Page 51 of 320 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #501
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    intolerance of intolerance, /brokenrecord till it sinks in

    The whole state except for a few cities. The kind of places that are 98% white

    I grew up on the indiana border and i'm well aware how damn right wing and impoverished the rural areas are. Even the mayor of indianapolis said he wants to make sure this new law doesn't reflect on his city, as it's the rural bigotry masked as "religious freedom" that is behind it

    Funny how they do not care about the *freedom* of LGBT, not at all
    Intolerance of intolerance doesn't seem like a logical attitude, but if you can rationalize it for yourself, go for it.

    As I recall, much of Indiana borders rural areas, is your implication that anywhere with too many white people is automatically intolerant? It isn't clear to me that these places are that poor. From some data I searched for, it looks like most of the high poverty areas in Indiana are in cities: Bloomington, Muncie, Lafayette, etc: Indiana Poverty Rate by County.

    Are you rationalizing your own intolerance with stereotypes?

  2. #502
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,080

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Ok, so we're settled, in Indiana, it's ok to discriminate because democracy.
    LOL!!! I was wondering if you would pick up on the fact that this law was passed because it has the support of the public in that state. Good work!

    And again, it's not a matter of it being "OK". Being "OK" is a matter of opinion. No one person gets to deem what is "officially OK". Instead, we have a political and legal system that operates according to certain rules. As it stands today, the law has gained the support it needs to be passed. It probably will be challenged in court, and may be overturned. Or it may withstand such a challenge. I really don't know.

    That's how our system works. So right now in Indiana, it's legal to discriminate.

    As far as whether or not I'm "OK" with any law (and we've talked about more than one here), I'm pretty sure my standards for "OK" are different than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #503
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,080

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    So only your bigotry is OK, got it. Can you identify any "shanty town" areas in Indiana so I can do some more research on this phenomenon?
    Being intolerant of something that is harmful to society (ie bigotry) is not bigotry

    Being intolerant of something that is not harmful to society (ie homsexuality) is bigotry
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #504
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)You support anti-discrimination laws
    2.) so clearly you support forcing your will on business owners.
    3.) Is it wrong of me to ask you why you support anti-discrimination laws?
    1.) of course because i believe in protecting my fellow Americans rights
    2.) false since there is no force. I mean we know you keep claiming this lie but theres never any proof lol
    3.) of course not when we are talking about REAL laws and not the retarded ones you make up in your head, also i answered this in #1
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #505
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    ...and

    there is no rational argument presented to support any of the above.
    I agree you havent posted one rational, honest, logical or factual thing to prove otherwise . . . not one. . .
    if you disagree I directly challenge you right now to do so . . .please do so in your next post
    your claim fails and facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #506
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)The Christian bakers refused, and now are out of business. Reality mugs you again.
    2.)See #1
    3.) See #1
    4.) No, you can't say no. See #1.
    5.)Your facts aren't facts, you just think they are.
    1.) cause and effect, facts and reality mug you. WHat you claim happened and what REALLY happened are two different things. Man you make this easy.
    the baker didnt simply refuse business they broke the law . . . OOOOOPS!!!
    thank you for further proving your claims wrong lol
    2.) yes i agree see #1 where you are factually proven wrong . . again lol
    3.) yes i agree see #1
    4.) Yes you can say no, facts already prove that, repeating you lie will never be taken seriously by anybody honest, educated and objective. It will simply be mocked for the lie and dishoensty it is
    5.) weird except i proved it and what proves your claims . . . . . .NOTTA . . NOTHING . . ZILCH . .
    lets go over the facts again

    You can factually say no and that is fine, this fact will never change
    if you disagree give it your best shot, teach me a lesson and please provide ONE shred of proof you cant say no . . one fact that supports you thanks . . you wont be able too

    your post fails and facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #507
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    The original intent of RFRA was to protect NA religious practices. The 1993 federal bill was introduced by Congressman Chuck Schumer (D-NY), easily passed in both houses of a majority Democratic Congress, and was signed into law by President Clinton. I highly doubt the 1993 legislators and Clinton ever envisioned this legislation as an enabling tool for discrimination and prejudice against the LGBT community.
    i agree 100%

    "original intent" was to protect something even though that didnt need protecting and was already protected . . .
    now new bills are written in a shadow form under the false cloak of that and are even worse with people simply trying to legalize thier bigotry and discrimination. As a christian myself i find it disgusting because anybody honest and educated sees its not about religion. These bills dont benefit me or my country one bit.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #508
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Being intolerant of something that is harmful to society (ie bigotry) is not bigotry

    Being intolerant of something that is not harmful to society (ie homsexuality) is bigotry
    So do you endorse the idea that rather than disagreement, it is OK to refer to people as "trash" who live in "shanty towns"? Sorry, but I think that is just as bad.

  9. #509
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    39,954

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com



    Wow. WTF Indiana????
    You trying to out-religious the bible-belt states?
    Is Indiana becoming Mississippi2.0 or something?

    This is going to be interesting to watch.
    Fascism.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #510
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,961

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Fascism.
    Explain how freedom of association and freedom of trade is fascist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •