Page 211 of 214 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #2101
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,463

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Might I suggest that you re read the article....
    I posted that article months ago. It affects absolutely nothing I said.

  2. #2102
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,586

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I posted that article months ago. It affects absolutely nothing I said.
    If you say so...I disagree.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #2103
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,463

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If you say so...I disagree.
    Clearly. You keep bringing it up and I keep reminding you how the Knapps and conservative media played you for a fool.

  4. #2104
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    1.)Except that no one has the right to someone else's property.
    2.) And there is an obvious difference between refusing to serve at a gay wedding and murdering someone.
    3.) Live and let live would be violated by murder, rape, theft etc etc.
    4.) Not forcing someone to cater a gay wedding however reflects exactly what the term "live and let live" means.
    5.) You used ...what were your own words.... "good then let people continue thier fight for right and wrong and stop crying about it and making up hyperbolic crap that is only worthy of laughter lol" And then turned right around and used hyperbolic crap that is only worthy of laughter.
    1.) i never claimed they did
    2.) i agree depeding on the CONTEXT, in this discussion it was simply about rights violations and law breaking
    3.)murder i agree, because a life is taken but buy what standard are the others different
    4.) there is no force though no more than any other law which you are choosing to deem "different"
    5.) no i did not, i used other examples of law breaking and rights violations. If he meant something different he should have been more specific. Making a equal analogy is not hyperbolic, in your head you heard rape and said hey wait a minute raping my sister isnt like discriminating against her and I agree but thats not how "i" compared them. the content was set by him.

    he said those people should live and let live, and in doing so is said people who have crimes committed against them and thier rights violated should live and let live. Theres no other way to take his sentence under context. again if he didnt really mean what he siad he should have worded it better, so my question remains to him what other crimes agaisnt against a person and rights violations should people live and let live on.

    The real issue is what i was in fact trying to point out, i realize that my example can easily be seen as extreme but it wasn't at all because of context. HE views crimes against gays and a violation of thier rights in these cases as no big deal and not worthy of any concern so i used other examples that fit the bill (crimes and rights violations) that he could no longer deny

    the best part is most people would never tell a black person or women that if they had crimes committed against them or thier rights violated but they love telling the gays that . . .just live and let live. . . its hypocrisy and its dishonest.

    where would you draw the line and why? and why is it "wrong" if others have a different line? when talking about crimes and rights violations who gets to say live and let live in one case but not in another . . .

    I freely and honestly admit that i have a line too and might act differently is somebody illegally discriminated against me for something but i would never judge others for thier own line.

    Maybe i would just find a different place to work, or apt to rent or another baker etc etc but that doesnt change the fact my rights were violated and laws were broken and i would never judge others for not allowing that. In fact if asked i would admit to the guilt that I helped enable those people to break laws and violate rights. I wouldnt like it but i would have to admit it because it would be true.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #2105
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If you say so...I disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Clearly. You keep bringing it up and I keep reminding you how the Knapps and conservative media played you for a fool.
    yes that false story and fluff piece was exposed by facts and is not true the way people try to paint it . . .ZERO "faith" was attacked

    people cant even provide examples of "faith" being attacked in these court cases/violations
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #2106
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,586

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Clearly. You keep bringing it up and I keep reminding you how the Knapps and conservative media played you for a fool.
    If you say so...I disagree
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #2107
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,908

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Dude, the Indiana law had already been changed and signed before all this went down. Get over it. This is the free market response. They got bad reviews on Yelp and hundreds of thousands of dollars for their troubles. If that constitutes bullying then give me some of that. As per the law before it was changed, it did not mirror the federal law. That is a lie.
    death threats.

    They got death threats and people calling to fire bomb the place, Dude.

    There had been no service denied, nor even requested. Death threats FFS and not one of you alleged "liberals" has even condemned the act. In tacit silence you condone it. So, don't play the moral card here, you have none. So long and you and others make this sound like its a "review", you have no leg to stand on.

    For 15 years this country has had gay and lesbian weddings and no one has an issue over ****ing pizza to the point of making death threats.

    Grow up and enter the 20th century and the rest of the free world, then we'll talk about transsexual rights.

    Death threats are a "review" my ass.
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  8. #2108
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If you say so...I disagree
    disagreeing with facts doesnt change them, but you are free to disagree all you like.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #2109
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,586

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    disagreeing with facts doesnt change them, but you are free to disagree all you like.
    I don't need your permission.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #2110
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't need your permission.
    SOrry, can you point to where i gave my permission? maybe a qoute of me giving you my permission? I simply pointed out your ability to do something, that is not giving permission.
    I see the issue pretty clearly now though. What a poster actually writes and what is made up in your head are two VERY different things. Maybe read and then reread slower in the furture to avoid those mistakes. You're welcome.

    Back on topic that fact remains with or without you you agreeing. There was factually no attack on FAITH, the story was a farce nor does any ant discrimination law on this topic attack faith..
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •