Page 319 of 320 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #3181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    When a business signs up for a business license to sell to the public and agrees to abide by the municipal laws that go along with that privilege.

    A conscientious objector who was conscripted didn't sign up for anything - except being born. That conscientious objector *still* must serve the government in some capacity - Their religious belief does not relieve them of mandatory government service.
    You know, the business license exists for taxing purposes, not to establish consent to obey laws.

  2. #3182
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,431

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You know, the business license exists for taxing purposes, not to establish consent to obey laws.
    Whoa. Are ****ing serious?

    A person in business isn't obliged and doesn't consent to obey the laws?

  3. #3183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Whoa. Are ****ing serious?

    A person in business isn't obliged and doesn't consent to obey the laws?
    WTF? That is not what I said.

  4. #3184
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,431

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    WTF? That is not what I said.
    Well, it sure reads that way.

  5. #3185
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    When a business signs up for a business license to sell to the public and agrees to abide by the municipal laws that go along with that privilege.

    A conscientious objector who was conscripted didn't sign up for anything - except being born. That conscientious objector *still* must serve the government in some capacity - Their religious belief does not relieve them of mandatory government service.
    Conscientious objector's previously registered for the draft and subjected themselves to induction

  6. #3186
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,431

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Conscientious objector's previously registered for the draft and subjected themselves to induction
    Historically Not true.

  7. #3187
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Historically Not true.
    That's the way it worked. You registered for the draft, subsequently you might have been drafted

  8. #3188
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,431

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    That's the way it worked. You registered for the draft, subsequently you might have been drafted
    CO's for the most part did not register for the draft.

    Those that did were compelled by the gov't to do so.

    When do you think Selective Service actually began?

    Bonus question: What happened to the CO's in WWI who refused to cooperate in any way with the military?


    Either way, the CO analogy *sucks*

  9. #3189
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    CO's for the most part did not register for the draft.

    Those that did were compelled by the gov't to do so.

    When do you think Selective Service actually began?

    Bonus question: What happened to the CO's in WWI who refused to cooperate in any way with the military?


    Either way, the CO analogy *sucks*
    Conscientious Objector is a status one received after induction. Those that didn't register for the draft were draft dodgers, not conscientious objectors

  10. #3190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,317

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Conscientious Objector is a status one received after induction.
    Those that didn't register for the draft were draft dodgers, not conscientious objectors
    Utah Mormons like Romney had an over-abundance of church exemptions during Vietnam, as you know.
    Leaving a higher percentage of Utah draftees to be from poor white families who didn't go to college.
    It became a public cause in Utah, as you also know .
    You're Welcome .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •