Page 310 of 320 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #3091
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Yeah that last fight for the "rights" of those who didn't want to support mixed race marriages shows how this will end. It is shameful how bigotry is becoming less socially acceptable in our modern society.
    Turns out it' easy to oppress someone and justify it if you don't like their ideology or actions

  2. #3092
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,801

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    So when conservatives and their pundits were saying over and over these past 2 days that these state laws in Indy and Arkansas were the same as the Fed law they were wrong? Or were they lying?

    They look foolish now.
    both wrong and lying

  3. #3093
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,066

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) not my fault you made up a strawman and moved the goal post
    2.) failed insults wont change the fact your claims were destroyed and proven wrong

    hint: being opposed to SSM is not the same as illegal discriminating against a gay couple, they are VERY different
    at no time were we discussing simply being opposed, glad i could help you with that mistake. You're welcome
    facts win again
    First you come on here and oppose what I say. Then you agree completely with the post you originally opposed and act as if you have somehow won the argument. I don't know how to break this to you Charlie, but you aren't 'winning' you are trolling.

  4. #3094
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    01-11-17 @ 10:34 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Turns out it' easy to oppress someone and justify it if you don't like their ideology or actions
    Yep - the oppression of the bigots is somethin' fearful in this nation, what with the internment camps, forced labour and the requirement to wear badges or post signs stating who one hates.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #3095
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,519

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    1.)First you come on here and oppose what I say.
    2.)Then you agree completely with the post you originally opposed and act as if you have somehow won the argument.
    3.) don't know how to break this to you Charlie, but you aren't 'winning' you are trolling.
    1.)"I" didnt oppose anythign, I simply pointed out what you said was factually wrong and that was proven
    2.) post this lie as many times as you want but it will never be true and i have the qoutes to prove it, whatson your side? nothing
    3.) facts, definitions, links and thread history prove otherwise. the claim in your post was completely destroyed and proven wrong. If you disagree simply post one fact that supports those failed claims . . . one, you wont because you cant, you will dodge this request again. with links and facts
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #3096
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,440

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Yeah that last fight for the "rights" of those who didn't want to support mixed race marriages shows how this will end. It is shameful how bigotry is becoming less socially acceptable in our modern society.
    Well, we've been treated to just how that poster feels about that:

    Originally Posted by Blemonds
    The discrimination against blacks was codified in the law. Discrimination against blacks by a private party or business should be perfectly legal just as discrimination against any person should be."

  7. #3097
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,469

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Oh, c'mon. Tell me about all Indiana's civil rights violations, and discriminations cases that are of merit prior to this legislation. It's relevant. You're claiming that this legislation is a license to do something there's no evidence of ever have occurred in any significant manner.
    You don't get it. Because there NEVER WAS a law that allowed it....it absolutely is not relevant. Think about it for two seconds before your fingers start spouting.

  8. #3098
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,469

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    The religious are only asking that their religious liberty be given equal weight in the courts consideration with other civil liberties. This Law doesn't determine outcome, it enables reasonable outcomes for all parties.

    The reason I asked you the questions is because I don't believe you considered the other side. Let me give you an example: In Catholicism one receives grace via sacraments (rituals administered by the church under the authority of Christ). The most commonly thought of sacraments are baptism and communion, however matrimony is also a sacrament. This means that to the Catholic marriage as the church prescribes is an integral item of faith by which a believer receives grace and therefore in part receives salvation. Church doctrine is clear that marriage is between one man and one woman.

    Given the above information, certainly you could understand how some may believe that it would be improper to participate in a marriage (seen as a sacrament in their religious understanding) that does not conform to their standards of a righteous ceremony, while at the same time not feeling discriminatory but using discretion in their own religious life.

    If one were to go to a kosher butcher and ask that they provide ham for an upcoming Easter celebration, certainly they would expect the butcher to decline, no?
    You had a good post going until you got to the last line. Poor analogy that shows that you guys just don't get it. The proper analogy would be going to a Kosher deli and the butcher refusing to sell you certain products in the store because he only sells them to white people or to jews.
    Providing flower or a cake is not "participating in a wedding".

  9. #3099
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,820

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You don't get it. Because there NEVER WAS a law that allowed it....it absolutely is not relevant. Think about it for two seconds before your fingers start spouting.
    Nah. You're just making false outrage a full time job. The law in question did not invalidate other anti-discrimination statutes.
    "I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance." William Faulkner

  10. #3100
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,469

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the answer is simply that it's not a yes/no question, it's actually a slightly complex issue which only touches on that, which is what Pence was trying to get at. But ole George wasn't interested in that - he wanted a sound bite and he wanted one that would help kick off the War on Gays rhetoric for Hilllary 2016.
    No he wasn't. He shuffled around the question worse than I've ever seen anyone dance around a question. He could have easily said what you just said. Instead he kept changing the subject and refusing to even address the issue. If Geroge wanted a "soundbite", Pence is such an absolute idiot....he has given the Democrats more than enough in the last week. So what is he? An idiot or a liar? He's clearly one or the other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •