Page 282 of 320 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #2811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You keep dancing around the discussion and your obvious lack of knowledge, however, it doesn't change anything. You asked what leftists would do, I provided an answer based on the very state you claim to practice and live in (not to mention, the most liberal state in the contiguous United States) as well as the answer given by the poster.

    It seems such issues are settled in other liberal strongholds like New York, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington, Maine, Vermont, Illinois, and Connecticut. The answer is the same as that of California. Surprise. So the answer rogue gave covers the nation as far as liberals and liberal governments go. However, since you didn't know what a leftist place like that of California did on the issue, nobody can't expect you to know what liberals in other states are doing.

    Now, if you want to rant about Obama having a different opinion on gay marriage 3 years ago, and not supporting it 8 years ago, knock yourself out. However, it would serve you well to catch up on the ideas, laws and court cases put at work in leftist strongholds like California. Who knows? You may avoid asking silly questions and it may be relevant to your supposed field of work, doctor.

    lolz, I was clearly asking a lefty out of my state. The left seeks a consolidation of power (statism). That would preclude, but not exclude lefties
    elsewhere. As the always the left appears on the same page, my q is apt.

  2. #2812
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,406

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Which state would that be? Which case exactly?
    We discussed it a while back. You thought the discrimination against the conscientious objector fins and I thought the gay movement position bigotry and a vile shift in the meaning of the Constitution.

  3. #2813
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,834

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    lolz, I was clearly asking a lefty out of my state.
    You spent time arguing that your question (as part of a larger discussion) was about Indiana. Now that I've pointed out that your question said nothing about a specific state, you've moved on to saying it's about a state other than California. Well, alright. I won't bother asking you "Which is it?" because you don't seem to know. More importantly, your question - once again - said nothing about what states were excluded or included. En tout cas, The pattern remains the same in other states with sizeable liberal populations:

    Illinois | Lambda Legal
    Maine | Lambda Legal
    Vermont | Lambda Legal
    New York | Lambda Legal
    Massachusetts | Lambda Legal
    Oregon | Lambda Legal
    Washington | Lambda Legal
    Hawaii | Lambda Legal
    Rhode Island | Lambda Legal
    Delaware | Lambda Legal
    New Jersey | Lambda Legal
    Iowa | Lambda Legal (I included this one because it's voted Democratic in 6 out of the last 7 fed. elections; however, it's not essential to my case)
    Maryland | Lambda Legal
    Minnesota | Lambda Legal
    Colorado | Lambda Legal

    Remember, you asked how liberals would deal with your hypothetical. Not how liberals in Indiana, or anywhere except California would deal with your hypothetical. I answered accordingly. However, those links only cover workplace discrimination. This one covers non-discrimination laws as they relate to public accomodations:

    https://www.aclu.org/maps/non-discri...nformation-map

    Every single once I've mentioned is included. My answer remains true in 14 other examples of liberal states where people can't be discriminated against based on their sexual orientation. Is there any liberal state you'd like to specifically touch on? Texas, maybe?

    The left seeks a consolidation of power (statism). That would preclude, but not exclude lefties
    elsewhere. As the always appears on the same page, my q is apt.
    Is this the part where you rant about the left because I ignored your rant on Obama? Oh okay, cool. It doesn't change the fact that you asked a question that would be easily answered if you knew a bit about laws, views, and cases concerning discrimination in the most liberal state in the contiguous union. Pointing out that it's the same pattern in other liberal states? Now you just look uninformed about what goes on in other states as well as California. However, it's fun to watch you do the shuffle.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 04-01-15 at 05:56 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #2814
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You spent time arguing that your question (as part of a larger discussion) was about Indiana. Now that I've pointed out that your question said nothing about a specific state, you've moved on to saying it's about a state other than California. Well, alright. I won't bother asking you "Which is it?" because you don't seem to know. More importantly, your question - once again - said nothing about what states were excluded or included. En tout cas, The pattern remains the same in other states with sizeable liberal populations:

    Illinois | Lambda Legal
    Maine | Lambda Legal
    Vermont | Lambda Legal
    New York | Lambda Legal
    Massachusetts | Lambda Legal
    Oregon | Lambda Legal
    Washington | Lambda Legal
    Hawaii | Lambda Legal
    Rhode Island | Lambda Legal
    Delaware | Lambda Legal
    New Jersey | Lambda Legal
    Iowa | Lambda Legal (I included this one because it's voted Democratic in 6 out of the last 7 fed. elections; however, it's not essential to my case)
    Maryland | Lambda Legal
    Minnesota | Lambda Legal
    Colorado | Lambda Legal

    Remember, you asked how liberals would deal with your hypothetical. Not how liberals in Indiana, or anywhere except California would deal with your hypothetical. I answered accordingly. However, those links only cover workplace discrimination. This one covers non-discrimination laws as they relate to public accomodations:

    https://www.aclu.org/maps/non-discri...nformation-map

    Every single once I've mentioned is included. My answer remains true in 14 other examples of liberal states where people can't be discriminated against based on their sexual orientation. Is there any liberal state you'd like to specifically touch on? Texas, maybe?



    Is this the part where you rant about the left because I ignored your rant on Obama? Oh okay, cool. It doesn't change the fact that you asked a question that would be easily answered if you knew a bit about laws, views, and cases concerning discrimination in the most liberal state in the contiguous union. Pointing out that it's the same pattern in other liberal states? Now you just look uninformed about what goes on in other states as well as California. However, it's fun to watch you do the shuffle.


    that was the sound of the mic dropping.

  5. #2815
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,039

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    I meant the actor who plays Sheldon, Jim Parsons is gay. Hopefully that clarifies things.
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The actor? They did a movie of the Foundation Trilogy? Wow! Who plays the Mule? What's the name of the series/movie?

    Seldon = Character in Asimov's Foundation series.

    Sheldon = Character in Big Ban Theory whose real life actor is gay.


    >>>>

  6. #2816
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,902

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    "oh, wait a minute. If I move my business to Indiana, my 10 gay employees are going to face State Sanctioned discrimination. Realtors can legally refuse to sell them a house, Apartment owners can refuse to lease to them, restaurants can legally refuse to serve them food. In fact, because I harbor these "gays" my business can legally be discriminated against. Suppliers in Indiana can legally choose to not sell to me. "

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    ....

    NONE of this logic works as this is NOT the priority of companies.

    IN FACT, companies flocked to the South when discrimination against blacks were rampant and essentially legal - and nearly all those companies had black employees. Normal companies are not focused on whether their employees can find a good restaurant or are treated fairly in society. That's not what companies are about.

    Wow. Just wow. You must have worked for some pretty crappy companies.

  7. #2817
    Sic et Non

    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,967

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers


  8. #2818
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    05-18-17 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,347

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Yeah, barely mentioned. It's a long book, and you've cited a handful of passages. But OK, we're not going to change each others' mind on the matter.

    I'll just add that I don't "support" homosexuality. I accept it as a given, something that makes a person who he or she IS, who they love. I don't judge them for who they love any more than I judge you or anyone else. It's just part of who they are.

    One more edit - it can be boiled down to this, really - I made no choice, and did nothing good or bad by BEING a heterosexual. It's just part of who I AM. Similarly, gays had no choice in who they ARE, and that preference about who they love is, identically, neither good nor bad. It's no more good or bad than their brown hair or blue eyes or height of 5'9". To believe otherwise would be to damn them for something they had no part in choosing - same as damning them for being black or short or with big ears. The only other alternative is to expect gays to live a life alone, without intimacy. I can't wish that on anyone because I know how special my relationship with my wife is, and how much that intimate relationship adds to my life. It would be cruel to DEMAND that others with a different orientation live a live alone.
    Acceptance is support. [and it's exactly what they 'claim' to want] But you're right, most are too emotionally involved with the subject to ever change their minds.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #2819
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    05-18-17 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,347

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    wierd... normal people live in Indiana.. whodathunkit?

    that's kinda my point here... this **** is getting blown waaay out of proportion... it's pretty ridiculous.
    "There an election coming!" They need something to rally around.... positive or not.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #2820
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    05-18-17 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,347

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I know I would prefer hell to a heaven that expects people to bow to insane rules. The company would be much better in hell anyway, if that is really how it works (which I highly doubt). Sounds like you're pretty sure you won't be there, so at least there's that.
    I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. He died on the cross for our sins, so that we might be forgiven when we trust in what Christ has done there. When we, by faith, receive the sacrifice He offered, we can then have eternal life and escape the righteous judgment of God the Father.

    You can justify not following the 'rules' any way you want but in the end....
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •