Page 279 of 320 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #2781
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,146

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    How often does that San Francisco company send people to Indiana? This is just nothing. Other companies will gladly pick up their customers in Indiana.
    this **** is out of control already. we can't afford a national outrage here in Indiana. there are too many people already struggling.

    this law was completely unnecessary, and it was a response to gay marriage being made legal. i shouldn't have to waste time swatting off right wingers who want to die on the hill of gay marriage or left wingers who seem to feel like boycotting the entire state will do anything other than hurting the very Hoosiers that they are pretending to want to help.

  2. #2782
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats simply untrue.
    Evidence of this claim. The laws say otherwise.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #2783
    Almost respectable
    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    32,709

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    this **** is out of control already. we can't afford a national outrage here in Indiana. there are too many people already struggling.

    this law was completely unnecessary, and it was a response to gay marriage being made legal. i shouldn't have to waste time swatting off right wingers who want to die on the hill of gay marriage or left wingers who seem to feel like boycotting the entire state will do anything other than hurting the very Hoosiers that they are pretending to want to help.
    Relax. Pence "clarified" the bill to remove the ability to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

  4. #2784
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    And both are based on discrimination based on the intended use of the product, not the person
    Not true. The intended use of a cake is to eat it. So what makes a same sex couple eating a cake "dangerous"?

    The person was the problem, or rather the people. The people made wedding cakes. They made cakes to be used to celebrate a commitment between two people, to celebrate marriages. They disapproved of the people involved in this particular marriage. That means it was the people.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #2785
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,004

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    I'm absolutely amazed at the unforced errors of the GOP since they won the election.
    It's clear to me that the executive order by Obama completely unnerved the GOP--you're astute enough to see this.

    The Coats seat is certainly up for grabs in Indiana now.

    DEMs have two problems in my mind right now, besides the swift-boating of Hillary.
    1. How to sort out all the GOP guffaws since the election.
    2. Beginning early on with their bash ads, just as the Kochs did in the summer of 2013 .

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    That would depend on the political situation in Arkansas. I have been to SW Missouri and NW Arkansas which IIRC is where Walmart is based. They likely hold significant power there, and the state is not consistently Republican or Democrat, so that would be up to him.
    Physics is Phun

  6. #2786
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    this **** is out of control already. we can't afford a national outrage here in Indiana. there are too many people already struggling.

    this law was completely unnecessary, and it was a response to gay marriage being made legal. i shouldn't have to waste time swatting off right wingers who want to die on the hill of gay marriage or left wingers who seem to feel like boycotting the entire state will do anything other than hurting the very Hoosiers that they are pretending to want to help.
    Actually I totally agree with you even if I don't live there. I feel personally that the boycotts of the state, as a whole, are uncalled for. A better thing to do would be to support the businesses that say openly "we serve everyone", that have no discriminatory practices. And boycott the government if you must. Now, I personally have no reason to travel to Indiana, so I won't likely be going there any time soon enough to put these into practice myself. Now, this all being said, I can understand the businesses though that have halted their plans to expand into Indiana due to this law. They seem to be trying to protect their employees, rather than to make a political statement. This type of law could cause issues with their employees who are gay, to the point where they lose talented professionals simply because others aren't treating them fairly within the community.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #2787
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,004

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    The surprising part to me is how many GOP-supporting corporations and businesses WITHIN the state of Indiana are against the law.
    When NASCAR speaks, who's next--Country Music stars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yes, yes i am.... and you're entitled to support idiocy like boycotting an entire state over fear of a bogeyman.
    Btw, I see Bundy is back at it in Nevada .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #2788
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    It's hard to believe, but these Neanderthals actually believe that. No right is more sacred to them than property rights.
    I'm 100% against economic discrimination, yet 100% supportive of property rights....which are 2 reason I can never be a lefty/progressive.

    but to your point about property rights, why would we not all hold property rights as sacred?... we'd most certainly be a third world dump without them.

  9. #2789
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The surprising part to me is how many GOP-supporting corporations and businesses WITHIN the state of Indiana are against the law.
    When NASCAR speaks, who's next--Country Music stars.
    which makes boycotting the entire state extremely childish.... i mean, who the hell boycotts businesses they agree with?... dumb dumb dumb.

    in any event, I think this whole thing is way overblown.... people are acting as if the entire state is going to magically start discriminating against gays, which is bull**** of the highest order.
    fearmongering of the rabid works, though..



    Btw, I see Bundy is back at it in Nevada .
    good on him... .somebody had to get out in front and lead a battle with the feds over lands...I'd much rather have a different character out in front, but i'll take what I can get.

    the feds have been screwing over Nevada for decades and decades, and corrupt officials keep getting rich off that screwing (like the dishonorable Harry Reid)

  10. #2790
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,146

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Actually I totally agree with you even if I don't live there. I feel personally that the boycotts of the state, as a whole, are uncalled for. A better thing to do would be to support the businesses that say openly "we serve everyone", that have no discriminatory practices. And boycott the government if you must. Now, I personally have no reason to travel to Indiana, so I won't likely be going there any time soon enough to put these into practice myself. Now, this all being said, I can understand the businesses though that have halted their plans to expand into Indiana due to this law. They seem to be trying to protect their employees, rather than to make a political statement. This type of law could cause issues with their employees who are gay, to the point where they lose talented professionals simply because others aren't treating them fairly within the community.
    if you travel here, go to the dunes in Chesterton. that is one of my favorite places in the world. as for all of this other bull****, it is mostly just making me tired. i have to fight off idiots on both sides who want to bend this into their go team two party worldview. it's just so ****ing stupid. there are actually a lot of cool things to do here, and pretty things to see.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •