Page 75 of 320 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #741
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,177

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Then you're ignoring the cases of the photographer who declined to photograph a homosexual wedding and the bakers who declined to provide cakes for homosexual weddings.
    nope im full aware of both those case and the FACTS and REALITY of them. Not the dishonest conspiracy theory versions, the facts of them. in fact both those cases support my statements. SO again in fact I dont know one christian in real life affected NEGATIVELY by equal rights and nondiscrimination laws, they protect us. Based on Christianity ZERO Christians are affected.
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #742
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,424

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The catch is that if I disagree with your opinion or you with mine, then I'm a bigot and so are you.

    Bigot: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
    Actually....no you are wrong. You can hold a different opinion without being a "Bigot". I disagree with a lot of people's opinions who are not bigots. However, when you choose to dislike a group of individuals based on irrational beliefs....THAT makes you a bigot. The belief that others are not entitled to the same things that you are because you deem them below you, unworthy of those rights or plain and simply "icky".....THAT is what makes you you a bigot. Understand?
    Last edited by disneydude; 03-27-15 at 03:09 PM.

  3. #743
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,177

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    There's really no need to bother since you've provided no proof or argument for your claims. You're blowing smoke.
    translation: you are dodging the request, thats what i thought. i again i accept your concession.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #744
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,177

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, you have answered nothing. All you have done is reference the law and pretend as if that is telling me the rights it protects.
    still dodging and posting lies i see. very telling you only quoted part of my post LMAO. You make it so easy
    facts win aagain
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #745
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,424

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    If you're intolerant to people with whom you disagree, you're intolerant period.

    Not necessarily. Again you are engaging in circular reasoning. Your argument is that in order to be "tolerant" you have to be willing to be tolerant of people who are intolerant.

    That is just a silly proposition. In many cases tolerance requires speaking out against those who reach intolerance.

  6. #746
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,177

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Not sure that I'd put discrimination, such as this instance, on the same level as rape.
    it doesnt matter what level it is or you think it is.
    the analogy was based on broken laws and infringed rights and when they are taken care of. SO the answer to your question is still the same. lawyers and courts got involved because laws were broken and rights were infringed on
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #747
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,915

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Actually....no you are wrong. You can hold a different opinion without being a "Bigot". I disagree with a lot of people's opinion who are not bigots. However, when you choose to dislike a group of individuals based on irrational beliefs....THAT makes you a bigot. The belief that others are not entitled to the same things that you are because you deem them below you, unworthy of those rights or plain and simply "icky".....THAT is what you you a bigot. Understand?
    Bigot...redefined

    Marriage...redefined

    What's next?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #748
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    07-17-17 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,807

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post

    FACTS
    there are no laws forcing or compelling anybody to do business with gays or genders, races, sexual orientations, religions etc
    Yes there are, you are profoundly wrong.


    there is no right to service
    As a gay man living in a state that protects your right to service by the public, you do, well, in fact, have a right to it.


    there is no force to accept gays or genders, races, sexual orientations, religions etc
    Force as in SWAT teams raiding establishments. Probably not, but force comes in many different ways, some of which include punitive fines, and legal fees.

    there is no force to serve gays or genders, races, sexual orientations, religions etc
    A bit redundant, see above.

    there is no force to say yes
    No force to say yes I will serve you, but if you say no I won't serve you, you will be legally compelled, if you insist, you will be tried and if found guilty, you will be fined. If you persist, you will be fined even more to a point where you will not be able to continue business. But you know all this, don't you? I mean how could you not know this, it has only been pointed out to you about 15 million times already.


    religious rights are not infringed

    Round and round we go, eh?


    right to associate is not infringed
    And around, and around..


    right to a contract is not Infringed
    Not following? What does a contract have to do with anything?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #749
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,424

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Bigot...redefined

    Marriage...redefined

    What's next?
    LOL....do you REALLY think what you wrote has ever been the definition of "Bigotry"? If so...I suggest a English course may be in order.

    As for marriage...which of the vast definitions throughout the course of history are you referring to?

  10. #750
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,875

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    If it weren't toss about so much, it might still have practical meaning.
    That the term might be used when it's not appropriate doesn't change the "practical meaning." It's only recently that we've pretended that it can apply to both MLK, Jr. and Robert Byrd in his Klan days. When we pretend it does describe both men, we've just decided the word has no practical meaning and might as well be struck from everyday usage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •