Page 299 of 320 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #2981
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,256

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    GLADLY! you know i have already dont this in some of these threads right?
    i would never use my own version because that would be mentally retarded, i use the facts and actual defintion thats why your claim failed

    Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Bigot
    : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

    treating them different and not making them a cake based on thier own prejudice and opinions of gay people (a group) who they feel through thier intolerance are not equal to them, not good enough for marriage and lessers so thier rights (or the law) dont matter

    like i said by definition they are bigots and its bigotry

    also notice that the definition of bigotry doesnt mention exemptions. Religion, conscience and feelings dont change the fact its bigotry

    im a chrisitian myself and if i denied service to gays or a service based on it being a gay that i give to others that would in fact make me a bigot
    facts win again
    Me not baking you a cake for your gay wedding is not an example of me treating you with hatred or intolerance. I neither hate you nor am I intolerant of you. I just don't wish to lend my services to an event that my conscience disapproves of. So it isn't bigotry any more than me not baking a cake for a party at planned parenthood would be.

  2. #2982
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 10:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,259

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Me not baking you a cake for your gay wedding is not an example of me treating you with hatred or intolerance. I neither hate you nor am I intolerant of you. I just don't wish to lend my services to an event that my conscience disapproves of. So it isn't bigotry any more than me not baking a cake for a party at planned parenthood would be.

    You are intolerant of gay christians that want to marry.

  3. #2983
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    It wasn't that long ago, the 1990's-the same era that Bill Clinton passed the defense of marriage act. But this merely illustrates the law of unintended consequences-which is one reason power should be diffuse and laws should be minimized.

    Defense of Marriage Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I thought you supposed to be smart and all.

    You don't know that Presidents don't pass laws?

  4. #2984
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,369

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    I thought you supposed to be smart and all.

    You don't know that Presidents don't pass laws?
    He doesn't know much about laws passed anywhere; must less California. He just pretends he does on DP.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #2985
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    I thought you supposed to be smart and all.

    You don't know that Presidents don't pass laws?
    He signed it into law. I dont hear lefties calling him a bigot over it.

  6. #2986
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,257

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    1.)Me not baking you a cake for your gay wedding is not an example of me treating you with hatred or intolerance.
    2.) I neither hate you nor am I intolerant of you.
    3.) I just don't wish to lend my services to an event that my conscience disapproves of.
    4.) So it isn't bigotry any more than me not baking a cake for a party at planned parenthood would be.
    1.) yes it is a definition of intolerance, again by definition
    2.) agaian facts disagree
    3.) yes because your opinions conscience of gays view them as lessers
    4.) again your claim as already been proven false and dishonest

    i guess it wasnt bigotry to not make women bosses simply cause they were women then either, I mean you hire them so you don't hate them nor are you intolerant of them
    conscience does not change bigotry.
    sorry there is nobody honest, educated and objective that will ever take the claim and lie seriously
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #2987
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    And FYI: DOMA was passed by a veto proof majority - which threatened to override, and pushed by the conservatives. So it would have been law no matter what he did.

    He *should not* have signed it - and regrets he did...some saw it as a stop gap measure - as it was in direct response to a Hawaii 1993 ruling in favor of same sex marriage, and other states feared it could happen in their states.

    As it turned out - DOMA actually encouraged more litigation, pushed what *might* have taken SSM proponents a bit longer - to achieve what we have today, 3/4 of the country legally able to marry -- and soon a SCOTUS ruling likely in favor -- for something no one could have imagined would have happened so quick.

    DOMA! - unintended consequently - helped push it along.

    Thanks Unconstitutional D o Ma!

  8. #2988
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    07-26-17 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,435

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Funding is another issue-its legal and I would be amazed to find out that the pro-SSM crowd isn't pouring funding into Indiana.

    However, it was a proposition voted on by voters. Voters who have to be state residents. The prop passed because of the voters, not because of funding.
    Surely you are not so naive as to believe that funding doesn't play a major role in US elections? Prop 8 passed because of a very expensive and deceptive propoganda campaign that was financed almost entirely by Mormons.

  9. #2989
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,256

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You are intolerant of gay christians that want to marry.
    Whats the matter? Run out of emotocons to make your argument for you? You were doing better before you started using actual words. Stick with what seems to be working for you.

  10. #2990
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Surely you are not so naive as to believe that funding doesn't play a major role in US elections? Prop 8 passed because of a very expensive and deceptive propoganda campaign that was financed almost entirely by Mormons.
    Funding and advertisements dont pass laws. Im not denying there is influence, but its not a guarantee. The law was passed by voters, and in fact would not have been passed if not for minority voters (generally democrats) who opposed gay marriage.

    These are facts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •