Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

  1. #11
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    Good. The reason the police got involved was because a resident was apparently scared of skinny black guys walking (even tho he is Indian).. ." Alabama city of Madison when a resident called 911 and reported that “a skinny black guy” was “just kind of wandering around.” “I’d like somebody to talk to him,” the caller said, according to a recording of the 911 call." http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/us...ndian-man.html

    From the video its clear to me, this is nothing but police brutality.


  2. #12
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man


    Facing some serious charges.
    Thoughts are?
    If he did something wrong, he needs to be punished accordingly. This one for example could have been solved if there had been a service that the police officer could have called to use as a telephonic translator so that he could have asked the man the relevant questions and not needed to use force against a person who must have clearly not understood a word he said.

    But on the other hand, people who do not know the lingo of a country that they are visiting for an extended period of time should at least learn some rudimentary phrases like "I don't speak English, I am from India and I live at this address". Then the officer could have realized that it was not unwillingness but fear and lack of understanding that was the reason the man did not do what the officer wanted him to do.

    That this lead to tensions between the US and India should not be taken into consideration. The officer did something wrong or he did not, politics and other issues should not come into this. This is a legal issue and nothing more.

    But from what I have seen so far from the video tape so far there was no obvious reason to see (with 2 men guarding a puny elderly old man) for that officer to slam the man to the ground in such a brutal and possibly dangerous manner.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  3. #13
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    My primary thought is that bad cops get busted pretty regularly but those that hate cops will look at this as confirmation that all cops are bad instead of that the system generally works.
    Nobody thinks all cops are bad. But not all bad cops have been purged from all departments, and not all departments do the necessary work to prevent hiring them. So vigilance needs to be perennial.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #14
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    If he did something wrong, he needs to be punished accordingly. This one for example could have been solved if there had been a service that the police officer could have called to use as a telephonic translator so that he could have asked the man the relevant questions and not needed to use force against a person who must have clearly not understood a word he said.

    But on the other hand, people who do not know the lingo of a country that they are visiting for an extended period of time should at least learn some rudimentary phrases like "I don't speak English, I am from India and I live at this address". Then the officer could have realized that it was not unwillingness but fear and lack of understanding that was the reason the man did not do what the officer wanted him to do.

    That this lead to tensions between the US and India should not be taken into consideration. The officer did something wrong or he did not, politics and other issues should not come into this. This is a legal issue and nothing more.

    But from what I have seen so far from the video tape so far there was no obvious reason to see (with 2 men guarding a puny elderly old man) for that officer to slam the man to the ground in such a brutal and possibly dangerous manner.
    I have not seen the video yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    I have not seen the video yet.
    https://youtu.be/yNGQXeS_Xfk
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #16
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    For no apparent reason the Officer body slammed him to the ground.
    Kerist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    He was standing there. We can all see that he made no movement whatsoever, and the police confirm in the video that he doesn't speak "a lick of English" so we know he didn't tell the cops to **** off. This is just a pos cop that needed taken out. Good job GJ. Hopefully he's convicted in trial court.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #18
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,044
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    For no apparent reason the Officer body slammed him to the ground.
    Kerist.
    Why do people keep saying it was for no reason? He got slammed to the ground because the officer thought he was Black.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #19
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Alabama Police Officer Indicted in Confrontation With Unarmed Indian Man

    No Apparent Reason is a figure of speech, and in this case a true statement. Fooking police mentality...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •