Page 27 of 320 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #261
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,651

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    3) How can you make that claim? There most certainly is force to do business with protected classes.
    You certainly are NOT allowed to decline to do business with them. So in essence you are forced to do business with them because you can't say 'no'.
    Wrong.

    People are free to start their businesses as membership clubs. Then they are free to discriminate. No one is forced to run their business as a public accomodation, but if they choose to do so, they have to actually serve the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #262
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,457

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    They shove their lifestyle in the faces of too many Americans and it's coming back to bite their butts. When they were simply an oddity that you knew existed but, it didn't affect your day-to-day then no one hardly noticed or cared. You come out and demand everyone accept you or get sued or thrown in jail and people take offence.
    Very true.

    Its a tiny minority thats bullying their way into relevance by throwing around thoughtless charges of " Hate " and " Bigotry " .

    Problem is, they're still a tiny minority and their strategy is marginalizing them even more.

  3. #263
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,179
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) because i use something called facts
    2.) no there is factually ZERO force to do business with anybody . . . zero . . . are you claiming that you must do business with EVERYBODY then because everybody is protected . . everybody
    sorry you are wrong but i see where your mistake is, hopefully you see it too
    3.) also false, you most certainly are allowed to decline business with anyone
    4.) in essence you have been proven factually wrong.
    If you can't say 'no', it's not being forced to say 'yes'. And I'm factually wrong on this point.
    Certainly a unique version of reality you have there.

    If you can't say 'no', then you have no choice but to say 'yes', and that would be the same as being forced to say 'yes', and the choice to say 'no' has been taken away from you.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  4. #264
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Wrong.

    People are free to start their businesses as membership clubs. Then they are free to discriminate. No one is forced to run their business as a public accomodation, but if they choose to do so, they have to actually serve the public.

    For profit "membership clubs" are typically not except from Public Accommodation laws. To be exempt they have to be: Not-for-Profit, have bylaws and criteria, have a restrictive membership relative to the statement membership, and be governed by an elected board of the members.


    Nobody would think that Costco, Sam's Club, and BJ's Warehouse would be exempt from Pubic Accommodation laws even though people pay a membership fee to join.


    >>>>

  5. #265
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,256

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    They shove their lifestyle in the faces of too many Americans and it's coming back to bite their butts. When they were simply an oddity that you knew existed but, it didn't affect your day-to-day then no one hardly noticed or cared. You come out and demand everyone accept you or get sued or thrown in jail and people take offence.
    i know just like slaves, when they just worked the fields it was fine.Women too when they just kept thier asses in the kitchen that was fin but when they got all uppity and wanted equal rights its now a problem. Oh how i miss the days of whipping slaves and beating my wife. BWHAHAHAHA

    also nobody is demanding acceptance nor has anybody been sued or thrown in jail for non acceptance, post such lies only makes your claims further fail
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #266
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,242

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1) Religious values = criminals. Hmm.
    I guess all religious fundamentalists need to move out of that state then.

    1.1). I think what you want to say is that when you open a business you are forced to do business with gays as well as other protected classes.

    2) See #1.

    3) You may see it as a just equal right measure, there is the taint of forced social engineering and domination of value system other than that you that you support. Some freedom that.

    I can just see gangs of LGBT folks hunting down any business where they feel slighted only to bring similar results.
    Stamp out those thoughts and values we disagree with.

    Harrumph.

    If diversity is such an important thing, why is it that diversity of religious beliefs and other value systems isn't? Just because?

    Frankly, it still make more sense to me the policy business policy 'we reserve the right not to server someone'.

    What's next of the legislative agenda? Forcing someone to frequent LGBT establishments? Forcing the electorate to buy something they don't want? (Oh wait, that's been done already).


    Minor correction, it is not an LGBT agenda, but a socialist agenda, where they piggy back on "issues" when sometimes the majority would kindly wish they shut the **** up.

    OK, say I just had a sex change. Do I want some ass hole passing laws forcing people to sell to me? No. Nor do I want to force some baker to do what he doesn't want to do.....that's what the Democratic party is for.

    On these 'made up' issues, I am reminded of the fact Canada, because of legislative neglect has absolutely NO law on abortion whatsoever. A woman, legally can terminate after the water breaks. But, it turns out, with no government/political involvement, Canada ends up with about the most reasonable statistics on abortion in the world.

    It is called the "free market system" for a reason, as gay politician and friend recently said to me "why sue? Invest and open your own bakery..."

    You see, socialists don't think that way....they can't see the benefit of profit, private sector job creation nor how the economy works.
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  7. #267
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,796

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    use either word, i dont need to try again because the answer is the same. LMAO
    Compel Compel - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    : to force (someone) to do something
    : to make (something) happen : to force (something)
    Ah, okay. One meaning of the word "force" implies that a person has no choice in the matter, but since you are using the word in the sense that is synonymous with "compel" it looks like you just don't understand the law.

    Courts can indeed compel bakers to serve gay couples. For example, a judge can issue an order to cease and desist from discriminating against gay couples. Ignoring legal appeals, etc., this leaves the baker with three options: 1) comply with the order, 2) refuse to comply and face penalties, 3) voluntarily close the business.

  8. #268
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,256

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)If you can't say 'no', it's not being forced to say 'yes'.
    2.)And I'm factually wrong on this point.
    3.) Certainly a unique version of reality you have there.
    4.)If you can't say 'no', then you have no choice but to say 'yes', and that would be the same as being forced to say 'yes', and the choice to say 'no' has been taken away from you.
    1.) and the fact remains you can say no thanks for proving your on post wrong
    2.) yes, yes you are factually wrong
    3.) see this further proves where your mistake is, reality is reality. I havent given you any version of it because that would not be reality. The reality is you can say no and there is no force to say yes.
    4.) you keep repeating this but there is no force to say yes and thats why your whole argument and straw man complete fails
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #269
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,974

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Very true.

    Its a tiny minority thats bullying their way into relevance by throwing around thoughtless charges of " Hate " and " Bigotry " .

    Problem is, they're still a tiny minority and their strategy is marginalizing them even more.
    They need to look to Russia for their future if they keep this up. Being ostracized from society.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #270
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,256

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    1.)Ah, okay. One meaning of the word "force" implies that a person has no choice in the matter, but since you are using the word in the sense that is synonymous with "compel" it looks like you just don't understand the law.
    2.)Courts can indeed compel bakers to serve gay couples. For example, a judge can issue an order to cease and desist from discriminating against gay couples. Ignoring legal appeals, etc., this leaves the baker with three options: 1) comply with the order, 2) refuse to comply and face penalties, 3) voluntarily close the business.
    3.)When asking the court to order a defendant to do (or not do) something, plaintiffs can file what's called a "Motion to Compel"
    1.) what you think it looks like doesnt matter to facts. there is no force to do service . . none. . . zero . . . this fact will not change
    2.) what the court will be doing is reinforcing the law and not allowing the baker to practice illegal discrimination, just like the courts can enforce rape laws
    but there is no law that forces business with gays . . none . . .zero . . zilch . . if you disagree simply post the law, prove it . . your will fail
    3.) yes to not infringe on peoples rights and break the law . . .not compel them to do business with gays or give services to gays

    thank you for further proving you're own claims wrong and showing you dont understand the law.
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •