Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

  1. #61
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,963

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    How can Obama be accused of throwing anyone under a bus? I mean he can't do that and drive the bus at the same time....
    That's easy, his bus has no windshield, so if he wants someone under the bus, they go right out the front and then BUMP... BUMP, BUMP "Sorry about that Bob, but you were told to remain seated until the bus stops."
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  2. #62
    Sage

    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,330
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Menedez would not back Obama on some key issues and publicly came out against some of Obama's policies. Normally these "conspiracy" allegations would be ignored at the DoJ and Obama would claim prosecutorial discretion or simply flat out denial and claim the "vast rightwing conspiracy" theory. However, this is what happens when a Democrat won't play ball with their leadership. A minor financial issue now gets the spotlight and is, I believe, primarily politically based. Menendez will be the "example" the DNC will use with their members as he's hung out to dry by his own. Some Republicans will certainly jump on the bandwagon because well... that's what partisan's do. The media certainly wasn't pushing for Menendez's prosecution - no one was digging to oust him other than some rightwing internet sites when the story first broke. Otherwise, this was an absolute snoozer of a scandal. Hell, even here in NJ it was page 4 below the line stuff.

    Let's remember this is the same DoJ who refused to prosecute the IRS, the VA, various voter fraud / intimidation, improper campaign donors. Obama and the DNC need a whipping boy and Menedez fits the bill.
    So yet another example of Obama using the power of the government to persecute people that have the temerity to have opinions differing to his?

    Color me unsurprised. It's in the same vein as Harry Reid's CNN confession about his lying on the Senate floor about Mitt.

    The quality of these people that Democrats proffer up to positions of power.
    It's a global Jihad, stupid. Allowing that poison into the country is only going to increase the damage it inflicts on others.
    Trump: "When You Open Your Heart To Patriotism, There Is No Room For Prejudice"
    Trump to NYT: “Try reporting accurately & fairly!”

  3. #63
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    That's easy, his bus has no windshield, so if he wants someone under the bus, they go right out the front and then BUMP... BUMP, BUMP "Sorry about that Bob, but you were told to remain seated until the bus stops."
    That can be said of all administrations.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #64
    Educator oncewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ky.
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    797

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    What else is NEWS ?They all are Crooks!


    It's not because John McCain doesn't care. It's because John McCain doesn't get it.
    Barack Obama
    At Democratic Party's Denver convention, August 2008.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,017

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Menendez is not tight with the administration.
    Which is why he is attacked and not someone like Charlie Rangel, who has a long history of tax cheating and other ethics violations.
    Charlie toes the party line....Bob did not.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,017

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Silly little liberal boy.

    WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Bob Menendez has been charged with using his office to improperly benefit a Florida eye doctor and political donor.

    A federal grand jury on Wednesday indicted the New Jersey Democrat on charges including conspiracy to commit bribery and wire fraud.

    Prosecutors had been investigating whether Menendez improperly advocated for the business interests of Dr. Salomon Melgen, including by intervening on the doctor's behalf in a medical billing dispute.

    Menendez has acknowledged that he flew on Melgen's private plane to the Dominican Republic and failed at first to properly pay for the trips. He later made reimbursements.

    Menendez, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has previously said he's done nothing wrong and that he and Melgen have been close friends for a long time.


    NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges
    You really shouldn't have sided against the Dear Leader's policies, Bobby.

  7. #67
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Silly little liberal boy.

    WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Bob Menendez has been charged with using his office to improperly benefit a Florida eye doctor and political donor.

    A federal grand jury on Wednesday indicted the New Jersey Democrat on charges including conspiracy to commit bribery and wire fraud.

    Prosecutors had been investigating whether Menendez improperly advocated for the business interests of Dr. Salomon Melgen, including by intervening on the doctor's behalf in a medical billing dispute.

    Menendez has acknowledged that he flew on Melgen's private plane to the Dominican Republic and failed at first to properly pay for the trips. He later made reimbursements.

    Menendez, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has previously said he's done nothing wrong and that he and Melgen have been close friends for a long time.


    NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges
    Oh, if only he had just improperly misused the power of one of the largest and most powerfule government bureaucracies, like the IRS, against his political foes, he would have nothing to worry about.
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

  8. #68
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,577

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Which is why he is attacked and not someone like Charlie Rangel, who has a long history of tax cheating and other ethics violations.
    Charlie toes the party line....Bob did not.
    Charlie is a war veteran, if you didn't know that and you were around him, you'd know within 2 minutes.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    52,530

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I agree. Does that mean we should give him a pass though?
    No, we should indict the rest of Congress and NJ.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #70
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: NJ Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    So yet another example of Obama using the power of the government to persecute people that have the temerity to have opinions differing to his?

    Color me unsurprised. It's in the same vein as Harry Reid's CNN confession about his lying on the Senate floor about Mitt.

    The quality of these people that Democrats proffer up to positions of power.
    Here, instead of being a died in the wool partisan, call out such abuse of the "power of government to persecute" political opponents every time it happens, not just when its a democrat, and perhaps we can get such corruption out of the government, but at this rate, as the left covers for its criminals, and the right covers for theirs, I suppose we can be sure of the status quo.

    10 Examples of Bush and the Republicans Using Government Power to Target Critics*|*Bob Cesca
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •