Page 53 of 320 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #521
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,071

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Clearly you oppose the civil rights act then on the grounds it banned discrimination, and you want the various groups protected by employment and housing laws (race, religion, gender, pregnancy status etc) all removed

    Or not?
    In principle, yes.

  2. #522
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,624

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I believe bigotry, like racism, gets tossed around pretty freely on sites like this. In my view, bigotry is simply the irrational hatred of an identifiable group of people for who they are collectively and not their actions or who they are individually. In that regard, claiming as Chromium does that those who wish to exercise freedom of religion in this context are "trash who live in shanty towns" is both bigoted against the religious but also, in a backhanded way, those who live in shanty towns. There are many exceptionally fine people who populate both religion and shanty towns and to call either or both collectively trash is bigotry.
    My definitive feeling is that often the bigots are not the ones being called such.

  3. #523
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,519

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    1.)The gay movement overshot and has made a role-back very likely.
    2.) And I am afraid that as partial as I am to gays and their right to act in any way they feel they want to (just like anybody else) I feel that I cannot support them in their demands
    3.) where they want to rough-ride over the rights of others to conscientiously object.
    4.)The triumphalist, nagging way the movement and some of the crasser members have been doing so is unappetizing and the others should understand, that they will loose out because of this behavior and the fact, that other people have feelings too.
    1A) what is the gay movement? lol
    1B) what was overshot?
    1C.) what will be rolled back?
    2A.) NOBODY has the right to act anyway they want
    2B.) what are thier "demands"?
    3.) I dont know any gays that want that in real life nor do anti-discrimination laws do that, nor does equal rights
    4.) the fact is equal rights are winning and bigotry is losing and people that have hurt feelings by that dont matter. Feelings are meaningless to equal rights, laws and or the constitution.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #524
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,094

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1A) what is the gay movement? lol
    1B) what was overshot?
    1C.) what will be rolled back?
    2A.) NOBODY has the right to act anyway they want
    2B.) what are thier "demands"?
    3.) I dont know any gays that want that in real life nor do anti-discrimination laws do that, nor does equal rights
    4.) the fact is equal rights are winning and bigotry is losing and people that have hurt feelings by that dont matter. Feelings are meaningless to equal rights, laws and or the constitution.
    Is 'role-back' anything like rollback I wonder!?

    Inquiring minds want to know!
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #525
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,624

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1A) what is the gay movement? lol
    1B) what was overshot?
    1C.) what will be rolled back?
    2A.) NOBODY has the right to act anyway they want
    2B.) what are thier "demands"?
    3.) I dont know any gays that want that in real life nor do anti-discrimination laws do that, nor does equal rights
    4.) the fact is equal rights are winning and bigotry is losing and people that have hurt feelings by that dont matter. Feelings are meaningless to equal rights, laws and or the constitution.
    I would have expected that from you. No surprise their. But nota bene: You will be one of those responsible.

  6. #526
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,624

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Is 'role-back' anything like rollback I wonder!?

    Inquiring minds want to know!
    I must admit, that was quite good.

  7. #527
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-15-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,062

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Just saw this thread, a good friend of mine who lives in Fairmount Indiana, has medical insurance and happens to be gay was just refused service this morning at a physicians office. In his own words. ****ing disgusting.
    What's the name of the physician? Shouldn't it be made public? And did the physician tell your friend that he was refusing to treat him because he's gay? Was it a scheduled appointment?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #528
    #NeverHillary
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,687
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) cause and effect, facts and reality mug you. WHat you claim happened and what REALLY happened are two different things. Man you make this easy.
    the baker didnt simply refuse business they broke the law . . . OOOOOPS!!!
    Refusing to serve protected groups = broke the law = a forced 'yes' = not possible / practical to say no
    As I've been saying all along. But you keep denying, saying there's a choice here.
    There's really not. The only choice allowed, the only choice that's acceptable, is 'yes', by the force of the government gun.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thank you for further proving your claims wrong lol
    2.) yes i agree see #1 where you are factually proven wrong . . again lol
    3.) yes i agree see #1
    4.) Yes you can say no, facts already prove that, repeating you lie will never be taken seriously by anybody honest, educated and objective. It will simply be mocked for the lie and dishoensty it is
    5.) weird except i proved it and what proves your claims . . . . . .NOTTA . . NOTHING . . ZILCH . .
    lets go over the facts again

    You can factually say no and that is fine, this fact will never change
    if you disagree give it your best shot, teach me a lesson and please provide ONE shred of proof you cant say no . . one fact that supports you thanks . . you wont be able too

    your post fails and facts win again
    Sure, sure. Kinda getting used to your baseless claim that you are operating on a factual basis. It's little more than opinion and follow the push agenda talking points / narrative.
    Nancy Pelosi said: “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it.” A Doctor called to a radio show & said: "That's the definition of a stool sample"
    It's a global Jihad, stupid. Allowing that poison into the country is only going to increase the damage it inflicts on others.

  9. #529
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,519

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Is 'role-back' anything like rollback I wonder!?

    Inquiring minds want to know!
    LOL i did notice that and laugh

    BUT, but when a person like myself (who is usually muiti-tasking while here) also makes some HORRIFIC typing, spelling and grammar mistakes I wasnt going to poke fun lol
    Last edited by AGENT J; 03-27-15 at 08:06 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #530
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,125

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    i was calling bigots trash, and most of them happen to live in shanty towns. You can stop taking me out of context any time
    Clearly you embrace the idea of fighting fire with fire, or is that out of context?

    Even when you defend yourself, you are bigoted: "In Hancock County there is a town of 21,000 but also the one square mile trailer trash (99% white) collective of "Wilkinson" (pop 449). So your data is heavily skewed" (bolding by me).

    Using Google Maps, this doesn't look like a shanty to me, it looks like a quiet small town. Here is a house on the main street: Google Maps view of Wilkinson IN

    I don't have a problem with your position, I have a serious problem with your methods.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •