Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 97

Thread: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    10-11-15 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    282

    Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Florida police said Wednesday that a 13-year-old boy shot and killed his 6-year-old brother and wounded his 16-year-old brother before turning the gun on himself after a heated argument over food.
    Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food | Fox News

    Are we going to do something about it? Kids are dying one by one and absolutely nothing is being done. In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides. 73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.

    Probably gun control is not a bad idea if you think? Obviously this incident could be avoided with no guns being present in the household. Nobody wants to deprive you from the right to bear arms, all we have to do is comply with stricter legislation. When grown up people die it is sad but when innocent kids suffer it becomes unbearable.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Right here in Palm Bay a mother killed her three children by manual strangulation. Just the other day.
    I guess we need to ban hands.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    10-11-15 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    282

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Right here in Palm Bay a mother killed her three children by manual strangulation. Just the other day.
    I guess we need to ban hands.
    You are mixing hot and green.
    For a 13-year-old kid it is much harder to kill his 6-year-old brother unintentionally with a stick than with a gun. Grown up madmen can be easily found in any society and they have nothing to do with gun control. It is just that mortality rate is higher when guns are flowing freely.
    What are you so afraid of anyway? If you have a gun already you have nothing to worry about. If not, why are you advocating guns without being a gun user?

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food | Fox News

    Are we going to do something about it? Kids are dying one by one and absolutely nothing is being done. In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides. 73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.

    Probably gun control is not a bad idea if you think? Obviously this incident could be avoided with no guns being present in the household. Nobody wants to deprive you from the right to bear arms, all we have to do is comply with stricter legislation. When grown up people die it is sad but when innocent kids suffer it becomes unbearable.


    So how exactly would gun control have prevented this? You say 'nobody wants to deprive you of the right to bear arms' then you say "if there had been no guns in that household".... these are two contradictory statements.

    Most of those deaths you cite are suicides btw.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    You are mixing hot and green.
    For a 13-year-old kid it is much harder to kill his 6-year-old brother unintentionally with a stick than with a gun. Grown up madmen can be easily found in any society and they have nothing to do with gun control. It is just that mortality rate is higher when guns are flowing freely.
    What are you so afraid of anyway? If you have a gun already you have nothing to worry about. If not, why are you advocating guns without being a gun user?
    Because there are plenty of people lined up to work hard to take our guns. That is what I worry about.

  6. #6
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food | Fox News

    Are we going to do something about it? Kids are dying one by one and absolutely nothing is being done. In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides. 73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.

    Probably gun control is not a bad idea if you think? Obviously this incident could be avoided with no guns being present in the household. Nobody wants to deprive you from the right to bear arms, all we have to do is comply with stricter legislation. When grown up people die it is sad but when innocent kids suffer it becomes unbearable.
    So what would gun control have done to stop this? According to the article, nobody even knows whose gun it was.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    10-11-15 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    282

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So what would gun control have done to stop this? According to the article, nobody even knows whose gun it was.
    At least there would be no anonymous guns around 13-year-old kids. Could anyone tell me what's so bad about stricter gun legislation? Those who want to obtain guns will be able to do so anyways. Those who need no gun - and therefore know nothings about safety and proper storage - will face some hurdles that will stop them from obtaining one.

  8. #8
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    At least there would be no anonymous guns around 13-year-old kids. Could anyone tell me what's so bad about stricter gun legislation? Those who want to obtain guns will be able to do so anyways. Those who need no gun - and therefore know nothings about safety and proper storage - will face some hurdles that will stop them from obtaining one.
    You don't know whose gun it was. You don't know how the kid accessed it. There was no mother in trailer with them. No mention of a father or other adult. They were arguing "over food", whatever the hell that means. And you think this is a good segue into a gun legislation debate.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #9
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    So how exactly would gun control have prevented this? You say 'nobody wants to deprive you of the right to bear arms' then you say "if there had been no guns in that household".... these are two contradictory statements.

    Most of those deaths you cite are suicides btw.
    I don't agree that gun control would have prevented this. However, there is something to be said about a culture where guns and violence are glamorized and defined as the go-to source for problem solving. I fully understand that guns aren't to blame for this. Hell, that's my personal evolution on the subject. However, I refuse to accept that these incidents happen in a vacuum. I don't think anyone or any belief regarding guns is to blame, but I do think there exists a culture where guns are being constantly showcased as the solution to every problem and that should definitely be addressed. Whether it's done by the government or individuals, is irrelevant to me but a national discussion should be held on the matter. I repeat: That's entirely independent from the notion that guns should be banned.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #10
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Seems to me there are a higher than average number of crazies in Florida.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •