Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 97

Thread: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    You should stop editing your posts. They keep going from already very bad to worse and really getting weighted down by strawmen.
    Do you believe children should be allowed to play with guns or not? Should parents be punished for allowing it?

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Take away the firearm and suicide still occurs.
    You missed the point of course. It was that suicide rates go up when you have a gun available.

  3. #53
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Do you believe children should be allowed to play with guns or not? Should parents be punished for allowing it?
    Yes and No but that did not happen in this OP. We don't even know where the gun came from.

    There is nothing wrong with kids and guns under adult supervision. Why should parents be punished for allowing it - that's just dumb. But again that has nothing to do with this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Yes and No but that did not happen in this OP. We don't even know where the gun came from.

    There is nothing wrong with kids and guns under adult supervision. Why should parents be punished for allowing it - that's just dumb. But again that has nothing to do with this thread.
    What do you think the odds are that it came from a family member? Does it even matter to you anyway? I think not. You will say the minor broke the law by stealing the gun and the parents are blameless or were "punished enough". Blamelessness is part of the 2nd amendment I guess.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 03-26-15 at 05:05 PM.

  5. #55
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You missed the point of course. It was that suicide rates go up when you have a gun available.
    No it's not. suicide with a gun goes up. Suicide still will happen if you take away the tool used it's replaced by pills, hanging, all forms of asphyxiation, jumping, etc.

    Gun crime will still happen if you only focus on the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  6. #56
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What do you think the odds are that it came from a family member? Does it even matter to you anyway? I think not. You will say the minor broke the law by stealing the gun and the parents are blameless.
    Are you accusing me of having no value of life? Watch it.

    It is clear you do not want a honest debate about the thread so good bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  7. #57
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What do you think the odds are that it came from a family member? Does it even matter to you anyway? I think not. You will say the minor broke the law by stealing the gun and the parents are blameless or were "punished enough". Blamelessness is part of the 2nd amendment I guess.
    The odds are very high that the gun belonged to a family member.

    That still has nothing to do with gun legislation unless said family member should not have been in possession of a legal gun in the first place.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #58
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Does it even matter? Even if it was the parents gun there would be no charges because they have "suffered enough". That is what needs to be changed. Consequences for improper gun ownership needs to be law. The most common "use" for home weapons is to kill or injure the owner or his family and that is a travesty.
    Does it matter that gun control wouldn't have stopped this? Yes, it does. In order to remove a Constitutional right you have to have a reason.

    Your evidence that the gun owner won't be charged is....what? Your evidence that this kid didn't steal the gun from his next door neighbor's trailer is....what? Do you even know if this is a legal gun? Kids are shooting each other in Chicago pretty much on a daily basis. What makes this story interesting, and not those?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Does it matter that gun control wouldn't have stopped this? Yes, it does. In order to remove a Constitutional right you have to have a reason.

    Your evidence that the gun owner won't be charged is....what? Your evidence that this kid didn't steal the gun from his next door neighbor's trailer is....what? Do you even know if this is a legal gun? Kids are shooting each other in Chicago pretty much on a daily basis. What makes this story interesting, and not those?
    I am not talking about gun control only gun safety and enforcement of it. I think many are far too blase about their guns especially if minors are in the household. I beleive it is possible to have a gun and NOT let it get into a minors hand without your supervision. I think that the way to do that is to punish those that fail that test. That is how we enforce other offenses that cause injury to others.

  10. #60
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,244

    Re: Florida teen kills brother, wounds another after argument over food

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Well, when one argument fails, then you move on to another one. I just showed multibillion dollar franchise with real weapons, which contradicts your "fake weapon" nonsense and your best answer is that some games are cartoonish in their gun violence. Well, I'm sure that somehow... what? Addresses the notion that real guns are still being glamorized?
    Well. You mentioned Goldeneye and royalties. Goldeneye didn't have a single REAL named gun it. Who paid the royalties there? To who? You also didn't provide any evidence.

    Additionally...

    Great strawman. Does it work in the gun forum?
    You stated they were aimed at young people. Is young under 18? Because the games you are mentioning are rates M. Are you one of those people who assumes video games are for children? And then goes out and buys your kid all the video games without bothering to check the label?

    You can complain about glorification of violence, but straight up bad parents should be your real concern. I was 13 and played games like golden eye. I knew where the key to the gun cabinet was too. Guess what never happened? It isn't a strawman. You are blaming video games and guns instead of the real issue.



    The irony is just so delicious. I don't think I can take another bite. I wonder if it tastes as good a second time around?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •