Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 330

Thread: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

  1. #51
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Give me one good reason for doing this.
    Doing what? Applying the same standard to everyone in the region? Well, gee, I don't know, having some political leverage would be good when we're justifying invasions based on clandestine nuclear weapons programs that turned out to be flops at best. That's just for starters.

    Common ****ing political sense would be another. Do you know what this document proves? It proves that we've been BLUFFING our way into justify sanctions for 28 years. We could have proposed that Israel abide by the same rules it proposes everyone else have. However, we spent 28 years playing hide the ****ing rainbow with Israel's nuclear vagina and now we're CONFIRMED hypocrites. Do you think it makes a difference whether Obama released this or not? It absolutely doesn't. If you think it does, either you don't understand the implications of pretending like Israel doesn't have nuclear weapons or you don't understand the implications of having everyone abide by rules that Israel doesn't have to abide by.

    The fact that you won't show how a single difference between how this came out and other measures says it all. You think if it had come out 3 years from now it would have made a difference? You either don't understand how adults work or you don't understand how politics work. Which is it? If this had come out 10 years ago, it wouldn't have made an ounce of a difference. The fact that we kept it secret for so long while imposing sanctions on countries right and left, THAT is the problem here. Your absurd poor-****ing-Israel narrative doesn't change that. Israel ****ed itself over when it decided to keep this matter secret in the age of leaks, hacking and globalism.

    And of-course I blame Obama. He's the President and this happened under his administration.

    He made the decision to disclose decades old secrets and his decision wasn't based on anything other than spite.

    He's supposed to be a Leader, but this latest decision just shows how superficial and petty of a individual he is.

    It should embrace the hell out of any American and especially his supporters.
    I had to address just how stupid this is. Yes, it happened under Obama, so the **** what? If it had been a leak under the next president do you think it would have put us in a better light after telling people for DECADES that they can't have nuclear power because we say so while Israel cheers on our shoulder? Get a ****ing clue.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-27-15 at 12:29 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #52
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,770

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Tit for tat seems to be okay as long as there is just tit from the GOP Benedict Boehners and their GOP President Bibi.

    Obama proved after this election that 6 years was enough, with the XO on immigration reform.

    This isn't going to get one iota better--he's been ****ed over long enough by the GOP saboteurs and he's showing he won't take it any longer.

    Besides, EVERYONE knew the Israelis had nukes--this was already an old story.

    I'm far more concerned with the far-wrong GOP/far-wrong Israelis sabotaging any peace agreement and arms talks.
    And we all know it's about the GOP siphoning Jewish-American votes from a solid DEM voter group--it's just who they are .
    Physics is Phun

  3. #53
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Tit for tat seems to be okay as long as there is just tit from the GOP Benedict Boehners and their GOP President Bibi.

    Obama proved after this election that 6 years was enough, with the XO on immigration reform.

    This isn't going to get one iota better--he's been ****ed over long enough by the GOP saboteurs and he's showing he won't take it any longer.

    Besides, EVERYONE knew the Israelis had nukes--this was already an old story.

    I'm far more concerned with the far-wrong GOP/far-wrong Israelis sabotaging any peace agreement and arms talks.
    And we all know it's about the GOP siphoning Jewish-American votes from a solid DEM voter group--it's just who they are .
    This isn't about Obama. This is actually a bipartisan issue. Hell, if tit for was the problem, I wouldn't be making an effort to respond to Fenton's whining about poor Israel. This is about the fact that this document is irrefutable evidence that we've been bluffing for 20+ years. We literally had NO LEGS to stand on when it came to telling other countries what to do or we'd bring sanctions against them at the UN. That we took this ****ing risk for 28 years should be enough to bring cases against EVERY ****ing president INCLUDING Obama. How could the US government have been so ****ing stupid for 30 years?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #54
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,244

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Doing what? Applying the same standard to everyone in the region? Well, gee, I don't know, having some political leverage would be good when we're justifying invasions based on clandestine nuclear weapons programs that turned out to be flops at best. That's just for starters.

    Common ****ing political sense would be another. Do you know what this document proves? It proves that we've been BLUFFING our way into justify sanctions for 28 years. We could have proposed that Israel abide by the same rules it proposes everyone else have. However, we spent 28 years playing hide the ****ing rainbow with Israel's nuclear vagina and now we're CONFIRMED hypocrites. Do you think it makes a difference whether Obama released this or not? It absolutely doesn't. If you think it does, either you don't understand the implications of pretending like Israel doesn't have nuclear weapons or you don't understand the implications of having everyone abide by rules that Israel doesn't have to abide by.

    The fact that you won't show how a single difference between how this came out and other measures says it all. You think if it had come out 3 years from now it would have made a difference? You either don't understand how adults work or you don't understand how politics work. Which is it? If this had come out 10 years ago, it wouldn't have made an ounce of a difference. The fact that we kept it secret for so long while imposing sanctions on countries right and left, THAT is the problem here. Your absurd poor-****ing-Israel narrative doesn't change that. Israel ****ed itself over when it decided to keep this matter secret in the age of leaks, hacking and globalism.



    I had to address just how stupid this is. Yes, it happened under Obama, so the **** what? If it had been a leak under the next president do you think it would have put us in a better light after telling people for DECADES that they can't have nuclear power because we say so while Israel cheers on our shoulder? Get a ****ing clue.
    So I don't understand how " people or politics " work and you want me to pretend this happened 10 years ago ?

    But it didn't happen ten years ago.

    Wow.

    And Obama did this for " leverage " ? Hows that work ?

    You disclose the State secrets of your ally and that gives you " leverage " ? No, that actually undermines the concept of leverage.

    Cats out of the bag now so youve lost all your leverage.

    No this was a decision based purley out of spite and petty emotional outburst and its down right embarrassing.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,528

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Does anyone really think that the rest of the world actually believed that Israel didn't have nuclear weapons because of the lack of official corroboration? I'm sure a lot of people didn't even know it was supposed to be a secret.
    So then, if it's no big deal (LOL), why did Obama decide to release this information now?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #56
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So I don't understand how " people or politics " work and you want me to pretend this happened 10 years ago ?
    No, what I want you to realize is that regardless of when this was released, it's the meaning behind the document that is important.

    - Do you not realize that we've been playing cover for Israel while putting in place arbitrary standards on nuclear power for 20 years?
    - Is it too much for you to realize that whether this document saw the light of day 10 years from now, last week or whenever is irrelevant?
    - Is it too much for you to understand that we literally have been playing defence for a country that never once thought: Well, geee, I wonder how it would make the US look if this information ever saw the light of day?
    -That's who you want to call OUR greatest ally in the region?

    Your purposeful obtuseness is ****ing classic though. Who would have thought that Israel's knight in shinning armor would not comprehend what was at risk by Israel deciding to ignore the very measures we make every other country jump hoops for.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #57
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,770

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This isn't about Obama. This is actually a bipartisan issue. Hell, if tit for was the problem, I wouldn't be making an effort to respond to Fenton's whining about poor Israel. This is about the fact that this document is irrefutable evidence that we've been bluffing for 20+ years. We literally had NO LEGS to stand on when it came to telling other countries what to do or we'd bring sanctions against them at the UN. That we took this ****ing risk for 28 years should be enough to bring cases against EVERY ****ing president INCLUDING Obama. How could the US government have been so ****ing stupid for 30 years?
    And just how do you think this GOP crowd would have responded if Obama had done as you wish right away in 2009?

    No, administrative overlap prevented him from doing so--just as with closing Gitmo.

    I'm tired of putting the USA at risk due to terrorists hating us over covering up Israeli indiscretions--though it's now too late.
    And of course IMHO these indiscretions only get worse when the Likud and their splinter coalition of settlement parties are in power.
    Though all Presidents have supported the 1967 borders and the two-state solution, there's still little pressure, especially with today's GOP.

    Israel spies on the USA during Reagan's time--I'm wondering if that had anything to do with Reagan's illegal dealings with Iran.
    I'm sure you're well-versed on the USS liberty incident--as I'm sure it's been dragged around this forum before I got here.
    Physics is Phun

  8. #58
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,770

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Are you really that nave to think that Obama should continue to take the broken broom handle up his ass from Bibi and the GOPs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    So then, if it's no big deal (LOL), why did Obama decide to release this information now?
    Why did Bibi disown the two-state solution right before the election, which Arabs never trusted him on, and then lamely try to walk it back--Obama's not biting.
    Why did Bibi play the racist card against Israeli Arabs just before the election and then apologize just after, due to blowback from American Jews?

    And we know why Benedict Boehner did what he did with Bibi--to undercut Obama--to sabotage the nuke talks.
    To make a play for American Jews in the 2016 election .
    Physics is Phun

  9. #59
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yep, Iraq went from its Citizens being able to participate in a Democratic process for the first time in decades to a Country thats being overrun by murderous Islamo-fascist.

    Obama's political decision to remove all remnants of American militarily assets did contribute to the destruction of the ME.
    Lol. I'm laughing at YOU thinking that the country of Iraq has ever been a democracy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #60
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Wow

    You're so wrapped up in Israeli hate you can't even offer up a intelligent reply.

    Doing this doesn't hurt Bibi, it threatens the Security of ALL ISRAELI citizens, even left wing progressive and Arabs.

    How " Presidential ". Obama basically telling all US allies that their state secrets are safe with him as long as they dont piss him off.
    Netanyahu's twenty five year history of crying wolf on Iranian nuclear capabilities, and your support of this freak places the two of you in the privy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •