View Poll Results: Will they make a deal?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    1 20.00%
  • Or will they extend with the final deal made by end June?

    4 80.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

  1. #11
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks



    From your link.....Damn, even Bernie Sanders. This is good news.....send the Word.

    Bet that has BO peeps Grey matter throbbing, huh?




    The amendment, offered by Illinois Republican Sen. Mark Kirk, is part of a broader piece of legislation being pushed by Kirk and New Jersey Democrat Sen. Bob Menendez.

    That bill would put diplomatic pressure on the Iranians if they refuse to sign on to a deal that eliminates the possibility of them obtaining a nuclear weapon.

    As of last week, Senate Democrats were threatening to block Kirk’s amendment, yet every single one of them finally acquiesced to reality and voted for it. It makes me wonder how Obama so successfully evades reality when even Senate liberals like Bernie Sanders and Al Franken can’t......snip~

  3. #13
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    They said he was an amateur.....I figure it starts there and that was with them being PC like. I would rather have heard what they had to say about BO peep off the record. Now that would be some good **** to record and let BO peep hear it.
    We probably would have just released the names of all French intelligence officers in north Africa, or something.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    We probably would have just released the names of all French intelligence officers in north Africa, or something.
    I see Netanyahu has spoken up about the Deal so far.....Israel doesn't like it. Some think a deal will be reached.....but then they will have to accord and think changes can be made then. Yet the sanctions would come down and Iran gets their money able to do more of what they are doing in the ME.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,100

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    Why are Obama and Kerry the only people on the planet who support this?

    What is their real goal?

  6. #16
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,190

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    A few benchmark metrics which I feel are crucial:

    • Fissile material: no fissile material enriched beyond 5%. At 5% you are roughly 2/3 of the way to weapon-grade 90%.


    • Centrifuges: 5,000 (depending on model) per every declared nuclear generating plant. Although it is a bit counter-intuitive, you need more centrifuges to supply fuel for a nuclear reactor than you do to enrich uranium from 5% to 90%. This is due to the large material disparity necessary for the two different tasks.


    • Breakout time: 18 month minimum.


    • Spent fuel: Re-processed in a third country.


    • Transparency: Full disclosure of all nuclear-related documents/data/materials regardless of origin (state/military/corporate). Video monitoring. Sampling. Full IAEA access to all requested facilities and snap inspections.


    • Sanctions: An incremental withdrawal formula based on IAEA compliance reports. The ability to totally resume/strengthen UN sanctions in a very abbreviated time frame.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

    Repeal and Replace Trump.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    A few benchmark metrics which I feel are crucial:

    • Fissile material: no fissile material enriched beyond 5%. At 5% you are roughly 2/3 of the way to weapon-grade 90%.


    • Centrifuges: 5,000 (depending on model) per every declared nuclear generating plant. Although it is a bit counter-intuitive, you need more centrifuges to supply fuel for a nuclear reactor than you do to enrich uranium from 5% to 90%. This is due to the large material disparity necessary for the two different tasks.


    • Breakout time: 18 month minimum.


    • Spent fuel: Re-processed in a third country.


    • Transparency: Full disclosure of all nuclear-related documents/data/materials regardless of origin (state/military/corporate). Video monitoring. Sampling. Full IAEA access to all requested facilities and snap inspections.


    • Sanctions: An incremental withdrawal formula based on IAEA compliance reports. The ability to totally resume/strengthen UN sanctions in a very abbreviated time frame.

    Mornin Simplexity. So far BO has agreed to 6k on the Centrifuges.



    So the rumors last month were true: Six thousand centrifuges will continue to spin, which is supposedly a great victory for the U.S. since it would mean — assuming Iran isn’t covertly operating even more centrifuges under the UN’s nose — that Iran would need a solid year to “break out” and refine enough uranium to power a nuclear bomb. Which means Barack Obama would have a year to prepare and execute a U.S. attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities to stop them.

    So Iran gets to keep enriching, maybe gets to keep using its heavily fortified Fordow facility, gets to keep perfecting its ICBMs while all of this is happening, and then is free to get crazy with the nuclear cheez whiz in 15 years — and amid all this, a variety of American and international sanctions would be gradually relaxed. In return for all that, the U.S. gets a handful of magic beans. Pet the Gatestone Institute, even the French — the French! — think Obama’s a sucker who’s unwittingly kickstarting a nuclear panic among the Middle East’s Sunni powers. The same guy who’s spent years talking up “nuclear zero” may end up leaving a legacy of Islamic states arming themselves to the teeth with civilization-destroying bombs:

    [French Foreign Minister Laurent] Fabius himself, in a meeting last week, made extremely clear his deep distrust (“contempt, really,” one MP says) of both John Kerry and Barack Obama. Another of the group quotes Fabius as saying: “The United States was really ready to sign just about anything with the Iranians,” before explaining that he himself had sent out, mid-February, a number of French ‘counter-proposals’ to the State Department and White House, in order to prevent an agreement too imbalanced in favor of Iran…..snip~

    AP confirms: U.S. nuke deal to allow Iran 6,000 centrifuges for continued uranium enrichment « Hot Air

  8. #18
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,190

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    Iran currently has slightly over 20,000 centrifuges (Natanz-16,428/Fordow-2,710/Pilot-1,034). Of these 20,172 centrifuges, 11,440 were under vacuum on 2/20/2014 (the last reliable IAEA accounting). One needs ~5,000 centrifuges per working power-generating reactor per year.

    Theoretically, 6,000 operating centrifuges would be enough to satisfy Natanz and the pilot plant.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

    Repeal and Replace Trump.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Iran currently has slightly over 20,000 centrifuges (Natanz-16,428/Fordow-2,710/Pilot-1,034). Of these 20,172 centrifuges, 11,440 were under vacuum on 2/20/2014 (the last reliable IAEA accounting). One needs ~5,000 centrifuges per working power-generating reactor per year.

    Theoretically, 6,000 operating centrifuges would be enough to satisfy Natanz and the pilot plant.

    Yeah the one inside a bunker underground.....and again, there is no discussion over their Ballistics.

  10. #20
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,190

    Re: Foreign ministers arrive amid crucial weekend for Iran nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah the one inside a bunker underground.....and again, there is no discussion over their Ballistics.
    So far, nothing that I have read about the Obama deal addresses the IAEA demand for Iranian information about PMDs (Possible Military Dimensions).

    This is indeed troubling.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

    Repeal and Replace Trump.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •