is how you can justify lgbt discrimination, while religion, gender, veterans, national origin etc are all immune.

  6. #236
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,446

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    What food does a "Muslim" restaurant sell?
    Muslim food. Halal, much like Kosher is to Jews.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,096

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Don't know if they have or not. But its pretty easy to see two guys or gals kissing each other. And who knows, for all we know they might even have some regular customers that they know is gay.
    Have you ever traveled outside the US? A kiss on the cheek(s) by people of the same sex is rather common in much of the world, including some places where homosexual behaviour is subject to severe punishment. Then there is the fact that your first comment only mentioned one person coming in to buy a pizza. That's why I asked about identifying marks or badges for the "queers and faggots" (not your words, but commonly used in some groups)
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  8. #238
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    I love the "you say you're tolerant, but yet you aren't tolerant to people who don't believe what you think" argument. While there might be some intolerant people who aim there animosity towards these owners because of their intolerant views, but the reality is, they took a chance, and now the market for their pizza is drastically reduced. If I don't want pizza from a place that doesn't serve gays, then that's not me being intolerant towards them, that's me advocating the rights of a group of people that in my view have been wronged.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  9. #239
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,446

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Actually, after looking around, I think I'm wrong about the tweet. I may be confusing it with another business that tweeted their intent to discriminate.
    The death threats against the restaurant owner might be evidence of criminal intent as well.

  10. #240
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,720

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Indiana pizza shop won’t cater gay wedding, gets over &u0024;50K from supporters - The Washington Post

    I think I need to announce I am not going to cater gay events. Sounds like a good money maker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •