Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 330

Thread: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

  1. #71
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I don't have a pulse on the Jewish community, but if I were Jewish and I was watching my homeland get thrown under the bus by my party, I would be disenfranchised. Just my $0.02.
    Personally I find it absurd for the largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid to claim thats being thrown under the bus by the USA.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #72
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Personally I find it absurd for the largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid to claim thats being thrown under the bus by the USA.
    You believe we should treat all of our allies the way we are currently treating Israel? Do you see there has been a clear shift on our international dealings with Israel in the last few years?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,318

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Personally I find it absurd for the largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid to claim thats being thrown under the bus by the USA.
    Obamas treatment of one of our closest allies in one of the most unstable regions on the Planet has been unprecedented.

    Say what you want about the value of the information disclosed, the point is Obama's decision was motivated by spite.

    Not strategy, not a smart thoughtful decision based on Foreign Policy but pure spite and hatred.

    Its beneath the office he swore an oath to and it tells our allies that their State secrets can and will be disclosed if they anger Obama.

    This is indefensible. This was a childish and petty act and its embarrassing.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Meh..

    You were no doubt neck deep in Bush derangement syndrome when Iraqi's were walking around with purple fingers so I'm not surprised you would say something like that.

    You never acknowledged the fact that Iraqi's WERE voting because it would contradict your Bush obsession.
    Yes, they've voted. You think that's the extent of democracy. By that logic, you believe that Crimea is a thriving democracy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #75
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    That definitely describes Benedict Boehner and the GOP President Bibi.
    The very same Bibi who lyingly tries to take back his two-state etch-a-sketches and anti-Israeli Arab racist remarks.
    And the liar Boehner who denies knowledge of Israeli spying .
    No that's Obama.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #76
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,318

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, they've voted. You think that's the extent of democracy. By that logic, you believe that Crimea is a thriving democracy.
    Youre unnatural and possibly unhealthy obsession with our last President doesn't negate the fact that Iraq citizens, even Women were allowed to vote for the first time in their lives.

    Now, Iraq is a absolute mess as a evil murderous hoard tears into and over takes towns once liberated by American forces.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    So when a country spies on us, has a huge lobby that does nothing but try to get more of our taxpayer money out of us, and then has the nerve to give a big F*** You to our president (regardless of who the president is) despite the fact that he comes here cup in hand wanting our money every chance they get, then I really don't care if they get their feelings hurt when we tell the world what everyone in the world already knew.
    Do you have a clue how the U.S. even knew the Israelis were spying on the Iran talks ???

    Feelings hurt ??? Are you serious ??

    Do you feel the same way about the U.S. secrets disclosed by Wikileaks and Snowden ?? Was Obama's "feelings hurt" when he declared that Snowden would be arrested for revealing U.S. secrets ??

  8. #78
    Educator

    WillyPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Obamas treatment of one of our closest allies in one of the most unstable regions on the Planet has been unprecedented.

    Say what you want about the value of the information disclosed, the point is Obama's decision was motivated by spite.

    Not strategy, not a smart thoughtful decision based on Foreign Policy but pure spite and hatred.

    Its beneath the office he swore an oath to and it tells our allies that their State secrets can and will be disclosed if they anger Obama.

    This is indefensible. This was a childish and petty act and its embarrassing.
    You don't know Obama's motivations. You presume to know.

    If I was Iran, I'd make formally announcing this information part of the negotiations. It helps to rationalize why Iran wants nukes that their main strategic opponent in the region already has them. It acknowledges our role in assisting them to acquire them. It's an open secret.

    It's a minor concession, and an easy one to grant.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,567

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    ...start thinking about America, and American interests. Stop compromising our security and reputation. If you're an American, if you're concerned with your fellows, then quit... on your president, stop practicing treason against your own president and be a patriot, an American, support America...??
    I cut out all the emotional, baseless stuff, since it is useless. As well as the personal attack (see below).
    Well, I had to leave some in there, otherwise there is nothing to respond to. So, let's take this apart now...

    Okay so, out of the blue, you claim I'm not thinking about American interests. Which is funny, because Israel is our ally, Iran is our enemy, and you want Israel to be left on it's own, no protection from us, their ally, and you want Iran to be allowed to go ahead with their nuclear program. Pretty bizarre!

    Oh, I am supporting America, Obama is not.

    Next, even more outrageous, it is somehow treason to question the actions of the president, as he systematically screws up everything from our allies to our enemies. The guy just declassified a report that has been secret for 28 years about many European countries nuclear capabilities, but redacted the information on everyone except Israel. What is going on there? (Try not to avoid this question).

    You seem to be in favor of something similar to North Korea.


    Tone it down with the personal attacks. If you can't make a well reasoned argument and have to resort to these attacks, then maybe it's time to rethink your position.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #80
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,567

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Don't grown ups typically pay their own way in life? Perhaps if Bibi wants to be a grown up he could start by not coming here cup in hand all the time wanting more U.S. taxpayer money.
    So, grown ups pay their own way in life, so we should basically cut off all foreign aid? Do you know what a disaster that would be?

    Oh, and your entire premise is wrong, since the entire democrat party is based on grown ups not paying their own way. Wrong on both counts.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •