Page 183 of 214 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #1821
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,106

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If I have something for sale, I don't have to sell it to you if I don't want to.
    Are you a public accommodation? Because then you would have to, that is the law.
    the First Amendment gives everyone “the right to be very critical of a Petty, handicapped mocking, unbalanced, whiny so-called President and criticize him strongly.”

  2. #1822
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Are you a public accommodation? Because then you would have to, that is the law.
    have to what? cater a KKK meeting if they come in your store? OR ELSE people like YOU will run them out of business. your argument has more holes than a wiffle ball.

  3. #1823
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,106

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    have to what? cater a KKK meeting if they come in your store? OR ELSE people like YOU will run them out of business. your argument has more holes than a wiffle ball.
    Really? No, not really, you see the law is the law.
    the First Amendment gives everyone “the right to be very critical of a Petty, handicapped mocking, unbalanced, whiny so-called President and criticize him strongly.”

  4. #1824
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    12,745

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    have to what? cater a KKK meeting if they come in your store? OR ELSE people like YOU will run them out of business. your argument has more holes than a wiffle ball.
    Such hyperbole. Is anyone born as a KKK member? Being in a hate group is not a protected class and it's not an innate feature that someone can not change.
    "If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." ~ Martin Heidegger

  5. #1825
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Such hyperbole. Is anyone born as a KKK member? Being in a hate group is not a protected class and it's not an innate feature that someone can not change.
    how is a gay wedding an "innate feature that cannot change"? They CHOSE to put on the wedding, so the business owner should be able to CHOOSE whether to cater it or not.
    I agree they should not refuse to serve a gay person, but this situation has nothing to do with that.

  6. #1826
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,016

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    how is a gay wedding an "innate feature that cannot change"? They CHOSE to put on the wedding, so the business owner should be able to CHOOSE whether to cater it or not.
    I agree they should not refuse to serve a gay person, but this situation has nothing to do with that.
    Not serving a gay wedding is like taxing yarmulkes - you can say you're not targeting a certain group of people but no one is fooled.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #1827
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    how is a gay wedding an "innate feature that cannot change"? They CHOSE to put on the wedding, so the business owner should be able to CHOOSE whether to cater it or not.
    I agree they should not refuse to serve a gay person, but this situation has nothing to do with that.
    Just as interracial couples, interfaith couples, and even couples of other faiths choose to get married. So if they too are denied catering to their wedding, then the same thing would apply.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #1828
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Just as interracial couples, interfaith couples, and even couples of other faiths choose to get married. So if they too are denied catering to their wedding, then the same thing would apply.
    again, I go back to the main argument the gay marriage used during this entire issue: how will gay people getting married effect you? they assumed the response would be crickets. well, we now see the effect. people losing their businesses and being threatened with harm. and it's bound to happen again and again.

  9. #1829
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    12,745

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    how is a gay wedding an "innate feature that cannot change"? They CHOSE to put on the wedding, so the business owner should be able to CHOOSE whether to cater it or not.
    I agree they should not refuse to serve a gay person, but this situation has nothing to do with that.
    They're refusing to cater a wedding because the customers are gay. It would be absolutely no different if they said they won't cater a wedding because they think black people getting married is against their religion. There are no white weddings, black weddings, latino weddings, gay weddings, or christian weddings. There are only weddings.

    Nowhere in the bible does it say that serving food to homosexuals is a sin. It's something they've made up to support their bigotry. Also, making up something then labeling it as "religion" is not a ticket to exempt yourself from our laws.
    "If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." ~ Martin Heidegger

  10. #1830
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,016

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    again, I go back to the main argument the gay marriage used during this entire issue: how will gay people getting married effect you? they assumed the response would be crickets. well, we now see the effect. people losing their businesses and being threatened with harm. and it's bound to happen again and again.
    They're not losing their jobs because of SSM. They're losing their jobs due to their bigotry
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •