Page 104 of 214 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2133

Thread: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed[W:1581]

  1. #1031
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Storm troops and agendas? Refusing to cater an event because some of the people have a sexual orientation that is cross with your beliefs, not facts mind you, leaves us all vulnerable. I don't want anybody doing anything for me, or refusing to do anything for me because the flying spaghetti god told them to. Discrimination is ugly, and we've been fighting and dying to overcome it at least since the civil war here in America, and we're not going to stop. In the end, no business is going to deny anybody service based on their race, their gender or their sexual orientation, neither of which are choices, and reason will prevail over this ugliness, you'll see.
    If discrimination is ugly, then stop supporting it. The cataclysmic hypocrisy should be blinding. Why isn't it? Why do troops lie about the facts?

    Why not close down the Muslim Bakeries? Why not threaten the livelihood of other people of faith by forcing them to violate their beliefs?

    It's obvious what is going on.

    So far, it seems people are willing to donate almost a $1 million to prove how much they are sickened by the actions of these terribly misguided people.

  2. #1032
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,022

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The wedding! She feels marriage is between a man and a woman, just as all Presidents have declared.

    This is basic to the whole debate and you still don't get it?
    What difference does it make.

    If the gay couple walks into the pizza shop and orders 50 pizzas "to go" is that ok?

    What if they call in and say they need 50 pizzas delivered to "Happiness Wedding Hall"? Does that violate their religion?

    What if they call in and say they need 50 pizzas delivered to "Happiness Wedding Hall" for their gay wedding?

    Why is it ok for their "religion" on one hand and not on the other if the underlying reason for the 50 pizzas are the same?

    Either way...they are supplying pizza.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #1033
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,022

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    If discrimination is ugly, then stop supporting it. The cataclysmic hypocrisy should be blinding. Why isn't it? Why do troops lie about the facts?

    Why not close down the Muslim Bakeries? Why not threaten the livelihood of other people of faith by forcing them to violate their beliefs?


    It's obvious what is going on.

    So far, it seems people are willing to donate almost a $1 million to prove how much they are sickened by the actions of these terribly misguided people.

    A million dollars is a small price to pay to ensure that all people are treated fairly and without discrimination.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1034
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What difference does it make.

    If the gay couple walks into the pizza shop and orders 50 pizzas "to go" is that ok?

    What if they call in and say they need 50 pizzas delivered to "Happiness Wedding Hall"? Does that violate their religion?

    What if they call in and say they need 50 pizzas delivered to "Happiness Wedding Hall" for their gay wedding?

    Why is it ok for their "religion" on one hand and not on the other if the underlying reason for the 50 pizzas are the same?

    Either way...they are supplying pizza.
    Man, you mob mentality people just have to stick with hypotheticals because anything relating to actual events or facts just goes right over your addled little heads.

  5. #1035
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,729

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So, in your world, not baking a cake for a gay wedding is equivalent to murder?

    And what should be done to the owners of these bakeries?

    Where are the gay activists protesting in front of those bakeries?

    Why haven't any of those been shut down?

  6. #1036
    Almost respectable
    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,405

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Where are the gay activists protesting in front of those bakeries?

    Why haven't any of those been shut down?
    If gay activists aren't protesting that bakery, it's because that's a troll video made by religious conservatives for the entertainment of other religious conservatives. It deliberately misrepresents the issue.

  7. #1037
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,729

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What difference does it make.

    If the gay couple walks into the pizza shop and orders 50 pizzas "to go" is that ok?

    What if they call in and say they need 50 pizzas delivered to "Happiness Wedding Hall"? Does that violate their religion?

    What if they call in and say they need 50 pizzas delivered to "Happiness Wedding Hall" for their gay wedding?

    Why is it ok for their "religion" on one hand and not on the other if the underlying reason for the 50 pizzas are the same?

    Either way...they are supplying pizza.
    We have all been to catered events. The food is not just dropped off. In a catered event the staff of the restaurant stays and serves the food and that is what these people said they would not want to be a part of.

    If, as you say, somebody came in and ordered 50 pizzas, she would make them, just as she said.

  8. #1038
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,729

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    If gay activists aren't protesting that bakery, it's because that's a troll video made by religious conservatives for the entertainment of other religious conservatives. It deliberately misrepresents the issue.
    They didn't misrepresent anything.

    Those owners on the video refused to make him a cake because he was gay.

    Why no outrage about that, real or not.

    With this pizza place, the place was **** down for a couple of words, not for any service being refused.

  9. #1039
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    A million dollars is a small price to pay to ensure that all people are treated fairly and without discrimination.
    $1 million dollars sends a message there are many who respect a people have a right to their faith against those who would destroy them for it.

    History has recorded this type of attack over and over again. It's good to see there are many who recognize it for what it is and are doing something about it.

  10. #1040
    Almost respectable
    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,405

    Re: Indiana's 'No Gay Wedding' Pizzeria Has Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    They didn't misrepresent anything.

    Those owners on the video refused to make him a cake because he was gay.

    Why no outrage about that, real or not.

    With this pizza place, the place was **** down for a couple of words, not for any service being refused.
    No. They refused to make him a specialized cake that they don't normally make. They did not refuse him service on the basis of him being gay. Find a video of a Christian being denied service by a gay vendor, just for being Christian, and you'd have a valid comparison.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 04-04-15 at 01:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •