Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 84

Thread: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,407

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why are you asking me? I provided a link, why don't you read it.
    I would say most folks already know, so again, why are you asking me?
    It was a rhetorical question.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    I don't have to assume anything about you; you showed it.
    Wrong. Your biased imagination is getting the best of you and leads you to make false claims.

    You said "several" and only produced one, one that we all know of.

    And you continually ignore her clear success.
    As previously provided.

    I gave you the wiki link. You should have availed yourself of it.

    Far more success.

    AT&T and Lucent

    She joined AT&T in 1980 as a management trainee and rose to become a senior vice president overseeing the company's hardware and systems division. In 1995, Fiorina led corporate operations for the spinoff from AT&T of Lucent, reporting to Lucent chief executive Henry B. Schacht;[11] she played a key role in planning and implementing the 1996 initial public offering of stock and company launch strategy.[12][13] Later in 1996, Fiorina was appointed president of Lucent's consumer products business, reporting to Rich McGinn, president and chief operating officer.[13] In 1997, she was appointed chair of Lucent's consumer communications joint venture with Philips consumer communications.[14] Later that year, she was named group president for the global service provider business at Lucent, overseeing marketing and sales for the company's largest customer segment.[15][16]

    In 1998, Fortune magazine named her the "most powerful woman in business" in its inaugural listing, and she was included in the Time 100 in 2004 and remained in the Fortune listing throughout her tenure at HP. Fiorina was #10 on the Forbes list of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women for 2004.[17][18][19][20][21][22][23] She became regarded by many as being the first woman to head up a Fortune 20 company, and to have overcome the metaphorical "glass ceiling".[24][25][26]


    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    It's clear who is more informed on the topic.
    Yes that would be you making irrelevant and false arguments.


    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    You haven't shown 1 clue about understanding the history, present, and (lack of) future for basic research (which she killed)- the hallmark of Bell Labs, and the reason you have solid state transistors, and computer chips today. I linked to a nature article about it, you pasted a puff piece from wikipedia.

    Which she didn't kill.
    Again your biased imagination is getting the best of you.

    Puff piece? iLOL Not.
    They clearly state what happened at HP. A puff piece wouldn't do that.

    Just stop with your exaggerated biased bs.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    why is bell labs now owned by Alcatel, and why are they no longer doing basic research?
    in what time frame did their financial decline begin, and when did they axe their basic research budget?


    comeon, YOU know these things (so you claim). This shouldn't be hard to answer.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    why is bell labs now owned by Alcatel, and why are they no longer doing basic research?
    in what time frame did their financial decline begin, and when did they axe their basic research budget?


    comeon, YOU know these things (so you claim). This shouldn't be hard to answer.
    Oh gawd.
    Here you are armchair quarterbacking and making another false claim

    She was not responsible for the split which changed the whole dynamics.

    You are exaggerating because of your own biases.
    Her career with AT&T and Lucent was successful as shown and the information you provided doesn't say otherwise.

    Or do you not realize that that success was the reason she got the HP gig?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oh gawd.
    Here you are armchair quarterbacking and making another false claim

    She was not responsible for the split which changed the whole dynamics.

    You are exaggerating because of your own biases.
    Her career with AT&T and Lucent was successful as shown and the information you provided doesn't say otherwise.

    Or do you not realize that that success was the reason she got the HP gig?

    I didn't say she caused the split. If you are going to lie about what I said, we're done here.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    I didn't say she caused the split. If you are going to lie about what I said, we're done here.

    See, there is your bias getting in the way and causing an inability to comprehend what another has said, leading you again to make another false statement. Double d'oh!

    And btw, false statements are technically lies, though I don't go as far as saying you are. So you should really watch yourself with that nonsense.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    See, there is your bias getting in the way and causing an inability to comprehend what another has said, leading you again to make another false statement. Double d'oh!
    " She was not responsible for the split which changed the whole dynamics."

    how else is this to be interpreted? obfuscate away

  8. #38
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    " She was not responsible for the split which changed the whole dynamics."

    how else is this to be interpreted? obfuscate away

    As a statement of fact.
    The whole dynamics, especially in regards to funding was changed.

    Again; Her career with AT&T and Lucent was successful as shown and the information you provided doesn't say otherwise.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    As a statement of fact.
    The whole dynamics, especially in regards to funding was changed.

    Again; Her career with AT&T and Lucent was successful as shown and the information you provided doesn't say otherwise.

    then why is Lucent owned by another company now? and why is Bell Labs not doing fundamental research anymore?

  10. #40
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘Higher than 90 percent’ chance Fiorina will run for president

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    then why is Lucent owned by another company now? and why is Bell Labs not doing fundamental research anymore?
    Pay attention to what was already said.

    The whole dynamics, especially in regards to funding was changed.

    Again; Her career with AT&T and Lucent was successful as shown and the information you provided doesn't say otherwise.

    Do you or do you not realize that she got the HP gig because of her success with AT&T and Lucent?
    If you can't recognize that, something is wrong.
    Do you or do you not realize that she was repeatedly promoted during her tenure with AT&T and Lucent.
    That doesn't happen at that level without success.
    To say she wasn't successful when they recognize her success is just dumb.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •