Page 136 of 214 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #1351
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,624
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You just made my point.


    BTW, I have long ago said we will reach a point where the SCOTUS will decide in favor of gay marriage at some point and time. I think they have shown tremendous cowardice in refusing to take it on before now. And when it does...the sun will still come out tomorrow.


    Wrong. I didn't make your point, I made my point.

    Deal with it.

  2. #1352
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,749

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    . And when it does...the sun will still come out tomorrow.
    Not for the thumpers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #1353
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,388

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    What's the source of the photo?

    Your daughters would be best served if you woke up a bit and realized that bullies have no one political persuasion or sexuality.
    It absolutely was a staged photo. There is a blog writer for Forbes that inserted it into his article that had less than zero to do with discrimination.
    Natural-Born Homophobes? - Forbes
    The photo was pulled from Wikipedia but it is a staged group by a marketing firm (you can see some of their other work here https://www.flickr.com/photos/queere...7600064385095/).

    So...yah...like a lot of the arguments...fake.

  4. #1354
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,749

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    What's the source of the photo?

    Your daughters would be best served if you woke up a bit and realized that bullies have no one political persuasion or sexuality.
    Are you actually even trying to keep up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  5. #1355
    Almost respectable
    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,291

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That wouldn't be analogous unless they asked you to gay or butch it up.
    If pizzeria wedding caterers* were asked to be gay or butch it up, that would be a pretty big problem

    *Something I've learned from this issue: pizzeria wedding caterers are apparently super common.

  6. #1356
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,749

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It absolutely was a staged photo. There is a blog writer for Forbes that inserted it into his article that had less than zero to do with discrimination.
    Natural-Born Homophobes? - Forbes
    The photo was pulled from Wikipedia but it is a staged group by a marketing firm (you can see some of their other work here https://www.flickr.com/photos/queere...7600064385095/).

    So...yah...like a lot of the arguments...fake.
    The photo wasn't the point. Are actually suggesting **** like that doesn't happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  7. #1357
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,388

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Not for the thumpers.
    Yep...for everyone. We've already seen it where the courts have overturned state laws and amendments.

    Sad thing is...all the bitter angry hate filled small little people will feel no more 'normal' when it does than they do now. They will just have one less thing to blame.

  8. #1358
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,983
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's a copout. I'm guessing there's an extraordinarily small number of people who like following stringent business regulations, but the upsides of owning your own business may outweigh the red tape and day-to-day irritations. If you don't like the regulations, your religious faith isn't enough to overturn them. We all have to deal with them. But if this is all too much for you then clearly business isn't the place for you.
    Individual rights come before any regulations do... At least that's how it is in America... Where are you from again?



    Or as I suggested to someone else, you should perhaps opt to go to confessional more frequently if you feel that doing business with gays is sinful.
    Are you dense, or just expressing hatred through dishonesty?

    How many times do I have to say that I am not a Christian, before it sinks in? I even stated clearly in the post you quoted that I did not oppose gay marriage.

    But I suppose painting me as a Christian is the only way you can justify your obvious bigoted stance against religious people.

  9. #1359
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    If pizzeria wedding caterers* were asked to be gay or butch it up, that would be a pretty big problem

    *Something I've learned from this issue: pizzeria wedding caterers are apparently super common.
    No. You tried to neutralize their objection to providing food specifically for an event they have objections to by going with the painting portraits analogy. Your analogy is broken, try again.

  10. #1360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Individual rights come before any regulations do... At least that's how it is in America... Where are you from again?




    Are you dense, or just expressing hatred through dishonesty?

    How many times do I have to say that I am not a Christian, before it sinks in? I even stated clearly in the post you quoted that I did not oppose gay marriage.

    But I suppose painting me as a Christian is the only way you can justify your obvious bigoted stance against religious people.
    I have the individual right to discriminate against other human beings while receiving help from the government in the form of tax cuts, loans, etc.. Is that ok? Jesus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •