Page 140 of 214 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #1391
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Except it's NOT a loophole here just as it wasn't when used against blacks. When used against blacks it was illegal, or became so. In this instance, there is no sexual orientation clause in Indiana's PA law. Nor in the US Constitution. Nor is it a federally protected class.
    True, and it's resulted in a lot of chaos in the courts over it. Based on the trend of things, you can expect that to change in the foreseeable future.

    Even now, I wouldn't bank on the "We serve straight clients" argument working out very well for you.

  2. #1392
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,403
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Nope, not at all. That's a reference to previous research I've done on my own. I was curious if I could get away with discriminating against a KKK member by not painting their portrait, based solely on their distasteful beliefs. The answer is: I couldn't. Someone has already been sued for discriminating against a klan member, so odds are looking pretty good that if commissioned to paint a klan member's portrait (in the style I normally do), then I would just have to suck it up and do it.
    Are you incapable of grasping concepts? I was just wondering because it gets tiring having to spend time explaining every situation to someone, when a concept is right in front of them.

    So if you really have a conceptual disability, speak up and I will slow the pace down for you and explain things in a way you can comprehend.

  3. #1393
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well, two comments. One, you might indeed object if they insisted on wearing their nazi uniform with a button of a lynching on the lapel. Two, unfortunately they're probably covered by the state's PA law, unlike sexual orientation.
    I wouldn't have to do any painting that is not consistent with the normal subject matter I do. It's not, in essence, "on my menu" any more than a Muslim deli is forced to make a ham sandwich.

  4. #1394
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Are you incapable of grasping concepts? I was just wondering because it gets tiring having to spend time explaining every situation to someone, when a concept is right in front of them.

    So if you really have a conceptual disability, speak up and I will slow the pace down for you and explain things in a way you can comprehend.
    That's just pointless ad hom. Do you have an argument to make or not?

    Feel free to type slower if it makes you happy.

  5. #1395
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    True, and it's resulted in a lot of chaos in the courts over it. Based on the trend of things, you can expect that to change in the foreseeable future.

    Even now, I wouldn't bank on the "We serve straight clients" argument working out very well for you.
    Yeah, well, it may or may not change, that doesn't affect this discussion. And it's stupid business practice to turn away clients like that. I wouldn't do it, but then I don't have religious objections.

  6. #1396
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,786

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I'm stating your point is as fake as your picture. It hearkesn back to what was said earlier. People like you...oh...you are quick to cry ';right wing' and use words like bigot and homophobe. But as soon as its a liberal making some form of anti-gay statement or taking an anti-gay marriage position...there is ALWAYS some excuse, or reason, or rationale.

    Always.

    Like I said...you are as fake as your picture.
    Fortunately we have you here to show us all the light...

    Jesus, talk about buying one's own bull****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...

  7. #1397
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,260

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nope, it's subjective to belief. The whole point of religious objection.
    Can you grasp the implication of that?
    My views are my views, then there is the Christian view:
    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Of course the third world dregs are breeding like rabbits.

  8. #1398
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, well, it may or may not change, that doesn't affect this discussion. And it's stupid business practice to turn away clients like that. I wouldn't do it, but then I don't have religious objections.
    I agree. I would be forgiven by and large by the artist community for painting a KKK member. None of us would like it, but we all understand that ya gotta pay your bills.

  9. #1399
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I wouldn't have to do any painting that is not consistent with the normal subject matter I do. It's not, in essence, "on my menu" any more than a Muslim deli is forced to make a ham sandwich.
    And in the same way the Muslim deli isn't making ham sandwiches the Christian pizza parlor isn't catering gay weddings. The "normal subject matter" is just a dodge. It is very much on your menu to paint portraits of people wearing what they choose to wear.

  10. #1400
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,403
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's just pointless ad hom. Do you have an argument to make or not?

    Feel free to type slower if it makes you happy.
    This coming from someone who just insinuated I was a racist.

    Let me give you a clue then... Event vs. Individual.

    Now answer your own damned question

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •