Page 68 of 320 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #671
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,554

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    civil rights act forces me to serve people based on that stuff? explain
    link to what you speak of?
    I thought title ii of the Civil Rights Act
    prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, or national origin in certain places of public accommodation, such as hotels, restaurants, and places of entertainment. The Department of Justice can bring a lawsuit under Title II when there is reason to believe that a person has engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination in violation of Title II. The Department can obtain injunctive, but not monetary, relief in such cases. Individuals can also file suit to enforce their rights under Title II and other federal and state statutes may also provide remedies for discrimination in places of public accommodation.
    I'm not aware that a business can get away with refusing service to a black person because they are black or to a female because they are female.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  2. #672
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,484

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) take your pick, any of the rights that are infringed on or laws broken in the many court cases that deal with this. Civil rights, equal rights etc.
    Give me the name of one of these rights.

    2.) i cant answer until you give me more info, what buisness, what someone and what "banned reasons" do you speak off
    It makes no difference at all. Can a businesses be sued for not servicing someone for a reason that is banned? Yes or no?

  3. #673
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,524

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The store only serves white heterosexual males, so a white heterosexual female would be obviously outside of that group. Duh??
    that doesnt really answer my question.
    what do you tell here.

    are you saying you would say "sorry lady we don't sell to any women in here"?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 03-27-15 at 12:40 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #674
    Student freeRadical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 07:57 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    275

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    [QUOTE=AGENT J;1064467921]
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The store only serves white heterosexual males, so a white heterosexual female would be obviously outside of that group. Duh??[/QUOT]

    that doesnt really answer my question.
    what do you tell here.

    are you saying you would say "sorry lady we don't sell to any women in here"?
    She wouldn't even be allowed in the store.
    "Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place."
    -- Frederic Bastiat

  5. #675
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,484

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    that doesnt really answer my question.
    what do you tell here.

    are you saying you would say "sorry lady we don't sell to any women in here"?
    It doesn't matter what I say. She is a woman and the store doesn't sell to women. She will be removed and refused service like all other women.

  6. #676
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,554

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) false based on legality and definition they are
    2.) see #1
    3.) again see #1 EEO/AA protects all of us
    4.) actually its based on facts, AS MY STSTMENT IS WRITTEN, its 100% true and trying to dishonestly change it to something else is a complete failure and straw man.
    if you disagree simply post the law that says "i must serve gays", you will completely fail and your lie or ignorance of the law will be shown.
    5.) thank you for proving me 100% right, see where you use dthe word IF, that proves me right.
    maybe read the thread before you jump in the middle and totally own your own posts.

    the claim was made that there is force to serve protected groupp, that is 100% false. No law exists.

    what you just posted an example of AFTER the if is a law that makes ILLEGAL DISCRIMINATION a crime . . NOT simply not serving anybody who belongs to a groups/

    so the fact remains i can in fact deny service to anybody i want
    what i can not do is violate peoples rights or break the law
    simply denying service does NOT do that


    6.) i did no that and it was exactly my point, thank you for making it for me. Next time try to understand what is being discussed and you wont repeat the mistake you made. Thanks!
    If I walk into your place of business requesting a transaction with you and you refuse that transaction based on My skin color or gender then you are breaking the law. If investigated you would need to come of with a believable smokescreen of why you refused to conduct business with Me. If a pattern was found, that wouldn't fare none that well in your favor.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  7. #677
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,524

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)Give me the name of one of these rights.

    2.) It makes no difference at all. Can a businesses be sued for not servicing someone for a reason that is banned? Yes or no?
    1.) like i said equal and civil rights and many laws behind that, if thats not specific enough you are **** out of luck LMAO Ill never play your dishonest game you will lose as always. are you claiming those rights dont exists?

    2.) actually it makes a world of difference because the answer is factually can change. I know you dont understand that because you dont understand this topic as you keep proving but the answer can be vastly different.

    its like asking me if you could be arrested for sex, and then i ask you if the sex was consensual, and you say it doesn't matter. sorry but it in fact DOES matter.

    so i will ask you AGAIN, try not to dodge it and post honestly this time: what business, what someone and what "banned reasons" do you speak of
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #678
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,524

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by freeRadical View Post
    She wouldn't even be allowed in the store.
    that doesnt answer the question either. you seem to keep dodging.
    is your grocery story a public access business? im assuming yes since you didnt say otherwise so now the question is when she walks up to your store how is she stopped and what is the reason why?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #679
    Student freeRadical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 07:57 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    275

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    that doesnt answer the question either. you seem to keep dodging.
    is your grocery story a public access business? im assuming yes since you didnt say otherwise so now the question is when she walks up to your store how is she stopped and what is the reason why?
    It's a private business that is open only to heterosexual white males. There will be a security guard at the door. If you're not a heterosexual white male then the security guard will not let you in.
    "Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place."
    -- Frederic Bastiat

  10. #680
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,524

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    I thought title ii of the Civil Rights Act I'm not aware that a business can get away with refusing service to a black person because they are black or to a female because they are female.
    ahhhhhhh and there you go, now you added a VERY important part that is not being discussed
    that would be true the civil rights act does not allow you to ILLEGALLY DISCRIMINATE

    what i asked for is a law that force me to do serve with gays?

    so if im make widgets and a gay guy comes in and wants 5000 widgets by this afternoon, what law FORCES me to serve him because he is gay?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •