Page 71 of 320 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #701
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    01-11-17 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,787

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by freeRadical View Post
    Let's drop the heterosexual part. Let's just stick with white males. It's easy for the security guard to tell if someone is a white male.
    the man in the pic below? White or black?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #702
    #NeverHillary
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,844
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) thats what im asking you!? lol
    what is it, answer the question with facts and it will solve all your misconceptions
    2.) they can refuse service to anybody they want in general
    Apparently not.
    In Jan. 2013, Laurel Bowman said Sweet Cakes refused to sell her and her fiancée a cake for their upcoming wedding.
    Bakery risks large fine for anti-gay discrimination
    Apparently you can refuse to serve anybody in general, just not if they are a same sex couple in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) ahhh now you are making progress, answer that question, what is the basis . . in court . . what will be discussed . . i can assure you it most certainly wont be refusal of service
    4.) no thier ACTUAL complaint is 100% justified, what you think the compliant is is worthless and not true.
    It appears as if their complaint is that they weren't served because of their lesbian marriage, and their claim is being discriminated for that reason. 'Course I may be reading it wrong or USA Today might be reporting it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    5.) nope not saying that either.

    you have the right to swing your fist and move about freely.
    if you decide you want to swing your fist in a space somebody already is and you punch them in the face, do YOU get to complain they infringed on your right to move freely?
    or do they get to complain that you assaulted them and infringed on thier rights by doing so?

    if you find the TRUE, FACTUAL answer to what the complaint, case, breaking the law is about you will answer your own questions.
    It's a global Jihad, stupid. Allowing that poison into the country is only going to increase the damage it inflicts on others.
    Trump: "When You Open Your Heart To Patriotism, There Is No Room For Prejudice"

  3. #703
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,270

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Something like fifteen states have anti-discriminatory laws specifically targeting sexual orientation and gender identity. This bonehead politician who signed this bill is on the wrong side of history.
    Adding sexual orientation to the bases on which state public accommodations may not discriminate tends to increase the friction between those laws and First Amendment protections. Should make for some interesting constitutional challenges to those state laws. Statists already despise the First Amendment almost as much as they do the Second--seeing a couple of those laws struck down on free speech grounds would give them something more to sulk about.
    Last edited by matchlight; 03-27-15 at 01:12 PM.

  4. #704
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,786

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I'm curious how you come to any meaningful difference between discriminating based on race, and especially religion, versus sexual orientation.
    I pretty much agree with these people. Take what you want from this video.

    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #705
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,485

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Right....I disagree the Homosexual plight has anything to do with the civil rights movement. Guess I'm a bigot.

    What of it?
    Then you are simply being selective in your bigotry. People of the mindset that you are espousing are rarely rational in their bigotry in any event.

  6. #706
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,249

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Title II and Title VII need to be repealed along with laws such as the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Civil Rights Act of 1968 and any other relevant federal and state laws. Needless to say this crap is a virus and it will take some doing to get rid of it.
    Ok, I disagree and really wouldn't favor a return to the days of Jim Crow and communities treating minorities as second class citizens, but at least I know where you stand and that I'm glad the vast majority don't hold those views.

  7. #707
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,485

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    There's more than just a bit of irony in these situations. The business owner says that he doesn't agree with a person's choices so he chooses not to do business with that person. That person (the one from the tolerance crowd mind you) responds by saying that he does not agree with the business owner's choices so he is going to use the full force of the law to inflict harm on the business owner.

    Tolerance is certainly a complex (and obviously hypocritical) issue
    Where you are wrong is that "tolerance" does not require one to be "tolerant" of the "intolerant"....understand the circular reasoning there?

  8. #708
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,563

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)Apparently not.
    Bakery risks large fine for anti-gay discrimination
    2.)apparently you can refuse to serve anybody in general, just not if they are a same sex couple in particular.
    3.)It appears as if their complaint is that they weren't served because of their lesbian marriage, and their claim is being discriminated for that reason. 'Course I may be reading it wrong or USA Today might be reporting it wrong.
    1.) LMAO im starting to think you just arent interested in facts and are playing games. It was not the refusal of service that is the issue. THis isnt rocket science.
    just like in case of rape. Its not the sex that is the issue
    2.) wrong again as your link, law and rights prove
    3.) OH OHWE ARE MAKING PROGRESS . . . what was that part you said again???? i hilighted it for you

    discrimination . . . ahhhhh

    now was it legal discrimination or illegal discrimination?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #709
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,485

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I pretty much agree with these people. Take what you want from this video.

    Bigots often involve in grasping for anything and everything that they can to justify their selective bigotry....this example is no different.

  10. #710
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,563

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)sigh. Again, I asked you to give me a right the laws protect. Do you have one?
    2.)What do you think we are talking about?
    3.) You aren't usually this blind and ignorant.
    1.) sigh all you ant it was already done, lying and acting like it wasnt only cause your post to further fail.
    2.) i have no clue what YOU are talking about because you make it all up and none of it is true this is why i have to ask. Bu im very educated on the topic and know exactly what that is.

    so i will ask you AGAIN and i bet you dodge it AGAIN because you know the answer destroys your claims.

    What business, what someone and what laws(banned reasons)

    3.) failed insult arent helping your failed arguments, they just amplify the loss of your reasoning vs facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •