Page 256 of 320 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #2551
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,988

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, lies pushed by your side made changes necessary.
    Why would changes be necessary if they were lies? The changes wouldn't change anything.

  2. #2552
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,988

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, Disneydude.

    The Governor did not pass the law. The legislature did. All he did was sign it. Pence is taking the heat, because that's what a true leader does, and what Truman meant when he said "the buck stops here." Clinton signed the original years ago, and took credit for it, and other States have also adopted the original. Why the ruckus in Indiana at this time? It does look like a deliberate diversion from other problems to many people, since this law was meant to include everyone, and not to exclude anyone, as it was portrayed to be in Indiana by a group with an agenda. Will adding a line specifically mentioning certain groups make everyone happy now? Sheesh!
    The Indiana law is not the same as the federal one. Take a look. That is exactly what the outrage is about.

  3. #2553
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    58,340

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why would changes be necessary if they were lies? The changes wouldn't change anything.
    Clarification.

  4. #2554
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,123

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    There's a whole bunch of non-collegiate grads who will get to heaven when the pro-gay intellectuals wind up elsewhere. Revelation 21:8
    I'm sure. Keep going logicman, your posts promote "pro-gay intellectuals" better than I ever could.
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  5. #2555
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    So segregation by color/race is fine with you?
    How do you propose that a merchant could affect segregation?

  6. #2556
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The Indiana law is not the same as the federal one. Take a look. That is exactly what the outrage is about.
    Can you point out the significant differences?

  7. #2557
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,988

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    That's good. Did you spend a lot of time coming up with that question? Obama voted for nearly identical legislation while a state senator in Illinois. What, exactly, is the difference? Go look at the legislation before you answer.
    Actually it is not nearly identical. Once Pence and the legislature make the changes it will be similar to the federal. This is what the outrage was about and why Pence couldn't answer the questions posed to him or refused to answer them. The fact is. Pence is the liar. He was caught in his lies and now is trying to do damage control

  8. #2558
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,027
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Dude....why don't you stop. Take a second...and stand back and look at what you are saying. Let's assume for a second that you are correct...that the "liars have won". What have they won? If the law didn't do what they claimed it did (their lies)...then a change in the law gets them nothing. They have won nothing. Right?

    On the otherhand...if you are wrong about their lies.....then your statement "They have won" would have more meaning. Because they will have won something. If their attacks were truthful....then what they have won is a change in the law changing the law from being discriminatory.


    So what is it? Why are you concerned about them "winning" if you really believe that what they have won is nothing? Its all about logic.
    Their objectives had little to do with LGBT rights. Objectives were to damage Pence and to delegitimize the religious objection to SSM. It's just political warfare.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #2559
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,988

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Clarification.
    You don't have to change the law to clarify it. Sorry but fail. There is a reason why Pence refused to answer the question whether the law allowed private businesses to refuse to serve gays.....not once.....but six times. He knew the answer and tried to avoid it. He didn't expect to be called out on it and now he is forced to do damage control because he was caught.

  10. #2560
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,988

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Their objectives had little to do with LGBT rights. Objectives were to damage Pence and to delegitimize the religious objection to SSM. It's just political warfare.
    How does it damage Pence if he was telling the truth? Any change in the law won't change anything if he was telling the truth....so how has he been damaged?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •