Page 65 of 320 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #641
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,090

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    That of course is the goal, to force Christians (mostly) out of the marketplace unless they conform to the homosexual agenda.
    2.) This is what passes for tolerance these days. Conform or be harmed
    1.) weird im a christian (along with the majority of this country) and it doesnt force me out of business at all, in fact it doesnt do anything to me, it PROTECTS me as a chrisitain. so that lie you just made up fails the test of facts and relaity
    2.) well since you made up number 1, 2 also fails.
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #642
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,090

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)Assuming that the contract for services has to be voluntarily entered by both parties, it would seem reasonable that either party could refuse.
    Could be the seller's price is too high for the buyer, or the quality of the cakes not meeting expectations, or the seller doesn't have the capacity to fulfill the obligations of the contract, time, flour, staffing, etc.
    so the answer is yes they have a choice to refuse to serve them, further proving the lies and falsehoods you have been repeating post after post completely false.

    Good job on admitting you were wrong!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #643
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    31,465

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Health Department requirements.
    Really?

    Is there a law about no shirt no shoes no service

    SBL: Commentary on Responses from States
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #644
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,090

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    'We don't offer same sex marriage cakes. It's not a product offering in our product line.' ?
    wedding cakes = wedding cakes. There isnt a distinction between wther they are for interracial couple homosexual couple, bi sexual couple, christian couple etc.
    once again it shows you dont understand this topic
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #645
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,845

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    yeah, but if you call instead of boycott, you will actually be targeting the assholes who did this. if you boycott instead of call, people like me get fired. who are you mad at, me or them?
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the unfairness of boycotts - from what I've read there is no question the business community opposed this BS. But from a practical standpoint, what might work and what might not work, I'm just not convinced that people who heard the objections from your local business community, and voted for it anyway, will give the first damn what the "public" thinks. Pence, for one, gave the Indiana business community the middle finger. I'm just doubtful he'll care until a big employer moves out or crosses them off the list, or visibly funds challengers to those who didn't listen, etc.

  6. #646
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    667

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) no matter your opinions we are all protected groups . . all of us. if you disagree describe a person who is not protected . . .you will fail
    2.) in reality already proved it with examples, if you disagree give me a person i cant refuse service to and ill show you how
    3.) i dont believe the bakers were ever fined BUT if they were the fact you are missing they were NEVER fined for not serving a "protected" group since that is NOT a crime.
    And not all groups or persons are protected or protected equally. Of course all people are of some race or sex, and all (in theory) are protected (privileged) from some level of private discrimination based on their race or sex or national origin (etc.). However many individuals are not protected (privileged) from discrimination on the basis of their membership in other groups (e.g. those under 40, or those who have committed crimes, etc.).

    Moreover, in practice, whites and Asians are often "legally" discriminated against due to equal opportunity and/or affirmative action programs.

    SO obviously you are factually wrong and have been for pages but you simply dont understand the topic enough to know that. fact remains there is ZERO laws forcing service to groups in this case.
    As previously, this is either a disingenuous ploy or outright ignorance. "The fact remains" that there are many laws that compels those who do not wish to serve a group, to do so. In Oregon or Iowa, if you don't wish to serve gays due to their sexual orientation, you will be punished.

    since im honest, objective and topically educated on this subject i would have ZERO fear of refusing you service because i know its not against the law. You are wrong againfact remains i can "refuse service" to anybody i want and there are no laws forcing me to say yes
    More disingenuous tripe. You cannot refuse service to anybody you want if the motivations behind the refusal is banned by law. You cannot refuse to serve 'anyone' if the basis is their race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, etc..

    Being such an expert, I am surprised you don't know that.

  7. #647
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,845

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    There's more than just a bit of irony in these situations. The business owner says that he doesn't agree with a person's choices so he chooses not to do business with that person. That person (the one from the tolerance crowd mind you) responds by saying that he does not agree with the business owner's choices so he is going to use the full force of the law to inflict harm on the business owner.

    Tolerance is certainly a complex (and obviously hypocritical) issue
    So you oppose the CRA and would like to see it repealed? At least Title II?

  8. #648
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Religion is a choice, and generally a bad choice. It's protected bigotry.

  9. #649
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,090

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    The market will sort out whether or not this was a good idea in both directions, so time will tell.

    someone like a baker, or photographer or wedding planner providing a service that feels that they cannot service their God and homosexuals at the same time with enough conviction to actually take a principled stand

    There is no harm done, other than hurt feelings, but hurt feelings is not material harm


    Wake up call to the militant gays among us.

    not everyone will bend to your will, there are people out there with the guts to take stand, and many will join them.

    Don't like these laws? Tough, you made it necessary by your overreaching, militant approach to force everyone to accept you.

    Tim-
    Tim-
    wow thats a nice long waste of a post based on your biased and dishonest opinions and feelings that dont matter. LMAO

    Nobody educated, honest and objective falls for "the gay agenda", "force of acceptance", "market will fix itself" dishonesty mentally retard "rhetoric", it just gets mocked and laughed at for the desperation it is.
    Ill stick with the actually topic and go with facts, reality and rights over your views.

    ANd the fact remains:
    there are no laws forcing or compelling anybody to do business with gays or genders, races, sexual orientations, religions etc
    there is no right to service
    there is no force to accept gays or genders, races, sexual orientations, religions etc
    there is no force to serve gays or genders, races, sexual orientations, religions etc
    there is no force to say yes
    religious rights are not infringed
    right to associate is not infringed
    right to a contract is not infringed
    there is a choice

    you challeneges are 0-lifetime against me and nothing has changed
    sorry that equal rights winning conflicts with your wants and views but the war is basically over, these little desperate bigoted last minute battles will end up HELPING equal rights. They will help just like banning did and its sweet sweet irony. THese things give ANOTHER path to be challenged and destroyed in the courts setting a precedence that will further cement in equal rights for my fellow Americans, the ones you so wish didnt have equal rights. MAKES ME PROUD your side is losing and losing big and I chuckle every time i see the hate, dislike and fear that equal rights causes among those that share you views and I thank god america is righting wrongs and improving itself on this front.
    GOod luck though, keep up the good fight against equal rights! We love the entertainment.

    your post fails and facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #650
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    14,403

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    Moreover, in practice, whites and Asians are often "legally" discriminated against
    Oh noooooooooooooooooooeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss... .the po, po whiiite folk, they be treated oh so baaaaaaad.................
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •