Page 72 of 320 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #711
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,614

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    This was probably forgotten in the war on religion by the LGBQT community.

    Houston, Texas, where Mayor Annise Parker recently made - then retracted - an unprecedented move in the name of LGBTQ “rights” by subpoenaing local pastors’ sermons, notes and text messages in order to allegedly stifle and violate their religious liberty and free-speech rights.

    Houston backs off church sermon subpoenas in transgender 'bathroom bill' fight - Washington Times
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #712
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) weird im a christian (along with the majority of this country) and it doesnt force me out of business at all, in fact it doesnt do anything to me, it PROTECTS me as a chrisitain. so that lie you just made up fails the test of facts and relaity
    2.) well since you made up number 1, 2 also fails.
    facts win again
    Your argument fails because you ignored what I actually said, that it affected Christians MOSTLY. So the facts do win

  3. #713
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,954
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) LMAO im starting to think you just arent interested in facts and are playing games. It was not the refusal of service that is the issue. THis isnt rocket science.
    just like in case of rape. Its not the sex that is the issue
    2.) wrong again as your link, law and rights prove
    3.) OH OHWE ARE MAKING PROGRESS . . . what was that part you said again???? i hilighted it for you

    discrimination . . . ahhhhh

    now was it legal discrimination or illegal discrimination?
    There's such a thing as legal discrimination? Didn't think that was possible.

    So in essence the entire thing boils down to 'I'm sorry but we don't offer same-sex wedding cakes' vs. 'we won't serve you because we believe same sex couples are a sin'.

    Somewhere along the line, someone posted that probably the most effective measure in combating this is opening your own bakery, or frequent another one. This seems to bear out in that:
    Sweet Cakes closed its doors in Dec. 2013, in the midst of the public backlash from the investigation. The owner of the bakery said she would keep baking cakes at a home-based bakery.
    Bakery risks large fine for anti-gay discrimination

    So why is it that the courts and lawyers need to be involved anyway? The market seems to have already taken care of it.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  4. #714
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So you oppose the CRA and would like to see it repealed? At least Title II?
    A large part of it, yes. It would go a long way simply to define public accommodations as government facilities, like parks, restrooms, etc.

  5. #715
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Religion is a choice, and generally a bad choice. It's protected bigotry.
    How ironic

  6. #716
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,943

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Your argument fails because you ignored what I actually said, that it affected Christians MOSTLY. So the facts do win
    but thats to a fact at all. in fact I dont know one christian in real life affected NEGATIVELY by equal rights and nondiscrimination laws, they protect us. Based on Christianity ZERO Christians are affected.
    so yes the facts i sated do win and the stuff you made up is simply false.
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #717
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    09-21-17 @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you got nothing lol
    please let me know when you have anything that supports your claims, thanks
    facts win again
    Translation: I had you pegged the moment I came upon your first posts on this forum. You dance like a Chinese panda and I believe you actually think the things you do, but you've spent literally 35 pages defending some inarticulate opinion on the context of this particular debate. It's been pointed out to you that anti-discrimination laws (Meaning laws that can be broken with non-compliance and punished for non-compliance) in some states include sexual orientation as a protected group, yet you ask for specific language that says those that do discriminate will be punished by law enforcement? It was provided to you several times. Your out (once you realized the error of your dance) was to say that if you want to discriminate, then simply don't go into business, BUT, and this is the really important part, you created that strawman in your mind. No one ever to my knowledge was arguing that individuals could not discriminate. The argument germane to this topic is whether Indiana's new law allowing businesses to discriminate based on religious conviction was correct, or whether it wasn't. Some even argued whether it was legal or could survive a constitutional challenge? Some argued the morality of it. Some argued whether it was good idea at all, and some like me question the long term efficacy of such a law.

    When people have pinned you down to specific questions regarding your initial position, you divert asking them to provide more details, yet, anyone with one iota of honesty and English language reading comprehension understood full well what they were asking. This inability to comprehend what is being asked of you lends itself to credibility questions regarding your self-declared expert opinion on the subject matter.

    I'm not convinced, nor are many that have followed along, but you will say something to the effect that, "Translation: blah blah" Or "I'm factually correct and you are wrong".. Again, blah, blah..

    I wonder what you're like in real life, serious question. Most people type and speak colloquially online, pretty similar to how they talk in real life, but you, I just can't imagine that you actually talk the way you do?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #718
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    can ANYBODY please post this imaginary law for me that forces me to serve gays? (or any person based on gender, race, religion, etc)

    anybody?
    Not in Indiana, not anymore

  9. #719
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,943

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)There's such a thing as legal discrimination? Didn't think that was possible.
    2.) So in essence the entire thing boils down to 'I'm sorry but we don't offer same-sex wedding cakes' vs. 'we won't serve you because we believe same sex couples are a sin'.
    3.)Somewhere along the line, someone posted that probably the most effective measure in combating this is opening your own bakery, or frequent another one. This seems to bear out in that:
    Bakery risks large fine for anti-gay discrimination
    4.)So why is it that the courts and lawyers need to be involved anyway? The market seems to have already taken care of it.
    1.) wow this further explains your confusion. How could you not know this fact? Are you from america, im guessing no now
    2.) no because all else being equal both of those statements are the same based on legality.
    3.) correct, the owners did the right thing, they stopped breaking the law, infringing on peoples rights and they fixed thier stupid choice to be criminals and changed thier business.
    home based, by appointment only, and with a change of business description etc etc etc
    4.) laws were broken and rights were infringed
    if your daughter is raped and you kill her rapist to courts and lawyers get involved? i mean "you took care of it" right?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #720
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,943

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Not in Indiana, not anymore
    there was never one. if you disagree simply quote the law, you wont be able to because it never existed and any attempts will completely fail
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •