Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 494

Thread: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

  1. #201
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Please explain how being gay is analagous to being a credit risk and/or a having criminal history. I am entirely willing to follow you into Wonderland. Lets go.
    Discrimination occurs every day. That point was very clear. Let me know if you struggle with big words.

  2. #202
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,727

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Discrimination occurs every day. That point was very clear. Let me know if you struggle with big words.
    Yes, it does. This morning I discriminated against toast by making waffles instead.

    Is there something that makes you think this is relevant to public accommodation laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  3. #203
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh look, another one who thinks the world is black and white.

    Public accommodation laws protect race, gender, religion, and in many states sexuality. That's it. Are you discriminating on the basis of one of those characteristics? if so, you're in trouble. Any other characteristic? Go for it. You can kick someone out of your business for having red hair. That's legal. Enjoy.

    Women's gyms tend to fall under exemptions based on privacy, wherein the gym is treated like a locker room or bathroom. Although I assume this varies by state.
    Oh know...I quite understand the laws. I get that they change fairly regularly. The point was made very clearly. The law very clearly allows for discrimination...it occurs every day. Maybe someday soon EVERYONE will have their own special protected class.

  4. #204
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, it does. This morning I discriminated against toast by making waffles instead.

    Is there something that makes you think this is relevant to public accommodation laws?
    Did you discriminate against allowing the 33 year old man into your retirement community? Did you discriminate against allowing a man into your womens gym? Surely you created a handicap bathroom to accommodate for handicapped patrons...then the law MUST insist you create a mens bathroom for your male customers...right?

    Discrimination occurs every day.

  5. #205
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,727

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh know...I quite understand the laws. I get that they change fairly regularly. The point was made very clearly. The law very clearly allows for discrimination...it occurs every day. Maybe someday soon EVERYONE will have their own special protected class.
    You apparently don't understand the laws because you seem under the impression that only certain people are protected.

    You are protected by public accommodation laws, dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Did you discriminate against allowing the 33 year old man into your retirement community? Did you discriminate against allowing a man into your womens gym? Surely you created a handicap bathroom to accommodate for handicapped patrons...then the law MUST insist you create a mens bathroom for your male customers...right?

    Discrimination occurs every day.
    So either all discrimination must be legal or no discrimination can be legal. Those are the only two options?

    It's either that, or you're attacking an absurd straw man here. Are you really under the impression people are arguing that all discrimination must be stopped?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  6. #206
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Discrimination occurs every day. That point was very clear. Let me know if you struggle with big words.
    You made an analogy with zero applicability to the topic. I'm sure it sounded clever inside your head, but it was pretty stupid. Feel free to prove otherwise.

  7. #207
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You apparently don't understand the laws because you seem under the impression that only certain people are protected.

    You are protected by public accommodation laws, dude.



    So either all discrimination must be legal or no discrimination can be legal. Those are the only two options?
    Only certain people ARE protected. There are 'protected classes' of citizens. As to the all or nothing thinking...that seems rather a stupid statement coming from you considering your position on people choosing to not make a cake for a gay wedding.

  8. #208
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    You made an analogy with zero applicability to the topic. I'm sure it sounded clever inside your head, but it was pretty stupid. Feel free to prove otherwise.
    Its already proven. Discrimination exists...often with legal coverage.

    For example...in Indiana, a baker can choose to not bake a cake for a gay wedding, depending on circumstances.

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,392

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    It is not bigotry.
    Of course it is. You may wish to look it up and I assure you that denying it will not not make it any less bigoted.

    Let's put it this way.
    Lets not. Stupid analogies only hurt your position of defending bigotry.
    My views are my views, then there is the Christian view:
    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Of course the third world dregs are breeding like rabbits.

  10. #210
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,839

    Re: Gov. Mike Pence: Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won't be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I read "Dang, they got us, now we have to scramble to save face."

    ".... our nation's leaders are a feeble crew ..... "

    Once again, a Con steps out into the public and shoots himself in the foot with a bazooka. It's the gang that can't shoot straight; but then again, how hard is it to miss a foot?

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •