Page 251 of 320 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3196

Thread: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

  1. #2501
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,697

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    The only laws to protect anyone from discrimination should be those that restrict what government entities can do
    So African Americans could be denied service at a restaurant?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJames3000 View Post
    You need to revisit the chain of association... you only insisted you were a Trump-supporter after you figured out that made you a pederast as well. If I were you. I'd be more discreet about it... but I guess it's your dime.

  2. #2502
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,737

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Don't recall suggesting that I do
    Then get off your Mount.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  3. #2503
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,244
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If the attacks were "dishonest" then why does the law need to be changed? It seems like the attacks were VERY honest and that it was Pence and the rest of the bigots who were being dishonest....got caught....and are now realizing that they got caught.

    Seriously...if they were being honest about the intent of the law and what the law in fact does....why would they need to change it?
    Because the liars won this round.

    A Perfect Storm of Hysteria and Legal Ignorance - Rich Lowry, NRO
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #2504
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,756

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I have no problem accepting ALL of the teachings of Christ. I have studied the man and know him well. Look back at your posts. It is YOU who have attempted to pidgeonhole one aspect of Christ (dealing with prostitutes) while denying all of his other teachings. Perhaps it is because you don't know much about the teachings of the man. Perhaps you are simply spouting off something that you read in someone elses posts and are trying to pass yourself off with someone who has knowledge. If so, you have failed rather sadly. I will happily discuss the entirety of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ any time you like. It doesn't take much of an understanding of the man and his teachings to know how he would view those who seek to use his name in vain to justify discrimination. You can continue to believe whatever you like....but it will never change what the man taught and what he stands for. I have never said that "Sinful behavior has changed with times" . If you can comprehend the context of the statement you are referencing, I was responding to your claim that voters have rejected gay marriage. True...they have....decades ago. Look at the course of public opinion over the last five years. Support for gay marriage has not only grown over the last five years it has grown exponentially...to the point that large majorities now favor marriage equality, which is why those desperately clinging to the hope that the SCOTUS will somehow uphold their bigoted views are soon to have those hopes dashed when marriage equality becomes the law of the land this June. This Indiana law is a new attempt by the bigots to try to find ways to retain their "right" to discriminate. They will fail as well.
    Yes...you do. You conveeeeeeniently forget that part about NOT committing the sinful act.

  5. #2505
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,734

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Because the liars won this round.

    A Perfect Storm of Hysteria and Legal Ignorance - Rich Lowry, NRO
    Doesn't answer the question. You are just making an igorant statement.

    If the attacks were LIES (as you claim)...then why would the law need to be changed? Really...think about it. If the attacks were lies, there would be no reason to change the law because the law would not do what the attacks claimed.

    However...on the otherhand, if the attacks were TRUTHFUL and it was Pence and the other bigots who were the liars...that would explain why the law would need to be changed...because it did exactly what they claimed it didn't and did exactly what the attacks claimed that it did.

    It would appear that the facts are against you here Jack........Pence is either a liar or an idiot. Which one do you think he is?

  6. #2506
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,734

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yes...you do. You conveeeeeeniently forget that part about NOT committing the sinful act.
    Every one among us a sinner. I am....you are....everyone is. It is due to our sins that we have the sacrifice of Christ. Again....you are attempting to pidgeonhole the man without understanding his teachings. If you want to have a conversation about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ...educate yourself and then get back to me. There is no question that Christ would find the actions of these bigots disgraceful. Sorry.
    Last edited by disneydude; 03-31-15 at 06:25 PM.

  7. #2507
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,734

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Because the liars won this round.

    A Perfect Storm of Hysteria and Legal Ignorance - Rich Lowry, NRO
    By the way Jack....linking an op-ed piece by a right-wing conservative doesn't really qualify as "proof" of your hypothesis. Just sayin.

  8. #2508
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,697

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/01/us...T.nav=top-news

    But some of Indiana’s and the nation’s most prominent anti-gay rights groups have been among the most prominent supporters of the bill, including the American Family Association, the Family Research Council, the Indiana Family Institute and Advance America. And some advocates of the law have disagreed with Mr. Pence, saying that it could be used to defend a business’s right to deny service to gay people.
    But the Indiana law has some differences from the federal law, and most of the state laws, that critics say are significant, including a provision explicitly stating that it applies to the exercise of religious beliefs by businesses as well as individuals and religious groups. The idea that a for-profit business has religious rights, and can cite them in contesting government action, was not widely considered until recently. But last year the Supreme Court upheld that principle in the case Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJames3000 View Post
    You need to revisit the chain of association... you only insisted you were a Trump-supporter after you figured out that made you a pederast as well. If I were you. I'd be more discreet about it... but I guess it's your dime.

  9. #2509
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,244
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Doesn't answer the question. You are just making an igorant statement.

    If the attacks were LIES (as you claim)...then why would the law need to be changed? Really...think about it. If the attacks were lies, there would be no reason to change the law because the law would not do what the attacks claimed.

    However...on the otherhand, if the attacks were TRUTHFUL and it was Pence and the other bigots who were the liars...that would explain why the law would need to be changed...because it did exactly what they claimed it didn't and did exactly what the attacks claimed that it did.

    It would appear that the facts are against you here Jack........Pence is either a liar or an idiot. Which one do you think he is?
    Pence is acting to prevent damage to his state. He recognized political reality: liars are damaging his state. He is doing his duty and recognizing political reality. Sometimes the bad guys win.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #2510
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,244
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Indiana's Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    By the way Jack....linking an op-ed piece by a right-wing conservative doesn't really qualify as "proof" of your hypothesis. Just sayin.
    He makes the right point. The liars won this round.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •