Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 330

Thread: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

  1. #221
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Bad comparisons. NATO is an organization. Not a treaty.
    NATO is based on a ****ing treaty. It is enforced THROUGH that treaty. Your splitting of hairs really is absurd.

    NATO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO /ˈneɪtoʊ/; French: Organisation du traité de l'Atlantique Nord; OTAN), also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949. The organization constitutes a system of collective defence whereby its member states agree to mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party. NATO's headquarters are in Brussels, Belgium, one of the 28 member states across North America and Europe, the newest of which, Albania and Croatia, joined in April 2009. An additional 22 countries participate in NATO's Partnership for Peace program, with 15 other countries involved in institutionalized dialogue programmes. The combined military spending of all NATO members constitutes over 70 percent of the global total.[4] Members' defense spending is supposed to amount to 2 percent of GDP.[5]
    NAFTA has to do with North America.
    Yes and the NTP concerns PARTIES who signed it, not non-signatories. So what Iran does with its nuclear program is of no concern to Israel. That this point went so far over your head is incredible.

    No where near Israel and doesn't affect them in the slightest. However the NPT does affect Israel as far as the ME goes. They don't have a right to rule on anything regarding the NPT. But they most certainly do have a right to voice and pressure for enforcement of it in their area.
    As has been stated already, if you don't sign the treaty, you don't get a seat at the table to pressure anyone about anything if you didn't sign the treaty.

    Just as you and I have a right to voice and pressure our representatives on laws.
    You and I get to voice and pressure our representatives on laws BECAUSE WE LIVE IN THE DAMN COUNTRY AND PAY TAXES. Israel is a non-signatory to the treaty and has had no role in its draft or for that matter anything even remotely concerned with upholding it for itself.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-27-15 at 05:08 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #222
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yes you have.

    Making light of this is defending Obama and thats all you've done in this thread.
    Show the post where I've made "light of this" and defended Obama. I can wait.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #223
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The thread has deceptively accused Obama when in fact an investigative journalist sued for FOIA release of this information.
    1: Last I knew not all FOIA requests have to be complied with. Particularly when national security is at stake. And ensuring that our allies are able to trust us is a pretty compelling national security reasoning.

    2: Didn't the Obama admin just recently essentially state that they will no longer comply with the FOIA? And that the court backs them up in this ability? Answer: Yep ~ White House office to delete its FOIA regulations Funny how it decided to adhere to it on this particular subject and yet........
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #224
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    That would be fine if Israeli opposition wasn't against a nuclear Iran period. Pretending that it isn't makes you look detached from reality at this point.
    What are you talking about?

    There is hypocrisy in trying to get it to abide by treaties that you aren't even a member of.
    Not really, there would be hypocrisy if Israel was signed on the NPT and was in violation of it, as it is your argument for hypocrisy is holding no water.

    Your hyperbole is absurd. The entire Arab world has had ample time to blow Israel out of the sky and it hasn't.
    Again, no idea what you're talking about.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What is that about entangling alliances? Yeah, after this, I'm starting to believe it's the best course of action. At least with Israel. We avoid looking like hypocrites.
    by giving Iran the bomb?.... well played Obama.. well played

  6. #226
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Show the post where I've made "light of this" and defended Obama. I can wait.
    Blaming this on Israel, saying it was the right thing to do because it wouldn't make us look like hypocrites to start.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    What are you talking about?
    We both know that Israel's opposition is to an Iran nuclear program period. Not just Iran having nuclear weapons.

    Not really, there would be hypocrisy if Israel was signed on the NPT and was in violation of it, as it is your argument for hypocrisy is holding no water.
    It's like trying to tell people to be law abiding citizens when you're siting in prison. It's hypocritical at best.

    Again, no idea what you're talking about.
    What I'm talking about is that it's getting clearer and clearer that Israel's constant cries of "they want wants to kill us!" is just a cop-out for doing whatever the hell it wants. It got the US to play cover for its nuclear program for 28 years while it avoided having to answer the same questions it asked everyone else answer.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #228
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Blaming this on Israel, saying it was the right thing to do because it wouldn't make us look like hypocrites to start.
    Lmao, you can't show the ****ing post can you? Good. Show where I defended Obama. I can wait. Hell, I even argued that a cases SHOULD be brought against Obama over this. How much of a ****ing defence is that? You're desperate.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #229
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You and I get to voice and pressure our representatives on laws BECAUSE WE LIVE IN THE DAMN COUNTRY AND PAY TAXES. Israel is a non-signatory to the party and has had no role in its draft or for that matter anything even remotely concerned with upholding it for itself.
    Do you live in Idaho? Chances are the answer is nope (and if you do then choose another state which you don't live in). Yet you have the right to mail a letter or email one of our Reps and try to pressure them about law in MY state. And you don't pay taxes in MY state. I don't begrudge you that. Why do you begrudge Israel the right to put pressure to enforce a treaty in an area that quite literally hates them and indeed has had one country openly voice its agenda of wanting to wipe Israel off the map? Or do you really think that countries live in a vacuum and that what countries that are around them can't affect them or won't affect them? Treaties can affect countries that are not signatory to it whether you admit that or not. As such they have a right to put pressure on the appropriate things and in the appropriate times and places. You might not like this fact. But it is a fact none the less. And you can ignore it all that you want. Fact remains that it still happens and will continue to happen. And it also happens in far more areas and with far more countries than Israel. IE: Its a common occurrence.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #230
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,420

    Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Too bad there's this thing called the internet where someone who's so inclined could spend a whole 3 minutes and completely debunk that ridiculous Time article.

    For example, one could use the internet to pull up the 2012 Presidential debate between Obama and Romney where Obama pledged that there would be no SOFA or troops left at all in Iraq.
    This alone demonstrates how ignorant you are of this issue. The SOFA negotiations occurred to 2 years before the 2012 election. We no longer had any forces in Iraq in 2012.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •