Page 297 of 320 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #2961
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,354

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    WTF does "was" have anything to do with the current debate?
    Read the thread, and more importantly the post I responded to. It will help you a bit. Wait, the person I responded to already explained how it was relevant.

    I suspect you'd have a problem with someone refusing service to someone who couldn't pay
    Being unable to pay and being of a different skin color are incredibly different. Do I need to explain why?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #2962
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,811

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    Oh yes. I remember when Liberace could play Vegas but was not allowed to stay there. I remember the "Hetrosexuals only" "Fag entrance" and "We don't serve fruits" days. ...

    oh wait, I forgot to take my meds.
    Predictable trashy response.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  3. #2963
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,502

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Dunno, Lets take a road trip through Indiana and see. Would you be surprised if it has? I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't.
    Lets see?


    Next time have some facts instead of creating a straw man monster.

    Slippery slope does not exist, marijuana is not a "gateway" drug and prohibition of anything has never worked. These are facts of life, the opposite is myth spun out of whole cloth.....
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  4. #2964
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    How interesting!


    That's even lamer than the socialists here, who blow elections and at least appear to accept responsibility.

    But as an observer I have to note, that when after the news that millions would lose their plans, and millions more found out it was not affordable, did the right wing say reverse the election?

    The left in the US is weaker than I thought. And of course, there's those unintended consequences again, like Obamacare, like Libya, pulling out of Iraq...we see short term reasoning and no long term thinking. There was a premier in this province, held the reigns of power from 1952 to 1971 named W.A.C. Bennett, who was found of saying "socialists couldn't run a lemonade stand and make a profit if the lemons were free"

    A very wise man as it turns out
    This is why the left seeks to consolidate power centrally, so they can force their agenda on everyone.
    Which is precisely why I am against that.

    Just as troubling, when a law THEY impose does not suit them, then its time to call others names, and claim that the law does not mean what it says, but what they feel it ought to mean.

    There will (and has already been) much hissing and spitting, which just makes the irony all the more delicious.

  5. #2965
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    30,135

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    One of my brothers has gone to Indiana Dunes for decades.
    My wife likes to avoid the crowds, so we hit the Dunes further up the Michigan coastline.
    P.J. Hoffmaster State Park was an awesome vacation.

    Folks in Indiana have always treated us great--so many trips across 80/90 to the Northeast of ME, NH, and VT.
    My other brother has family on multiple sides in Indianapolis.

    Off-topic, California's governor has just called for mandatory water rationing--the most pressing problem I see in the USA.
    And I do have solutions--retired chemistry/physics teachers usually do.
    And we aren't even close to fire season yet.
    My first reaction is to build a desalination plant.
    My long-term solution is an interstate system of water pipelines to closely follow our roadways and railways .

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Arkansas Governor Asks Legislators to Recall Religious Freedom Bill

    Arkansas governor: Bill needs changes before I sign it

    Arkansas passes an even worse RFRA law than Indiana ... even voting on this bill as Indiana is withering under a national ass kicking.

    Lol. What a collection of politically obtuse dumb asses.
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  6. #2966
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,911

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No. The relative sexes of the people involved in the event was the reason for the refusal, their presumed sexuality (many laws actually include presumed sexuality as protected from discrimination too). Just as if the mother of the bride ordered the cake for her daughter's wedding, since her daughter was not in the state but returning to the state for the wedding (the same as I did). Mom is making arrangements and when she goes to pick out the cake, she shows a picture to the person of her daughter and her daughter's husband to be, who is black while the woman and her daughter are white. The baker then tells her he can't provide a cake for her wedding because his religion objects to interracial marriages/relationships (some still do) believing they are sinful. That is still illegal discrimination, despite the fact that it isn't against the actual person buying the cake.
    You are incorrect. The baker didn't refuse to sell a cake to a person BECAUSE they were gay. There is a difference between refusing to serve gays and refusing to sell your services to the furtherance of a gay event. The former is a form of bigotry, the latter a matter of conscience. Liberals just have a very tough time telling the two apart because so few things are a matter of conscience to them

  7. #2967
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Dunno, Lets take a road trip through Indiana and see. Would you be surprised if it has? I would be surprised if it hasn't.
    The law does NOT require businesses to refuse services to gays. Not even bakeries.

  8. #2968
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 07:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,258

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You are incorrect. The baker didn't refuse to sell a cake to a person BECAUSE they were gay. There is a difference between refusing to serve gays and refusing to sell your services to the furtherance of a gay event. The former is a form of bigotry, the latter a matter of conscience. Liberals just have a very tough time telling the two apart because so few things are a matter of conscience to them

  9. #2969
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,502

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The law does NOT require businesses to refuse services to gays. Not even bakeries.
    How many times and different ways can you say the law merely prevents stores from being SUED!

    You want to know what?

    It's kind of the same here. No suit boys and girls and likely NO money....you get to go before a human rights commission and explain how your "Charter Rights" the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, have been infringed or violated. And ladies and gents, NOT attending a wedding is not going to be given the light of day even though the commission is heavily favored toward liberals and socialists.

    But I suspect this takes their collective mind of Obama and the train wreck that is Hillary
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  10. #2970
    Sage

    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,972
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Here is a list of States with Religious Freedom Restoration Acts...

    Religious Freedom Restoration Act perils | Professor Marci A. Hamilton | States


    AZ, FL, IL, LA, SC, TX standard state RFRA
    AL, CT would have deleted or deletes “substantial” from substantial burden
    RI, NM, MO removed “substantial burden” and replaced with restrict
    ID, KS, KY, OK, PA, TN, VA adds to government’s burden: clear and convincing evidence
    MS expands to include suits between private parties
    MS applies to businesses
    MS works against homosexuals or same-sex couples


    Didn't the governor of Connecticut just ban travel to IA? But wait...

    Connecticut gov imposes travel ban over Indiana

    Thay have the same law! LOL!

    Libs, you have a lot of States you can't got to now. You better get this sorted out!
    Style, noise, and feelings over the facts of the matter and pro-left propaganda spread far and wide in over-coverage in the news BLSM.

    Textbook libbo operation!
    It's a global Jihad, stupid. Allowing that poison into the country is only going to increase the damage it inflicts on others.
    Trump: "When You Open Your Heart To Patriotism, There Is No Room For Prejudice"
    Trump to NYT: “Try reporting accurately & fairly!”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •