Page 144 of 214 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #1431
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, Muslims must be held to the same standards as all Americans. Zero tolerance for discrimination, no exceptions.
    It would be interesting to watch the law being enforced!!

  2. #1432
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It would be interesting to watch the law being enforced!!
    About as interesting as watching the law be enforced on Christians who insist on discriminating on the merits of their faith.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #1433
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,235

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    Why am I wasting my time responding to this? I've heard less name calling from a third grader at recess.

    You can't just look at what the man does(sit in a room, alone, for 3 hours, no guests, just his opinions) and the unbelievable success he has had. You can't even give props to him for that?
    I think michael moore is the biggest load on two feet, but notice I don't name call him or say he has no talent. OBVIOUSLY he has SOME talent. My own opinions don't blind me from that. but you......you have some real problems with seeing past your own politics. If they don't agree with YOU then they MUST be morons, right? I can't think of anything more narrow minded than that. but whatever helps you sleep at night
    I love you Limbaugh worshippers. He's a vicious, excrement loaded piece of trash. He appeals to low intellects. Michael Moore is just the opposite side of the same coin.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #1434
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,235

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    yeah but there is difference in saying "I don't agree with your politics" and saying hateful crap like that about someone. At some point it becomes counterproductive to vilify your opponents to the extent that most liberals do. There are still people who think GW should be in jail for war crimes for christs sake. You call that reasonable? I don't. Its just someone trying to rationalize their own views by making demons of everyone NOT on their side. simple as that
    I'm amazed at those who defend the serial womanizing dope addict and pretend he's some great source of wisdom.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #1435
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    01-12-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That is true. Nobody is forcing me to be a Christian.


    Also true. Nobody can force a straight Christian to be, oh, a gay atheist.



    Again true. Your interpretation of what this means, however, is inaccurate.
    No institution should force your gay atheist to attend a religious ceremony, and no institution should force the religious to attend a secular ceremony. very simple principal.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  6. #1436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    About as interesting as watching the law be enforced on Christians who insist on discriminating on the merits of their faith.
    Do you think Muslims would turn the other cheek, as Christians do? It seems you've not heard of Muslim attitudes toward Gays.

  7. #1437
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,858
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Refusing to bake pizzas for a gay wedding, is refusing to bake pizza for gay people, what's wrong with you.
    Sorry, but no it isn't.

    Refusing to serve 2 gay people who came in to the restaurant, sat down and ordered a pizza, is discriminating against gay people. Refusing to cater a gay wedding is refusing to take part in a ceremony that violates the religious tenets of most Christians, Muslims and Jews. It is the event that they refuse to take part in, not the serving of gay people.

    Of course you know this, just like everyone knows this, whether they admit it or not.

    The reality is, this is an assault against people of faith by the anti-religious bigots on the political left. They want to force them to either renounce their faith, violate their faith, or be financially destroyed if they refuse to comply. They are demonstrating exactly what hate, bigotry and intolerance looks like.

  8. #1438
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,755

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Sorry, but no it isn't.

    Refusing to serve 2 gay people who came in to the restaurant, sat down and ordered a pizza, is discriminating against gay people. Refusing to cater a gay wedding is refusing to take part in a ceremony that violates the religious tenets of most Christians, Muslims and Jews. It is the event that they refuse to take part in, not the serving of gay people.

    Of course you know this, just like everyone knows this, whether they admit it or not.

    The reality is, this is an assault against people of faith by the anti-religious bigots on the political left. They want to force them to either renounce their faith, violate their faith, or be financially destroyed if they refuse to comply. They are demonstrating exactly what hate, bigotry and intolerance looks like.
    It's amazing to me the lengths some people will go to spin this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #1439
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,755

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    I think michael moore is the biggest load on two feet, but notice I don't name call him
    You just did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  10. #1440
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Sorry, but no it isn't.

    Refusing to serve 2 gay people who came in to the restaurant, sat down and ordered a pizza, is discriminating against gay people. Refusing to cater a gay wedding is refusing to take part in a ceremony that violates the religious tenets of most Christians, Muslims and Jews. It is the event that they refuse to take part in, not the serving of gay people.

    Of course you know this, just like everyone knows this, whether they admit it or not.

    The reality is, this is an assault against people of faith by the anti-religious bigots on the political left. They want to force them to either renounce their faith, violate their faith, or be financially destroyed if they refuse to comply. They are demonstrating exactly what hate, bigotry and intolerance looks like.
    Most leftists will probably understand this at some level but their ideological zealotry always comes first, often making rational thinking difficult or impossible..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •