Page 207 of 214 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #2061
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh please....You're just mad that your's and other liberal extremist use of an argument that was so ridiculous as to be akin to using a sledge hammer to kill a fly, and having it bounce back and nail you in the head.

    Look, I've said it many, many times on these boards, and anyone that knows me, I mean really knows me, knows that I couldn't care less if homosexuals get married. I've stuck up in the past for their rights to be involved in life decisions, visiting rights in end time decisions, adoption, and other areas, many times arguing against my conservative brethren. But this is getting carried away...When the militant gay community joins up with the loony professional activist crowd to start forcing their belief system down everyone's throat, then they cross the line...Lot's of people may stick up for the underdog, but not when that underdog becomes the bully, and that's what this has become.
    And I have a Gay son who eventually wants to get married, which I would certainly support.

    But we can understand others who feel differently and that they may not want to cater, supply flowers, etc. and would support that right. It's no problem at all finding another caterer or photographer who would be eager to get the extra business, as well as demonstrate their support and best wishes.

  2. #2062
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,969

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    When the militant gay community joins up with the loony professional activist crowd to start forcing their belief system down everyone's throat
    Could you explain how has your life, our faith or your beliefs have been affected by this ramming down your throat?
    My views are my views, then there is the Christian view:
    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Of course the third world dregs are breeding like rabbits.

  3. #2063
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,216

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh please....You're just mad that your's and other liberal extremist use of an argument that was so ridiculous as to be akin to using a sledge hammer to kill a fly, and having it bounce back and nail you in the head.

    Look, I've said it many, many times on these boards, and anyone that knows me, I mean really knows me, knows that I couldn't care less if homosexuals get married. I've stuck up in the past for their rights to be involved in life decisions, visiting rights in end time decisions, adoption, and other areas, many times arguing against my conservative brethren. But this is getting carried away...When the militant gay community joins up with the loony professional activist crowd to start forcing their belief system down everyone's throat, then they cross the line...Lot's of people may stick up for the underdog, but not when that underdog becomes the bully, and that's what this has become.
    They got some bad press and a few bad yelp reviews. Is that bullying nowadays? One whacko is going to jail for threatening to burn down the place. That is about as close to bullying as you can get. Otherwise, both support and opposition are free market responses. There is no state involvement to bully people in this case.

  4. #2064
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,969

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's no problem at all finding another caterer or photographer...
    But this is not really about the caterer or florist, because today it is them and tomorrow it is the EMT, the doctor or pharmacist, the fire fighter. You get my point. I have asked so many times before in threads with this topic and have yet to find one intelligent reply, where does one draw the line and why. Are the people in those lines of work not as worthy of their faith as a baker?
    My views are my views, then there is the Christian view:
    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Of course the third world dregs are breeding like rabbits.

  5. #2065
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    But this is not really about the caterer or florist, because today it is them and tomorrow it is the EMT, the doctor or pharmacist, the fire fighter. You get my point. I have asked so many times before in threads with this topic and have yet to find one intelligent reply, where does one draw the line and why. Are the people in those lines of work not as worthy of their faith as a baker?
    But tomorrow it is none of those things. You can see that over the past few years support of Gay marriage has grown remarkably to the point where politicians like the Clinton and Obama, both of whom were once against Gay marriage (Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act) are now for it.

    Even the people who started this firestorm have said they would not refuse service to Gays, only Gay weddings. That is their belief and, as with Muslims on the same subject, it should be respected. Perhaps, as with Clinton and Obama, their position may also 'evolve' over time. In the meanwhile why not live and let live rather than forcing people to act against their own sincerely held beliefs. There's enough room for everyone.

  6. #2066
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,112

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    There's no fairness in forcing people to violate their consciences
    But there is even less fairness in racism, sexism and discrimination due to sexual preference.
    the First Amendment gives everyone “the right to be very critical of a Petty, handicapped mocking, unbalanced, whiny so-called President and criticize him strongly.”

  7. #2067
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,969

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    But tomorrow it is none of those things.
    Unless you have the magic crystal ball or some other means of seeing the future, in which case post some good investment tips, you are just optimistic. Unfortunately, history is not very supportive of your optimism. Fact remains that some people will grasp any means and excuses to discriminate. We have already seen cabbies trying to refuse service, pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions, etc. Making discrimination legitimate can and would only embolden others to follow suit, using religion to bludgeon the dignity of others.

    That is their belief
    Not really, just a pathetic excuse.

    In the meanwhile why not live and let live
    I fail to see how discrimination is letting live...
    My views are my views, then there is the Christian view:
    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Of course the third world dregs are breeding like rabbits.

  8. #2068
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That cuts both ways. I will quote you on it some day.
    Feel free, but thanks for admitting my point

  9. #2069
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    And if you watch the video and see the frontage of the shop, the sign says "We Deliver".
    Delivery people don't stick around normally, despite what you may see on TV. Are the delivery people going to take the pizza back if the party is for an anniversary party of a same sex couple.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #2070
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems you really haven't watched the video. They say again that they would serve Gays but not serve Gay weddings. Anything beyond that is what you appear to be reading into it.
    She says she will not supply pizzas for a gay wedding. Since they don't cater, and she mentioned someone ordering at the counter, that clearly says that they would refuse the order (even if they never had to leave the counter to provide them).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •